PDA

View Full Version : The Whining Bloggers Won. Apple Overreacted. Consumers Lost.

whocaresit
Jun 13, 2013, 08:48 PM
Until iOS 6, iOS was magnificent. Rich. Luxurious. Extravagant. Exuberant. AMAZING. INCREDIBLE in a word! Its aesthetic had no match.
The whining bloggers started complaining about Leather and Felt. Two apps that needed fixing, that was it. Then they jumped onto 'Skeuomorphism' bandwagon just because of Leather stitching and Contacts apps being like realworld counterparts. It was actually not that big of an issue.

Apple Overreacted. Removing everything that could be associated to the real-world. Like Reflections. Gloss. Shadows. Stripes. Textures. Colors. A reflective dock. Sign boards (http://pocketnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/turnbyturn.jpg) in Maps. Even Buttons, couldn't be saved.

Now all iOS 7 is, strictly speaking appearance-wise, obnoxiously ugly. Headache inducing. Every app looks the same, like it was put together the last minute. White everywhere. No shadows. Hard to read text. So much that it alienates the loyal and familiar iOS audience.

In the end, the bloggers successfully managed to bring down iPhone's OS aesthetic to 'just another Andriod-looking OS'. iOS has lost all it's character and richness. Everything feels dumbed-down and subdued. :(

batting1000
Jun 13, 2013, 08:50 PM
Totally. :rolleyes:

VolceOntra
Jun 13, 2013, 08:51 PM
Did you not read the many other threads basically echoing how you feel?

kerrikins
Jun 13, 2013, 08:52 PM
Why does everyone feel the need to start their own thread instead of commenting on the 1093507 that already exist?

Some people will like it. Some people don't. We will NOT know until the fall whether the majority agree or disagree with opinions on either side so everyone should just cool off until then and stop posting separate threads for everything.

gadget123
Jun 13, 2013, 08:53 PM
Until iOS 6, iOS was magnificent. Rich. Luxurious. Extravagant. Exuberant. AMAZING. INCREDIBLE in a word! Its aesthetic had no match.
The whining bloggers started complaining about Leather and Felt. Two apps that needed fixing, that was it. Then they jumped onto 'Skeuomorphism' bandwagon just because of Leather stitching and Contacts apps being like realworld counterparts. It was actually not that big of an issue.

Apple Overreacted. Removing everything that could be associated to the real-world. Like Reflections. Gloss. Shadows. Stripes. Textures. Colors. A reflective dock. Even Buttons, couldn't be saved.

Now all iOS 7 is, strictly speaking appearance-wise, obnoxiously ugly. Headache inducing. Every app looks the same, like it was put together the last minute. White everywhere. No shadows. Hard to read text. So much that it alienates the loyal and familiar iOS audience.
In the end, the bloggers successfully managed to bring down iPhone's OS aesthetic to 'just another Andriod-looking OS'. iOS has lost all it's character and richness. Everything feels dumbed-down and subdued. :(

I think it was more due to Scott Forstall leaving and Ive taking over to be honest. The bloggers will get the blame but IOS up until 6 had a good reputation and satisfaction rate.

Everything Steve Jobs built up seems to be changing. Introduction of cheaper products like Ipad minis and plastic iphones due? Plus a drastic change in OS.

I'm afraid the Apple of recent times is changing it seems.

gpsouza
Jun 13, 2013, 08:54 PM
Why does some people comment in a topic that they don't like? Just ignore it!

I agree with the OP.

gadget123
Jun 13, 2013, 08:54 PM
Why does everyone feel the need to start their own thread instead of commenting on the 1093507 that already exist?

Some people will like it. Some people don't. We will NOT know until the fall whether the majority agree or disagree with opinions on either side so everyone should just cool off until then and stop posting separate threads for everything.

I agree but even a 50/50 divide is not great. What was the satisfaction rate with IOS 6? Must be quite high.

No good Apple only pleasing half. The idea is to develop something a majority like..for any company surely?

thejadedmonkey
Jun 13, 2013, 09:01 PM
I agree but even a 50/50 divide is not great. What was the satisfaction rate with IOS 6? Must be quite high.

No good Apple only pleasing half. The idea is to develop something a majority like..for any company surely?

It's not just "satisfaction". Actually the key metric is more like "likely to buy again" or "would recommend to a friend". And that metric is falling across the board. the iPhone is "expensive", "boring", "for old people", or as my incredibly non-techie girlfriend put it "don't get one JadedMonkey".

if Apple really comes out with a $99 colored iPhone, revitalizes the unchanged-for-6-years UI, and can get that "likely to buy again" metric back up, iOS 7 will have been a success. Even if 100% of the people who use it hate the UI.

gadget123
Jun 13, 2013, 09:07 PM
It's not just "satisfaction". Actually the key metric is more like "likely to buy again" or "would recommend to a friend". And that metric is falling across the board. the iPhone is "expensive", "boring", "for old people", or as my incredibly non-techie girlfriend put it "don't get one JadedMonkey".

if Apple really comes out with a $99 colored iPhone, revitalizes the unchanged-for-6-years UI, and can get that "likely to buy again" metric back up, iOS 7 will have been a success. Even if 100% of the people who use it hate the UI.

If someone hates it, they won't recommend to a friend and will be put off future products as IOS7 is forced. I wouldn't touch a new computer with Windows 8 on it due to it being rubbish.

Let's be honest I like Iphone 5 but it's took a bit of a hit, sales have not been what Apple expected. Bloggers will blame lack of innovation but there's no evidence people like phones with screens to large anyway. I think the sales of the 5 were low as people get locked into two year contracts so can't upgrade. The new trade in rumour might work?

And some argue the new OS will attract new customers but the word from Android users is it offers nothing more than what they have already as it's copying anyway. Plus you are not stuck with the bright colour scheme so the ball has swung to Android which offers a much more fluid and customisable OS.

joemeetsjane
Jun 13, 2013, 09:14 PM
the world will continuously change and hopefully, evolve.

some might join the ride, others will stay steadfast and be left behind.

kerrikins

But the market is changing. See, when Apple came into the picture the average consumer did not use smartphones. People like to point to the smartphones that existed before the iPhone but the truth is that at the time the average person probably had a Razr or some other phone like it. Smartphones were for business people.

