PDA

View Full Version : New wallpaper size?

alphaod
Jun 14, 2013, 11:41 AM
I don't care much for the dynamic wallpaper, but as I usually use my own images I like them looking proper. The issue is of course with regular wallpaper it's now zoomed in slightly.

Does anyone know what the new wallpaper resolution is suppose to be because use to the shifting effect, the wallpaper will essentially need to be higher resolution than the screen itself to match pixel per pixel.

batting1000
Jun 14, 2013, 11:42 AM
I don't care much for the dynamic wallpaper, but as I usually use my own images I like them looking proper. The issue is of course with regular wallpaper it's now zoomed in slightly.

Does anyone know what the new wallpaper resolution is suppose to be because use to the shifting effect, the wallpaper will essentially need to be higher resolution than the screen itself to match pixel per pixel.

You can turn off the parallax effect in Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion

vcao
Jun 14, 2013, 11:58 AM
You can turn off the parallax effect in Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion

Disabling the Parallax doesn't disable the Wallpaper zooming, I believe.

michaelfields
Jun 14, 2013, 12:07 PM
Disabling the Parallax doesn't disable the Wallpaper zooming, I believe.

It doesn't. I've had to zoom mine out and even still they'll look right but once I set them and back out they're zoomed in.

I figured it's just because it's beta though.

SuperRob
Jun 14, 2013, 12:15 PM

Whatever size you want. When you tilt the phone, you will scroll all around the image. It's actually a pretty nice feature. Try using a panoramic photo. ;)

peterrr
Jun 15, 2013, 06:04 AM
Yeah disabling parallax doesn't help :/