Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

berniemakaveli

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
Hey guys,

Quick question: My girlfriend just got an iPhone 4 and it came stock with iOS 6.1.3. Im trying to jailbreak it for her but Ive read that I'm pretty much SOL when it comes to jailbreaking or downloading (as I dont have the 6.1.2 SHSH blob) but I saw somewhere that there's a way to downgrade using an SHSH blob downloaded from the internet. Is this possible? I'd like to know before I go through the process of restoring, downgrading, jailbreaking, etc.. Thanks.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
SHSH blobs are device unique I believe. You can't "borrow" someone else's you find on the web. I'm fairly confident you're out of luck.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Hey guys,

Quick question: My girlfriend just got an iPhone 4 and it came stock with iOS 6.1.3. Im trying to jailbreak it for her but Ive read that I'm pretty much SOL when it comes to jailbreaking or downloading (as I dont have the 6.1.2 SHSH blob) but I saw somewhere that there's a way to downgrade using an SHSH blob downloaded from the internet. Is this possible? I'd like to know before I go through the process of restoring, downgrading, jailbreaking, etc.. Thanks.

You can still jailbreak an iPhone 4 on iOS 6.1.3; it'll be a tethered/semi-tethered jailbreak though

berniemakaveli

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
SHSH blobs are device unique I believe. You can't "borrow" someone else's you find on the web. I'm fairly confident you're out of luck.

Poopy. Thanks though.

You can still jailbreak an iPhone 4 on iOS 6.1.3; it'll be a tethered/semi-tethered jailbreak though

Yeah, I'd rather not have a tethered jailbreak for my girlfriend, she's not as savvy and patient with jailbreaking as I am. Thanks though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.