The iPhone made the average consumer *want* a smartphone and this was a shift that other companies weren't ready for, and that's why they were caught flat-footed... Apple found a way to make the smartphone appealing to everyone from little kids all the way to older people and their OS was so friendly and well designed that it took other companies awhile to catch up. In the meantime Apple had such good word of mouth that pick-up of other models only really started to take off in the last two years.

But see, now we're six years after the launch of the first iPhone and cellphone use is high, so is smartphone adoption. People are much more comfortable with smartphones and they want more functionality and they want change, too. The 'cool' factor has ebbed with Apple and now people are a bit more demanding and a little bit bored. People as a whole really like it when you take something familiar, spruce it up a bit so that it feels brand new, and add in new things that they can do, too, and the market is very ripe for that right now.

That's what I think Apple is going for in this update - put on a fresh new design, add in new functionality, maybe add in new selection of the phone models in the fall, too. If people like it then iOS 7 could be an incredible success, but either way they had to try, IMO. I bet they're feeling the pressure to not lose dominance in phones the way that they did with PCs pretty keenly. It is *way* too early to tell whether this OS will be successful with the public, because right now the only people paying attention are the people who are early adopters in general anyway or people who are paid to write about Apple and pay attention.

We won't know how this is going to work out until the phone is actually launched and in the average consumer's hands.

darngooddesign

Most customer satisfaction polls have the iPhone solidly in the likely to buy again category. Regardless of what your girlfriend says.

I'm sure you can cite the iPhone's fall from grace.

gadget123
Jun 13, 2013, 09:18 PM
But the market is changing. See, when Apple came into the picture the average consumer did not use smartphones. People like to point to the smartphones that existed before the iPhone but the truth is that at the time the average person probably had a Razr or some other phone like it. Smartphones were for business people.

The iPhone made the average consumer *want* a smartphone and this was a shift that other companies weren't ready for, and that's why they were caught flat-footed... Apple found a way to make the smartphone appealing to everyone from little kids all the way to older people and their OS was so friendly and well designed that it took other companies awhile to catch up. In the meantime Apple had such good word of mouth that pick-up of other models only really started to take off in the last two years.

But see, now we're six years after the launch of the first iPhone and cellphone use is high, so is smartphone adoption. People are much more comfortable with smartphones and they want more functionality and they want change, too. The 'cool' factor has ebbed with Apple and now people are a bit more demanding and a little bit bored. People as a whole really like it when you take something familiar, spruce it up a bit so that it feels brand new, and add in new things that they can do, too, and the market is very ripe for that right now.

That's what I think Apple is going for in this update - put on a fresh new design, add in new functionality, maybe add in new selection of the phone models in the fall, too. If people like it then iOS 7 could be an incredible success, but either way they had to try, IMO. I bet they're feeling the pressure to not lose dominance in phones the way that they did with PCs pretty keenly.

Listen I agree maybe some people felt it had to change to keep up. However I think Apple has totally redesigned it in a bad way poor colours and complicated. Too big a change in one year maybe? If Apple released something decent there would be some praise.

I think what Apple has done is everybodys worst nightmare. I think many feared the Android style but the colour scheme came as a surprise to all.

IOS is known for being very easy to use. Without a total rebuild of IOS7 I can't see how it's going to be easy to use. Yes some people find it ok but I can see many not liking it.

watchthisspace
Jun 13, 2013, 09:19 PM
You are welcome to stay on iOS:6. But Apple needed to be bold and daring to keep iOS relevant with what the market is doing. I, for one, like what I see is coming with iOS:7. It's change, but it's still the familiar iOS we know and love.

If Apple wanted the iPhone to be a best seller, it not just sit idle and bring camera and speed updates. iOS itself needs to accommodate,embrace and go with change.

In my other posts I always mention it's not as if iOS is like going from Windows 7 to Windows 8. It's definitely going from Windows XP to Windows 7. How we interact with our iDevice is fundamentally the same, but what we see is changing, evolving, staying current with the trend.

gadget123
Jun 13, 2013, 09:22 PM
You are welcome to stay on iOS:6. But Apple needed to be bold and daring to keep iOS relevant with what the market is doing. I, for one, like what I see is coming with iOS:7. It's change, but it's still the familiar iOS we know and love.

If Apple wanted the iPhone to be a best seller, it not just sit idle and bring camera and speed updates. iOS itself needs to accommodate,embrace and go with change.

In my other posts I always mention it's not as if iOS is like going from Windows 7 to Windows 8. It's definitely going from Windows XP to Windows 7. How we interact with our iDevice is fundamentally the same, but what we see is changing, evolving, staying current with the trend.

Ok let's be clear:

If IOS7 stayed the same people could leave yeah?

If IOS7 changes too much, in a bad way people will leave?

If IOS7 changes in a great way, intuitive, creative and progressive and offers clear upgrades over the last one people will love it?

Apple went for option 2 bad unpopular change. They risk an uncertain year of sales and take up of it on existing devices will be interesting to say the least.

For me it's such a radical change, I highlight that word that I have to switch platforms.

darngooddesign
Jun 13, 2013, 09:25 PM
Yes some people find it ok but I can see many not liking it.

Many people will like it. Some people will not.

gadget123
Jun 13, 2013, 09:26 PM
Many people will like it. Some people will not.

More people seem to dislike than previous versions. Nobody knows what will happen to sales ect..It's a wait and see first.

kerrikins
Jun 13, 2013, 09:28 PM
Apple went for option 2 bad unpopular change. They risk an uncertain year of sales and take up of it on existing devices will be interesting to say the least.

For me it's such a radical change, I highlight that word that I have to switch platforms.

Early adopter opinion says *nothing* about how an OS will be received, though. Studies have shown that it doesn't matter how enthusiastic or furious early adopters are, it matters how the second and third waves of adoption receive the product. We have no idea how the market will take to this OS because it hasn't even been released yet! If you're going by Macrumors and the tech world then you're looking in the wrong places because one section loves to complain and the other makes no money if all they print is 'everyone loves it and it's perfect'. Perfection and things going well are boring in the media world. You can't even go by 'design rules' because those change all the time.

Seriously, you could be right, but it's too early to tell.

jjlannoo
Jun 13, 2013, 09:28 PM
headache inducing? lol

darngooddesign
Jun 13, 2013, 09:29 PM
More people seem to dislike than previous versions. Nobody knows what will happen to sales ect..It's a wait and see first.

No. Some bloggers and people on MacRumors dislike it. Do you really think that's what the majority of iPhone users are?

