Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steveOooo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2008
UK
Looking to create some fitness DVDs - the instructor will be conducting quite vigorous exercises (a 30 min 'insanity' drop dead at the end type affair).

I can sense the budget wont be huge - is there a cheap-ish (£200) headset with cardioid pick up that I can wirelessly connect to a Sony EX3?

I have a Senhhesier wireless lapel mic bought with this kit - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...veASIN=B0041ORW1Q&linkCode=as2&tag=mysp085-21

will any-ol headset with a lockable 3.5mm jack socket work? need it to be cardiod and not fall off whens shes thrusting and jiggling etc... :cool:

Last edited:

diamond3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
I don't have a solid answer right now, but I am going to be back on a studio shoot for another fitness DVD on monday and will try to see what they are using. They've hired a guy for the day in the past that specifically handles audio, so i've never looked into it. Although this setup is used for large, high-end production videos so it may more than you're willing or able to spend.

They've always used over the ear microphones attached to a wireless receiver with the cable taped down the back of the neck. I am thinking part of the reason for using the over the ear is that a standard lapel might rub on the clothing and create lots of noise with excessive movement.

Something like this I believe was tied into a shure wireless system:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/776478-REG/Audio_Technica_BP893CT4_TH_BP893cT4_MicroEarset_Condenser_Headworn.html

Arrowk127

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2010
Might want to check out Countryman E6. Its a very professional mic and is almost invisible. They make them in a bunch of different options and include caps that adjust the sound. They might be able to get you one with the connector required for your wireless transmitter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.