PDA

View Full Version : Maps - Simple, but welcome updates

virginblue4
Jun 13, 2013, 05:48 PM
I noticed that the UI of Maps has been slightly updated making it clearer than before. Here are two screenshots, one from my iPhone 5 running iOS 7 and the other from my iPad mini running iOS 6.

I've also attached some more screenshots just showing the updated UI, clearer text and clearer main roads.

Patriot24
Jun 13, 2013, 05:50 PM
Yep, the cartography (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartography) is much improved. I like it.

C DM
Jun 13, 2013, 07:35 PM
Navigation though seems really bland (especially compared to all of that).

Tom G.
Jun 13, 2013, 08:08 PM
I do not understand your statement about "navigation though seems rather bland".

To me "Bland" navigation is what I want. Before people seemed to be complaining because problems in maps made navigation "not bland", but rather exciting to say the least. I would guess that "bland" would indicate quite an improvement then? :D

C DM
Jun 13, 2013, 10:39 PM
I do not understand your statement about "navigation though seems rather bland".

To me "Bland" navigation is what I want. Before people seemed to be complaining because problems in maps made navigation "not bland", but rather exciting to say the least. I would guess that "bland" would indicate quite an improvement then? :DIt's mostly pale off-white with some blue and that's it. Not that much really differentiates streets or makes them stand apart. And the more typical map colors that are common in most map/navigation apps aren't really there.

baller1308
Jun 13, 2013, 10:50 PM
I actually liked the look with the green signs and all that for the navigation. They continue to use it in the Maps app on OS X Mavericks.