According to the vocal minority on MR, every single iPhone and iPad has had massive physical defects and everyone required multiple exchanges to get something usable. Is that what you really think played out in reality?

As always all you hear from is the vocal minority.

KenAFSPC
Jun 13, 2013, 09:30 PM

if Apple really comes out with a $99 colored iPhone, revitalizes the unchanged-for-6-years UI, and can get that "likely to buy again" metric back up, iOS 7 will have been a success. Even if 100% of the people who use it hate the UI.The iPhone 5 is the #1 selling phone model in North America, by a wide margin, for good reason. Apple should not be so quick to throw out the baby with the bathwater. Most people who purchase a different phone do so for one (or more) of three reasons: cost, customizability, or a larger screen. IOS7 addresses none of these.

What Apple should do (or should have done):

1. Allow people to create and sell their own icon/themes sets in the App Store. That would address customizability. Apple could release a few themes or skins themselves to launch the category.

2. Release an iPhone 6 with a 4.2" screen (identical form factor, thinner screen bezel) and offer an "XL" version with a 4.7" or 4.8" screen.

3. Re-release the existing 4" iPhone 5 hardware in a plastic case for $99 after subsidy.

4. Add all the other IOS7 features, minus the aesthetic changes.

These are changes everyone can support.

gadget123
Jun 13, 2013, 09:32 PM
Early adopter opinion says *nothing* about how an OS will be received, though. Studies have shown that it doesn't matter how enthusiastic or furious early adopters are, it matters how the second and third waves of adoption receive the product. We have no idea how the market will take to this OS because it hasn't even been released yet! If you're going by Macrumors and the tech world then you're looking in the wrong places because one section loves to complain and the other makes no money if all they print is 'everyone loves it and it's perfect'. Perfection and things going well are boring in the media world. You can't even go by 'design rules' because those change all the time.

Seriously, you could be right, but it's too early to tell.

Like I say no company can dominate forever. I think Apple will fall eventually and need somebody else to turn the ship again. I think Tim Cook isn't helping Apple. He seems to admit more mistakes than Jobs so if IOS7 is a total failure I wonder if he will be honest and say they made a mistake like the maps thing? If it does fail I think Ive should be moved on from software.

I'm a very analytical person and I think it will fail and the main reason is it's not offering anything in terms of radical improvement on what else is on the market and actually makes IOS worse in areas.

If Apple doesn't do a big U turn I think customers will do the U Turn and leave. Certainly interesting times ahead.

darngooddesign
Jun 13, 2013, 09:34 PM
The iPhone 5 is the #1 selling phone model in North America, by a wide margin, for good reason. Apple should not be so quick to throw out the baby with the bathwater. Most people who purchase a different phone do so for one (or more) of three reasons: cost, customizability, or a larger screen. IOS7 addresses none of these.

Your three reasons are flawed. The 4S sold as well as the 5 and it offered none of the things you said drives people to buy anew phone.

gadget123
Jun 13, 2013, 09:34 PM
The iPhone 5 is the #1 selling phone model in North America, by a wide margin, for good reason. Apple should not be so quick to throw out the baby with the bathwater. Most people who purchase a different phone do so for one (or more) of three reasons: cost, customizability, or a larger screen. IOS7 addresses none of these.

What Apple should do (or should have done):

1. Allow people to create and sell their own icon/themes sets in the App Store. That would address customizability. Apple could release a few themes or skins themselves to launch the category.

2. Release an iPhone 6 with a 4.2" screen (identical form factor, thinner screen bezel) and offer an "XL" version with a 4.7" or 4.8" screen.

3. Re-release the existing 4" iPhone hardware in a plastic case for $99 after subsidy.

4. Add all the other IOS7 features, minus the aesthetic changes.

These are changes everyone can support.

The word is there's a lack of demand for Iphone 5:

http://www.technightowl.com/2013/02/apple-gear-so-much-for-a-lack-of-demand/

watchthisspace
Jun 13, 2013, 09:35 PM
Ok let's be clear:

If IOS7 stayed the same people could leave yeah?

If IOS7 changes too much, in a bad way people will leave?

If IOS7 changes in a great way, intuitive, creative and progressive and offers clear upgrades over the last one people will love it?

In a nut shell, yes, that would be how it work. But we don't really know how many people will leave, love it, or care.

Right now iOS:7 is still beta, so things will probably change before the GM is released to the public.

Until then, fundamentals such as sliding to unlock, pull down notifications and how we interact with the phone, e.g tapping the icons, folders for organisation are still there, with a different look.

If you feel such changes will force you to switch platform, then that's understandable, but keep in mind you will be learning the ins and outs of Android, Windows Phone, Ubuntu Phone or whichever platform you move to.

ominx
Jun 13, 2013, 09:40 PM
My (2) YEAR old has figured out how to use iOS 7 in 2 days after using iOS 6 for maybe... 3 months. So I think most iOS users will be just ok come the fall.

KenAFSPC
Jun 13, 2013, 09:41 PM
Your three reasons are flawed. The 4S sold as well as the 5 and it offered none of the things you said drives people to buy anew phone.
The smartphone market was quite different when the 4S was released in 2011. The Android software wasn't as competitive and we didn't have smartphones with 4.5-4.9" HD displays. At the time, there weren't many high quality phones available for under $200, either. Plus, there was a lot of pent-up demand because iPhone 3G/GS users had held off on upgrades in anticipation of the iPhone 5 or a LTE iPhone.

robanga
Jun 13, 2013, 09:45 PM
I really like the flat design. Truth is that as Android copied iOS not long ago, iOS has now something to learn from Android's improvements.

..the march goes on.

kerrikins
Jun 13, 2013, 09:46 PM
The trouble with threads like this is that the opinion almost always seems to be 'I don't like it, some people on MR don't like it and some tech bloggers don't like it, so it's probably going to fail!!!!'. That's... not really sound logic.

ionjohn
Jun 13, 2013, 09:46 PM

Apple Overreacted. Removing everything that could be associated to the real-world. Like Reflections. Gloss. Shadows. Stripes. Textures. Colors. A reflective dock. Sign boards (http://pocketnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/turnbyturn.jpg) in Maps. Even Buttons, couldn't be saved.

Apple's dumb

darngooddesign
Jun 13, 2013, 09:48 PM
The smartphone market was quite different when the 4S was released in 2011. The Android software wasn't as competitive and we didn't have smartphones with 4.5-4.9" HD displays. At the time, there weren't many high quality phones available for under $200, either. Plus, there was a lot of pent-up demand because iPhone 3G/GS users had held off on upgrades in anticipation of the iPhone 5 or a LTE iPhone.

