PDA

View Full Version : iCloud Keychain

utahman130
Jun 14, 2013, 11:13 AM
Interesting, iCloud keychain determines what passcodes are "weak" and makes you choose a different code.

maricc
Jun 14, 2013, 11:38 AM
Interesting, iCloud keychain determines what passcodes are "weak" and makes you choose a different code.

This is probably for the best. There is a password strength quality control via keychain on OSX

Oppressed
Jun 14, 2013, 11:41 AM
This actually turned me off because my four digit pin is rather unique and it won't let me use it.

utahman130
Jun 14, 2013, 01:35 PM
This actually turned me off because my four digit pin is rather unique and it won't let me use it.

Mine as well

cristian.rivera
Jun 14, 2013, 05:43 PM
I noticed that in the iCloud account settings there is an option to use a simple code but it has no effect.

ErikGrim
Jun 14, 2013, 05:57 PM
That is a bug. No matter what combination key code it will tell you it's weak. Set it up via iCloud panel in mavericks instead and it will let you choose whatever pin you want.

tygrubb
Jun 14, 2013, 06:13 PM
That is a bug. No matter what combination key code it will tell you it's weak. Set it up via iCloud panel in mavericks instead and it will let you choose whatever pin you want.

Whew, thanks for sharing that. I was going crazy because every number combo I tried it complained was too insecure. After a while I just gave up for fear of creating some PIN that I would forget and end up locking myself out of important aspects of my Apple ID.