PDA

View Full Version : Could I get beta 2 if not a dev?

hello12
Jun 13, 2013, 07:41 PM
I am not expecting it soon or anything, but I got iOS 7 without being a developer. When the next beta comes out, will I have to download the next version and update my phone, or will they let me update it OTA if I have iOS 7.0 already?

Was just wondering about this.

chrf097
Jun 13, 2013, 07:43 PM
I am not expecting it soon or anything, but I got iOS 7 without being a developer. When the next beta comes out, will I have to download the next version and update my phone, or will they let me update it OTA if I have iOS 7.0 already?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1594304

C DM
Jun 13, 2013, 07:46 PM
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1594304Doesn't really seem like this is asking about buying/selling UDIDs or of actual steps/process of obtaining/installing beta builds. Technicalities perhaps, but still.

chrf097
Jun 13, 2013, 08:03 PM
Doesn't really seem like this is asking about buying/selling UDIDs or of actual steps/process of obtaining/installing beta builds. Technicalities perhaps, but still.

As it says:

We do not allow sales of UDID slots or requests for UDID slots, or allow for any discussion about specific steps that need to be taken to run the software without a proper license.

tymaster50
Jun 13, 2013, 08:04 PM

Doesn't really seem like this is asking about buying/selling UDIDs or of actual steps/process of obtaining/installing beta builds. Technicalities perhaps, but still.

We do not allow sales of UDID slots or requests for UDID slots, or allow for any discussion about specific steps that need to be taken to run the software without a proper license.

C DM
Jun 13, 2013, 08:13 PM
As it says:We do not allow sales of UDID slots or requests for UDID slots, or allow for any discussion about specific steps that need to be taken to run the software without a proper license.Sure, but, again, that says "discussion of specific steps", meaning it applies to the "how" part of doing it, but perhaps not really "if" part of doing it.

This seems more like an "if" question rather than a "how" question, which is different, even if on a technicality type of level.

If the implication of that statement should really be more like "allow for any discussion about the software without a proper license" then that's somewhat different.

chrf097
Jun 13, 2013, 08:18 PM
Sure, but, again, that says "discussion of specific steps", meaning it applies to the "how" part of doing it, but perhaps not really "if" part of doing it.

This seems more like an "if" question rather than a "how" question, which is different, even if on a technicality type of level.

If the implication of that statement should really be more like "allow for any discussion about the software without a proper license" then that's somewhat different.

When the next beta comes out, will I have to download the next version and update my phone, or will they let me update it OTA if I have iOS 7.0 already?

Seems more like a "how" than an "if"

PNutts
Jun 13, 2013, 08:23 PM
He said he wasn't a developer. He didn't say he wasn't licensed. With that said, if I was a mod I would probably close the thread.