There were phones with larger screens for the same price. You're grasping here. There is pent up demand as well because 4S users will be up for a new phone.

haruhiko
Jun 13, 2013, 09:48 PM
iOS 6? Excellent until you load up the App Store. Slow as molasses.

Also, what about the ever color changing status bar? That's NOT elegant.

How about the weirdly colored dialer in the phone app?

The only thing I like about iOS 6 is the quick camera access on the lock screen. Can anybody confirm if it's still there in iOS 7? That is important.

KenAFSPC
Jun 13, 2013, 09:52 PM
There were phones with larger screens for the same price. You're grasping here. There is pent up demand as well because 4S users will be up for a new phone.At the time, there were 4" phones, which Apple matched last year when interest waned in the 4S.

iPhone 4S users have much more compelling upgrade options now than 3G/GS users did in 2011. And IOS7 still doesn't address the key reasons why so many are opting for Android phones (see previous post).

darngooddesign
Jun 13, 2013, 09:54 PM
At the time, there were 4" phones, which Apple matched last year when interest waned in the 4S.

But at the time of the 4S there were larger screened phones, there were several phones with 4+" screens, when the 5 came out plenty of people said it was still a small screen because they were using 4.5+" phones. Interest waned in the 4S because the 5 came out. That's the way it works every time.

yanksrock100
Jun 13, 2013, 09:55 PM
Like every new thing, some people won't like it. I think iOS 6 is stale, most of the apps haven't changed much in the past 5 years. The "if it aint broke, dont fix it!" mentality can only be used so long....it was time for a change. Sure iOS 7 isn't perfect, but I sure as hell like it better than iOS 6.

hoosier205
Jun 13, 2013, 09:56 PM
I happened to be watching an episode of "The Big Bang Theory" while reading the first post in this thread...the similarities were striking. Good lord folks...get a grip. Far too many are reacting the same way a child would when not getting their way.

darngooddesign
Jun 13, 2013, 09:57 PM
The only thing I like about iOS 6 is the quick camera access on the lock screen. Can anybody confirm if it's still there in iOS 7? That is important.

Every photo of the lockscreen, including the ones on Apple's site, show it. Not sure why you were concerned it wouldn't be there.

haruhiko
Jun 13, 2013, 09:58 PM
Every photo of the lockscreen, including the ones on Apple's site, show it. Not sure why you were concerned it wouldn't be there.
Thanks I should've checked first. ;) So it's still "swipe up for camera" right?

darngooddesign
Jun 13, 2013, 10:00 PM
Thanks I should've checked first. ;) So it's still "swipe up for camera" right?

I do understand. I use it a lot as well.

LIVEFRMNYC
Jun 13, 2013, 10:01 PM
IMO, besides the lockscreen, iOS7 looks nothing like Android. Sure some features are copied in similar fashion, but I think it resembles WP more than Android.

Technarchy
Jun 13, 2013, 10:05 PM
I finally got to touch iOS 7 beta.

At this stage, it's a huge leap over iOS 6 which was more than long in the tooth and was risking being poleaxed by other mobile operating systems as time moved on and Apple didn't.

haruhiko
Jun 13, 2013, 10:11 PM
Apple seems to have regained the boldness it once had during the iPod era. There were so many great designs came out a decade ago, e.g. the desk lamp iMac. However after the huge success of iOS devices Apple seemed to have stagnated esp. until the later stage in Steve's life, when he could no longer control that much for the work of Scott Forstall et al. Skeuomorphism had gone out of control, the Podcast app and the pass shredder effect of the Passbook app are prime examples of that.

Now, in 2013 after the departure of Forstall, Jony Ive can innovative in design without fettering, we can see bold designs again - radical redesign of iOS 7 and the trash can Mac Pro - bold changes are controversial but I'd prefer it to having the same look for one more year.

maxosx
Jun 13, 2013, 10:13 PM
Apples advantage is having so much extra cash on hand, they can afford to do anything they want. Able to stubbornly hold out and not offer features many user would enjoy, Apple takes pride in dictating to their customers. Operating nearly consequence free there's no telling what they will be doing in the months ahead.

C DM
Jun 13, 2013, 10:29 PM
Thanks I should've checked first. ;) So it's still "swipe up for camera" right?Yup.

baller1308
Jun 13, 2013, 10:37 PM
If it was the other way around people would probably feel the same way. Some people don't like change. Change takes time and honestly, there are other options out there if you are not satisfied.

3bs
Jun 13, 2013, 10:38 PM

iOS 7 looks nothing like Android. If anything it looks more like Windows Phone.

tmanto02
Jun 13, 2013, 11:09 PM

A: you are comparing IOS 6 which is in its 4th refined state AFTER beta to an OS in beta 1.

And B: This MR poll ( http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1594916 )suggests that most of the people using IOS 7 b1 like the UI better than that of ios6

bboucher790
Jun 13, 2013, 11:51 PM
No one's saying iOS 7 shouldn't have been a significant departure from iOS 6. What people are saying is that iOS 7 takes a step back from 6's brilliant design.

For months there was rumor that iOS 7 would be "simplistic" in design. This is something I welcome. What we have so far, however, is a more "chaotic" and "confusing" design. Both OS's behave similarly. If you've used one, you'll quickly navigate the other. The difference is that iOS 7 is less intuitive, and visually troublesome. More-so than icons, people should be focusing on buttons. The removal of buttons is interface suicide. There's a reason most of the top UI's, across desktops as well, implement buttons correctly.

Is iOS6 perfect? Not by a long shot. There are plenty of visual inconsistencies within iOS 6, that iOS 7 rectifies. Pop up dialogues are much more consistent on 7, one of the biggest visual flaws in 6.

While I'm 100% sure 7 will improve tenfold by release, I'm not sure it will match iOS 6's fit and finish. Remember, iOS 6 has had the last ten years to refine itself. We're on day three.

mirzank
Jun 14, 2013, 12:46 AM
anybody who thinks somehow ios7 will be rejected by the masses needs to think again.

YOU might not like it as a long time user. your GF might not like it as somebody that doesn't like change. your parents might not like it because they liked the simplicity of ios6.

