PDA

View Full Version : It's getting hot

myokicrystal
Jun 14, 2013, 02:01 AM
Does someone install OS 10.9 and Windows 8 with bootcamp?
I'd install OS 10.9 and when I returned to W8, It was getting really hot.
Can someone explain me why? It's really hot right now.
OS 10.8.4 + W8 is not that hot :(

richard6r
Jun 14, 2013, 03:28 AM
Maybe it's just what you were previously doing on the system, I have a bootcamp with windows 8 and I don't see anything different from how I use it. Being a power user my MBA gets really hot from playing games. Normal operation for me.

myokicrystal
Jun 14, 2013, 08:43 AM
Thanks. Maybe Bootcamp doesn't play well :)
In the morning, I put it in my knapsack and go to school, and when I opened it in the afternoon, It was very hot. I was really confused :D

btw: Do you know how to reduce Windows 8 application. It's quite hot after 2h using

Krazy Bill
Jun 14, 2013, 10:39 AM
Thanks. Maybe Bootcamp doesn't play well :) I don't know why it would be different as it has nothing to do with 10.9 (or OSX for that matter).

mmomega
Jun 14, 2013, 10:47 AM
I agree, I wouldn't understand why 10.9 would have any effect on Bootcamp.

Bootcamp is just a fancy word for a Windows partition, Bootcamp and OS X are independent of each other.
Like 2 families living in a duplex, my AC doesn't cool their part of the building and vice versa. A wall separates them, which is ,in a word, what a partition is.

Now a VM is another story.

richard6r
Jun 14, 2013, 05:19 PM
Thanks. Maybe Bootcamp doesn't play well :)
In the morning, I put it in my knapsack and go to school, and when I opened it in the afternoon, It was very hot. I was really confused :D

btw: Do you know how to reduce Windows 8 application. It's quite hot after 2h using

Actually this has happened to me before, I too have a cover for mine and when I opened it the system was still running even though the lid was closed! I had to manually shut it down. Did you mess with the battery power management? I had forgotten I set mine to never sleep in high performance mode.

:rolleyes: Go figure.

myokicrystal
Jun 15, 2013, 07:17 AM
Actually this has happened to me before, I too have a cover for mine and when I opened it the system was still running even though the lid was closed! I had to manually shut it down. Did you mess with the battery power management? I had forgotten I set mine to never sleep in high performance mode.

:rolleyes: Go figure.

I've change it to high performance. But I'm not sure if it works when in sleep