PDA

View Full Version : Flickr Login?

msmith2112
Jun 14, 2013, 07:56 AM
I recently signed up for Flickr using the Facebook sign-in method. On iOS 7 however, to use Flickr integration, it asks for a User Name and Password. Any ideas what that would be since I don't actually use a true User Name and Password to sign in to Flickr?

bgro
Jun 14, 2013, 07:59 AM
I recently signed up for Flickr using the Facebook sign-in method. On iOS 7 however, to use Flickr integration, it asks for a User Name and Password. Any ideas what that would be since I don't actually use a true User Name and Password to sign in to Flickr?

I wasn't able to sign in using the Google sign in method either. I created a test yahoo account and logged in using the newly created yahoo credentials and it worked.

So apparently either the OS does not support 3rd party logins for Flickr or it is a bug in the beta.

msmith2112
Jun 14, 2013, 08:11 AM
I wasn't able to sign in using the Google sign in method either. I created a test yahoo account and logged in using the newly created yahoo credentials and it worked.

So apparently either the OS does not support 3rd party logins for Flickr or it is a bug in the beta.

That's what I figured. I'm just surprised no one had mentioned it yet!

batting1000
Jun 14, 2013, 09:01 AM
Realized this too a few days ago. I wasn't sure if I was the only one lol

KentuckyHouse
Jun 14, 2013, 09:09 AM
Not sure if this helps, but I was able to sign into Flickr with my Google login just fine. Of course, that's what I use on the website on my PC. I don't have just a Flickr account login.

BleuPhoto
Sep 18, 2013, 03:03 PM
I'm having the same issues with the final release of iOS 7. Not sure what to use as login details since I created my account on Flickr using Facebook login.

Anyone figured this out yet?

xlost6
Sep 18, 2013, 05:12 PM
Does anyone have a solution for this?

blueeye
Jan 9, 2014, 08:47 AM
I am also having this problem. Have my Flickr account using Google SSO and nowhere is there a "google login" button... Very confused, has anyone found a solution?

----------

OK, found a way: just install the Flickr app and log in through that. Click "Log in with Yahoo" and it'll then give you an option to log in with Google/Facebook.

Counter intuitive but it works.

hafr
Jan 9, 2014, 09:44 AM
It's been an issue for months.

blueeye
Jan 10, 2014, 02:48 AM
Yeah this is irritating. Logging in on the Flickr app actually doesn't make me logged in in iOS Settings, so I take back my comment that "it works".