But look at the new ios7 design objectively. The first screen you see. the galaxy background. thin text for time. The pretty looking fade on slide to unlock. then look at the lock code screen. round pretty buttons that light up when you press them. look at the way the buttons zoom onto the screen. look at the home screen. the slide up control panel. these are all effects that resonate with people. it looks "fancy". it looks clean. it has finesse.

when ios 6 came out it wasn't just the functionality that appealed to people. it was the cleanliness of the OS. no clutter. no confusion like windows CE/6 or symbian. The best thing though? the font apple was using. I don't want to over use the word clean, but thats what it was. it was "CLEAN". but the look was getting old after 5 years. the weather app started looking boring. the text started looking blocky. all the things that were so revolutionary 6 years ago suddenly lost lustre.

thats what ios7 is. CLEAN. NEW. PRETTY.

I guarantee you people will love it.

Those that say the OS is staid and old functionality-wise might move onto android. but we're talking a small percentage of consumers that actually put their money where their mouth is.

First time apple buyers will love it for what it is. old apple loyalists will love the evolution for the OS.

Cayennr
Jun 14, 2013, 01:00 AM
I don’t think Apple gives a damn about some quasi-bloggers. I say they know what they’re doing.

canucksfan88
Jun 14, 2013, 01:25 AM
sorry i love it.

Night Spring
Jun 14, 2013, 02:29 AM
thats what ios7 is. CLEAN. NEW. PRETTY.

New and pretty, yes. Clean, I don't think so. There's too much going on visually. Things feel busy -- my eyes don't know where to focus. All the thin lines on the new control icons, like the back and forward arrows, the box with the line through the middle that is the sharing icon, they are very distracting, and pull me away from the content I want to be looking at. It's like they made the icons very thin and light with thin lines and no shading, then used very bright colors to make sure they can be seen, but now the color is so bright you can't ignore them. Thicker lines with duller shades may look dowdy, but they don't encroach on your attention until you need them.

Rogifan
Jun 14, 2013, 02:33 AM
If iOS 7 is so bad can someone explain why it got a standing O at WWDC?

I've watched a number of the developer videos on the WWDC app and I can't wait to see what 3rd party developers do with some of the new API's in iOS 7.

redbeard331
Jun 14, 2013, 02:36 AM
I don't think ANYBODY did not want change, I myself was expecting something incredible seeing that this was supposedly being done by one of the best designers on Earth. What I wasn't expecting was some crude, hideous, rainbow brite looking new theme that looks like a kindergarden class drew it up with crayons, that is what people have issues with.

It's also baffling seeing how Apple always touts the gorgeous retina display, and then gives us a new OS with 7 colors.

A stale OS needs change, change for the better, not change for the worse. People like to talk about it being "fresh", and new, and how that will somehow draw in more people, well, just imagine how many more people it would draw in if it actually LOOKED GOOD. This shouldn't be an issue, it looks horrendous, and Apple has to fix it, period.

Night Spring
Jun 14, 2013, 02:40 AM

I've watched a number of the developer videos on the WWDC app and I can't wait to see what 3rd party developers do with some of the new API's in iOS 7.

I can't speak for anyone else, but personally, I was impressed when I saw the keynote. It was only when I installed the beta and started using it that I started running into problems.

I'm sure that there are many new APIs and other features that are very exciting for developers and opens up possibilities for new and better apps. I'm just afraid I won't be able to take advantage of them if some of the problems with iOS 7 doesn't get cleared up -- right now it really is literally giving me a headache, because the visual effects are exhausting to my eyes.

Rogifan
Jun 14, 2013, 02:52 AM
I can't believe people would want to go back to iOS 6 where there is no quick toggles for commonly used settings, worse multitasking, no airdrop, etc. The haters seem to be focusing exclusively on the look of the new UI. But since this was a major overhaul in like 6 months I suspect some of that will change/improve prior to iOS 7 shipping, and probably even after. For me the new features/functionality improvements (that we didn't get from Jobs & Forstall) are most important.

Cutting Apple some slack knowing this is beta one of basically a new OS redesigned in 6 months or so isn't having fanboy blinders on. Had Apple released iOS 7 looking very similar to iOS 6 I think the reaction would have been much worse. I don't think they could afford to wait until iOS 8 to roll out something new. Also I don't think enough people have used it for an extended period of time (if at all) to form a solid opinion of it. I see a lot of knee jerk reactions based on screen shots or very limited use of beta 1 software. Let's see what people's opinions are 2-3 months from now.

TC25
Jun 14, 2013, 02:52 AM

The OPs goal was to make sure more people read his ego stroking pontifications.

Apples advantage is having so much extra cash on hand, they can afford to do anything they want. Able to stubbornly hold out and not offer features many user would enjoy, Apple takes pride in dictating to their customers. Operating nearly consequence free there's no telling what they will be doing in the months ahead.
Then why havn't you bought an Android and left MacRumors?

Night Spring
Jun 14, 2013, 03:01 AM
For me the new features/functionality improvements (that we didn't get from Jobs & Forstall) are most important.

See, I'm thinking that the new features and functions we got are exactly the kind of incremental improvements we've been getting in iOS from version 1 (when it was called iPhone OS) on. And I'm feeling resentful because I think if they hadn't wasted time and effort updating the look, they could have added a few more actual features and functions.

bbfc
Jun 14, 2013, 03:09 AM
iOS 7 is here to stay. Sure it will change as we progress through the beta process (Apple have actually said it will) but the fundamental design will remain as it is now.

I personally love it - it's fresh, current and the animations are relevant and fluid (most of the time). I can't wait for beta 2.

redbeard331
Jun 14, 2013, 03:11 AM
I can't believe people would want to go back to iOS 6 where there is no quick toggles for commonly used settings, worse multitasking, no airdrop, etc. The haters seem to be focusing exclusively on the look of the new UI. But since this was a major overhaul in like 6 months I suspect some of that will change/improve prior to iOS 7 shipping, and probably even after. For me the new features/functionality improvements (that we didn't get from Jobs & Forstall) are most important.

Cutting Apple some slack knowing this is beta one of basically a new OS redesigned in 6 months or so isn't having fanboy blinders on. Had Apple released iOS 7 looking very similar to iOS 6 I think the reaction would have been much worse. I don't think they could afford to wait until iOS 8 to roll out something new. Also I don't think enough people have used it for an extended period of time (if at all) to form a solid opinion of it. I see a lot of knee jerk reactions based on screen shots or very limited use of beta 1 software. Let's see what people's opinions are 2-3 months from now.

No no no! The new features like quick settings and air drop are much appreciated! It's just the look that I find troubling, and the look isn't elegant or classy as Apple design is known for.

And this whole "they only had 6 months or so to do this" makes little sense to me, some of the beautiful themes made for jailbroken iPhones, that have 10 times the detail, have been created in far less time, by one dude in his spare time. Surely Apple, could do better with their mammoth resources, no?

RAPTORSKI
Jun 14, 2013, 03:14 AM
With some minor changes, tweaks, and updates iOS 7 will be good to go. Cheers!

mirzank
Jun 14, 2013, 04:05 AM
New and pretty, yes. Clean, I don't think so. There's too much going on visually. Things feel busy -- my eyes don't know where to focus. All the thin lines on the new control icons, like the back and forward arrows, the box with the line through the middle that is the sharing icon, they are very distracting, and pull me away from the content I want to be looking at. It's like they made the icons very thin and light with thin lines and no shading, then used very bright colors to make sure they can be seen, but now the color is so bright you can't ignore them. Thicker lines with duller shades may look dowdy, but they don't encroach on your attention until you need them.

I didn't mean clean as in non-distracting or minimalist. I meant it as in neat. compare android 2.2 to 4. newer os's just look neater. everything is smoothed over. same with ios 2.0 to 4.0, or 3gs to 4. sharper images make things neater and more attractive.

thats what ios 7 does i think. You are looking at it maybe academically. or forcing yourself to consciously think of things that are distracting. thats not how the average consumer will look at it. an average consumer doesn't care if you call this industrial design, or if its designed by forstall or ive. they don't care if this is flat or not. they don't care if its messy design to have three overlapping layers. they just are attracted to certain qualities they can't describe. its the job of a good designer to know those qualities. do you think ive is at apple because he thinks purely in terms of design? no...he thinks about the monetary aspect of what will appeal to the human eye as well to sell devices.

and in that way, ios 7 is a home run. it will sell like hot cakes. iphone 5s will just be a rehashed iphone 5. but its the freshness of ios 7 that will sell it.

gadget123
Jun 14, 2013, 04:19 AM
iOS 7 is here to stay. Sure it will change as we progress through the beta process (Apple have actually said it will) but the fundamental design will remain as it is now.

I personally love it - it's fresh, current and the animations are relevant and fluid (most of the time). I can't wait for beta 2.

That's why I will be leaving IOS and not updating my existing products.

Night Spring
Jun 14, 2013, 04:19 AM
You are looking at it maybe academically. or forcing yourself to consciously think of things that are distracting. thats not how the average consumer will look at it. an average consumer doesn't care if you call this industrial design, or if its designed by forstall or ive.

I do tend to analyze things "academically," as you put it, but I'm not forcing myself to look for things that are distracting. I'm just using iOS 7 and finding myself feeling distracted, then trying to analyze why I feel distracted.

And I like Ive's hardware designs, and really wanted to like his attempt at GUI design. :(

I do agree that iOS 7 looks attractive, and it will sell. Whether people will like it once they use it, and come back for more and recommend it to their friends? Well, time will tell!

I'm still hoping that the problems I'm having will be cleared up during the beta process, or that I can get used to the changes -- it's not like Android or Windows offer any better alternatives, either!

syd430
Jun 14, 2013, 05:39 AM
I can't believe people would want to go back to iOS 6 where there is no quick toggles for commonly used settings, worse multitasking, no airdrop, etc.

Really a straw-man argument here. How many people are saying that just because they don't like iOS 7 they want to stay on 6 forever? I think what a lot of people are saying is that they wanted change and improvement, but they don't think iOS 7 has gone in the right direction.

mirzank
Jun 14, 2013, 05:40 AM
soss
I'm still hoping that the problems I'm having will be cleared up during the beta process, or that I can get used to the changes -- it's not like Android or Windows offer any better alternatives, either!

yeah thats the main thing...the alternatives.

I like wp8 the way it looks, but its just not a popular enough alternative. I need apps, OS support, etc.

I have an android 4.2.2 device as a travel phone, and its nice to messa round with when i get an itch to just use something else, but it offers nowhere close to the smooth unincumbered experience of iOS.

Also not OS related, but apples hardware support appeals to me too. I' travel a lot and can be anywhere in the world if i lose a phone, buy a new one, restore. boom. got everything back. or if something breaks down, take it to an apple store, instant fix or replacement. can't beat that.

boltjames
Jun 14, 2013, 06:22 AM

I have a great idea.

Lets all participate in a discussion forum and not create new posts and not express opinions.

BJ

gpsouza
Jun 14, 2013, 06:35 AM
Day 4 of usage:

I'm still thinking I'm trapped inside a Cydia Theme.

Gutwrench
Jun 14, 2013, 06:43 AM
the world will continuously change and hopefully, evolve.

some might join the ride, others will stay steadfast and be left behind.

The world is a big place. While as a whole it may evolve, some parts go in a direction that leads to obsolescence & stagnation as other parts flourish. The key is predicting the right course. Apple has been doing a good job so far. I hope their choice of direction proves to be correct.

Tankmaze
Jun 14, 2013, 07:19 AM
Read this :

http://daringfireball.net/linked/2013/06/12/chock

iOS 7 will get better, it wont stand still.

gadget123
Jun 14, 2013, 07:33 AM
Read this :

http://daringfireball.net/linked/2013/06/12/chock

iOS 7 will get better, it wont stand still.

I think it has to. But in the short term leaving seems the only choice for me.

Patriot24
Jun 14, 2013, 07:34 AM
As someone who is using the beta as my daily driver, reading the FUD in these threads about how "chaotic" and "confusing" the OS is is hilarious. Underneath it all, it is still iOS. There isn't a whole lot new or different to learn.

My guess is that the majority of complainers don't have hands-on experience and are going solely by screenshots and/or what they read on some blog.

The sky is not falling and Apple is not doomed.

gadget123
Jun 14, 2013, 07:36 AM
As someone who is using the beta as my daily driver, reading the FUD in these threads about how "chaotic" and "confusing" the OS is is hilarious. Underneath it all, it is still iOS. There isn't a whole lot new or different to learn.

My guess is that the majority of complainers don't have hands-on experience and are going solely by screenshots and/or what they read on some blog.

The sky is not falling and Apple is not doomed.

Windows 8 does the same underneath and it suffers the same problem.

People are not stupid. The change is a bad one many people agree like it or not.

The people who like it can't seem to understand some people hate the colouring, icons, Android screen ect..watch as my phone is going on ebay ! :p

Todd B.
Jun 14, 2013, 07:38 AM
Meanwhile, outside of the tech bubble, people are genuinely excited about iOS, judging from what I see on various social networks.

Tech blogs and tech people will never change; it's their job to overreact and create sensationalistic headlines - that's what they did with Maps and that's what they'll do with iOS7. It's just a sign of their increasing irrelevance.

Tiger8
Jun 14, 2013, 07:40 AM

iOS 6 sucked, it will be that one updated that Apple will want to forget about. Look how many 'quick fixes' were pushed afterwards.

I feel bad for the devices stuck on it.

gadget123
Jun 14, 2013, 07:40 AM
Meanwhile, outside of the tech bubble, people are genuinely excited about iOS, judging from what I see on various social networks.

Tech blogs and tech people will never change; it's their job to overreact and create sensationalistic headlines - that's what they did with Maps and that's what they'll do with iOS7. It's just a sign of their increasing irrelevance.

I've never even heard of anybody mention IOS in Facebook. As for Twitter there's a lot of people don't like it according to twitter trends

http://blogs.ft.com/tech-blog/2013/06/ios7-backlash/?Authorised=false

----------

iOS 6 sucked, it will be that one updated that Apple will want to forget about. Look how many 'quick fixes' were pushed afterwards.

I feel bad for the devices stuck on it.

IOS 6 sucked? That's funny as many here are already downgrading back.

Patriot24
Jun 14, 2013, 07:45 AM
Windows 8 does the same underneath and it suffers the same problem.

People are not stupid. The change is a bad one many people agree like it or not.

The people who like it can't seem to understand some people hate the colouring, icons, Android screen ect..watch as my phone is going on ebay ! :p

So Windows products suffer the same issues and you don't like Android, but you're going to sell your iPhone?

Good luck on BB10. *laughing hysterically*

:D

gadget123
Jun 14, 2013, 07:52 AM
So Windows products suffer the same issues and you don't like Android, but you're going to sell your iPhone?

Good luck on BB10. *laughing hysterically*

:D

I was meaning the desktop windows 8.

Laugh all you want but the colour scheme and keyboard are much more professional on the BB Z10 and it's not the highest spec but it's a quality phone.

I quite liked the phone prior to IOS7 anyway. If I was considering a second choice it would be the Android Sony Xperia.

munakib
Jun 14, 2013, 08:14 AM
So I decided to try iOS7 on my iPhone 4s - upgrading from my jb 5.1. I knew there was no way for me to go back so had to live with iOS7 but that captivating intro video got me too darn excited. After I got into iOS7, it felt like a downer because most of tweaks were already there with my 5.1 jb (Font/Easy Switching). The look felt even more childish after the install, so I desperately downgraded to 6.1.3.

At the end, I had to move back upto 7 from 6.1 because apple did incorporate tweaks which were essential and I needed to live with the childish look in order to have those advantages I had with JB. I think regular people (who never jb'ed) are going to LOVE IT! Women WOULD love IT because of the feminine colors across the system.

Designers/JB's/People like me, will just have to live with it - until MuscleNerd and Gang break this joint down.

decafjava
Jun 14, 2013, 08:29 AM
I'm afraid the Apple of recent times is changing it seems.

Because they were supposed to stay the same forever? Because we would have had maybe 10x as much whining if there had not been significant changes to the look/feel/functions of ios 7?

Sorry your "metric" is as unscientific as mine that the iPhone is still very popular among my friends and acquaintances. However, everything I've read in terms of actual studies say the majority of iPhone users will get another one.

Apple's dumb

Thank you, for helping illustrate the difference between useful and thoughtful criticism like the two posters above and a puerile commenter like yourself. :rolleyes:(Damn been wanting to use that word for a long time!! You probably won't understand given you likely were the one who upvoted your own comment.)

lamerica80
Jun 14, 2013, 09:04 AM

Dude, they could throw their own feesees at the audience from the stage and still get a standing O with mouths open.

sracer
Jun 14, 2013, 09:07 AM
I bolded the feature that has the potential for being the worst part of iOS7. Of all of the design features of iOS, perhaps it's intelligent (some would say, "limited") multitasking was a significant element to excellent battery life and system performance.

Now Apple is introducing "true" multitasking and application autostarting in iOS7. Those are the 2 features that forced me off of Android and on to iOS. My Android devices (still have plenty of them) have a dozen or so apps that autostart that have no reason to. That results in a lag when starting the apps that I actually deliberately started.

The true multitasking of Android results in apps that, if only are ever-so-slightly unoptimized have a cumulative negative effect on battery life.

If iOS7 suffers the same fate, that will be one less reason to stick with it. Because if I'm going to deal with poor battery life and performance, then I want to deal with it on an open platform.

From a visual perspective, I think the look of the iOS7 beta 1 is a twisted psychological experiment (or maybe expectation management) by Apple. Something along the lines of:

Gearheads: We want iOS to look different!
Apple: Really? How about "this".... (iOS7 beta 1)
Gearheads: Argh!!!! My eyes!!!
Apple: Here's iOS7 GM (looking like iOS6 with solid colors vs. textures)
Gearheads: Yes!

rtomyj
Jun 14, 2013, 09:09 AM
I don't think you've used Android. Yes iOS 7 takes design cues from Android, but it also takes some from all mobile operating systems. I loved the look and feel of iOS 6 and still love 7. There is still the sense of attention to detail that I love from Apple (in Beta 1 mind you). Comparing it side to side with Android you can see it is flat and white but the similarities pretty much stop there.

phpmaven
Jun 14, 2013, 09:14 AM

Let me just respond to the threee sentances in the title of this thread:

No they didn't
No they didn't
No they didn't

And let me add that this is complete nonsense. :rolleyes:
Unfortunately, these forums have really gone down the drain in the last couple of years. It's a shame.

likemyorbs
Jun 14, 2013, 09:19 AM
I couldn't possibly disagree more. I love iOS 7.

cmChimera
Jun 14, 2013, 09:22 AM
Can we stop having threads for every nonsensical rant complaining about the FIRST BETA of iOS 7?

Feed Me
Jun 14, 2013, 09:24 AM
In terms of design, the only thing that cries out to me in iOS 7 is the ghastly homescreen icons. These babies need serious work.

Everything else in the OS is fresh and good-looking. I hope we'll see lots of evolutionary changes and tweaking in the UI as the betas progress, but I think that the overall idea is just great.

----------

Can we stop having threads for every nonsensical rant complaining about the FIRST BETA of iOS 7?

This isn't another thread about "HEY GUYZ I MADE SAFARI CRASH I BETTER MAKE A THREAD", it's discussing the new UI, which is easily seen on http://www.apple.com/ios/ios7/, and not unique to Beta 1 in any way.

nerdfighter
Jun 14, 2013, 09:25 AM
I also love iOS 7. I'm using it as a daily driver. Definitely will recommend families and friends to upgrade in September. :)

cmChimera
Jun 14, 2013, 10:17 AM
This isn't another thread about "HEY GUYZ I MADE SAFARI CRASH I BETTER MAKE A THREAD", it's discussing the new UI, which is easily seen on http://www.apple.com/ios/ios7/, and not unique to Beta 1 in any way.

There are too many topics discussing how much the OP doesn't like the new Ui. We get it. We don't need a new topic for every little variant of that opinion.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1595478

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1594572

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1595862

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1596374

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1593705

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1595948

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1596041

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1593614

And I'm not even close to posting all of them. If you don't like the UI, then cool story. Don't make a thread about it. Go into one of the other threads and post your thoughts.

As for it being unique to the beta, there are reliable reports that there will eb design tweaks during the multiple month beta period.

joneun
Jun 15, 2013, 07:24 AM
And now they're trying to say that "it's a work in progress" it will look better~

Ever since the iPhone 5 design, I thought that Apple was just going off of the reports that blogs were making. Like if they report about an iWatch, Apple will make an iWatch. Just like the iPad mini.

Frankied22
Jun 15, 2013, 10:44 AM
Day 4 of usage:

I'm still thinking I'm trapped inside a Cydia Theme.

Lol

zbarvian
Jun 15, 2013, 10:46 AM
And now they're trying to say that "it's a work in progress" it will look better~

Ever since the iPhone 5 design, I thought that Apple was just going off of the reports that blogs were making. Like if they report about an iWatch, Apple will make an iWatch. Just like the iPad mini.

I think you've got your cause and effect mixed up there

kmj2318
Jun 15, 2013, 10:54 AM
iOS 7 is better than iOS 6 in every way.

nishishei
Jun 15, 2013, 11:05 AM
You are welcome to stay on iOS:6. But Apple needed to be bold and daring to keep iOS relevant with what the market is doing.

iOS 6 with a unified file system would have been bold and daring. Making some ugly icons as the centerpiece of iOS 7 that hundreds of amateurs could make better in less than 24 hrs is not a sign of a company with a market cap of $450 billion. It's actually kind of pathetic given their talent pool and cash. Investors aren't impressed either.

Rogifan
Jun 15, 2013, 11:12 AM
iOS 6 with a unified file system would have been bold and daring. Making some ugly icons as the centerpiece of iOS 7 that hundreds of amateurs could make better in less than 24 hrs is not a sign of a company with a market cap of $450 billion. It's actually kind of pathetic given their talent pool and cash. Investors aren't impressed either.

Investors don't give a **** about software. All they care about is when the next gadget is coming out. :rolleyes:

And if you think Apple could have released iOS 7 with the same UI as iOS 6 and not received any backlash I have no words for that.

joneun
Jun 15, 2013, 11:22 AM
Someone needs to give developers a heads up. Don't dev for iOS7.

Retired Cat
Jun 15, 2013, 11:23 AM
I own an iPhone 5, and am new to iOS and smart phones in general, so here is my perspective. I have owned my iPhone for about 1 month.

I like iOS 6. The icons and interface are generally bold, easy to recognize, and easy to use. For the most part it is functional and businesslike.

My only complaint about 6 is some of the textures like felt and leather. Glass and metal textures look like they belong on a digital device. The others not so much.

I am not a dev or early adopter, so my experience with iOS 7 is limited to the QT demos on Apple's website that I played through Safari on my iPhone.

7 looks fresh, but the icons and colors just do not stand out to me as well as they do in 6. In 6, everything just seems more clearly delineated on the home screen. The interface on 7 also doesn't seem to look quite as nice on my black/slate iPhone.

I can live with 7, but I prefer the boldness of 6, and I hope that Apple takes some steps to address concerns about the home screen.

BvizioN
Jun 15, 2013, 11:29 AM
I've never even heard of anybody mention IOS in Facebook. As for Twitter there's a lot of people don't like it according to twitter trends

http://blogs.ft.com/tech-blog/2013/06/ios7-backlash/?Authorised=false

----------

IOS 6 sucked? That's funny as many here are already downgrading back.

Most people downgrading from iOS 7 to 6 are due to beta isues (bugs etc) and not the UI. Actually most people have positively changed their mind once they have used. It's kind of silly to comment about it if you havn't used it for yourself.

And yes, iOS 6 was bad and now compare to iOS 7 is terrible!

joneun
Jun 15, 2013, 11:37 AM
I was excited by iOS6 and the iPhone 5 without having used it.

iOS 7 is as ugly as it looks.

sracer
Jun 15, 2013, 12:15 PM
iOS 7 is better than iOS 6 in every way.
Please! It's only a beta!

watchthisspace
Jun 15, 2013, 11:57 PM

And I'm sure Apple used a lot of money in R&D to see what the market trends were and it revealed it was time to freshen up the GUI of iOS. But lets wait and see what happens when the final of iOS:7 is released.

Wasn't there a lot of complaints when iOS:6 revealed Apple ditched Google Mas for an in-house solution? Yet at the WWDC, iOS:6 had the highest adoption rate? Hmm...

AppleBoyFreak
Jun 16, 2013, 12:16 AM

I actually don't mind that he/she is complaining simply because I enjoyed his/her writing style.

Heb 7:4
Jun 16, 2013, 12:19 AM
And I'm sure Apple used a lot of money in R&D to see what the market trends were and it revealed it was time to freshen up the GUI of iOS. But lets wait and see what happens when the final of iOS:7 is released.

Wasn't there a lot of complaints when iOS:6 revealed Apple ditched Google Mas for an in-house solution? Yet at the WWDC, iOS:6 had the highest adoption rate? Hmm...

Ios6 is awful, but it constantly had pop ups asking you to update.

Ios7 on the other hand looks very promising. I am happy :)