PDA

View Full Version : No messages notifications on OS X Mavericks

jonomuller
Jun 14, 2013, 03:12 PM
I haven't been receiving message notifications on Mavericks for the past day or two, however they worked originally when I first downloaded the beta.

The account is enabled in Messages settings and banners are set in the Notifications settings pane in System Preferences. Messages will still be received and iMessage works fine the only problem seems to be the notifications.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Any help would be great, thanks.

liv2wrshp
Jun 15, 2013, 09:21 AM
I haven't been receiving message notifications on Mavericks for the past day or two, however they worked originally when I first downloaded the beta.

The account is enabled in Messages settings and banners are set in the Notifications settings pane in System Preferences. Messages will still be received and iMessage works fine the only problem seems to be the notifications.

Same here.

actisys
Jun 16, 2013, 03:54 AM

Go System Pref > Notification > Select Message > Choose Alert

My notification running smoothly with QR too..

Baklava
Jun 16, 2013, 04:32 AM
I get notifications for Messages, but can't send / receive messages from / to my mobile number on Mac.

actisys
Jun 16, 2013, 04:47 AM
I get notifications for Messages, but can't send / receive messages from / to my mobile number on Mac.

Maybe you can re-sign in your mobile then on your mac as well.. I have no problem on that.

Baklava
Jun 16, 2013, 04:56 AM
Maybe you can re-sign in your mobile then on your mac as well.. I have no problem on that.
My fault! I checked the iMessage settings on my iPhone. I was not using my Apple ID for it. Now it works. Thanks for the advise. :)

jonomuller
Jun 16, 2013, 07:40 AM
Go System Pref > Notification > Select Message > Choose Alert

My notification running smoothly with QR too..

I already checked and I have banners selected for the alert style. I also turned off and on alerts to see if that would help.

The notifications seem to be intermittent now, I do occasionally receive them.

RedRaven571
Jun 17, 2013, 11:07 AM
I do not seem to be getting any for Messages......

xaqt93
Oct 7, 2013, 12:17 AM
I already checked and I have banners selected for the alert style. I also turned off and on alerts to see if that would help.

The notifications seem to be intermittent now, I do occasionally receive them.

I'm not getting any message notifications either. I am running OSX Mavericks GM. Still not getting anything.

3lite
Oct 7, 2013, 12:24 AM
Beta blockers.

Jared-
Oct 7, 2013, 12:56 AM
I've got the same problem - upgraded from ML to Mavericks GM.

xaqt93
Oct 7, 2013, 01:15 AM
Beta blockers.

Beta Blockers?

xaqt93
Oct 7, 2013, 02:10 AM
Beta Blockers?

SO I went and restarted my MacBook Pro and my messages started giving me notifications again. This is going to really blow if we have to restart our Macs every few hours...

Jared-
Oct 8, 2013, 07:10 AM
^ same happened to me.

Wouldn't be surprised if in a future update release notes mention this.

Erphern
Oct 8, 2013, 08:09 AM
Same here. ML->GM upgrade.

jmh600cbr
Oct 9, 2013, 10:27 PM
same here, on gm not working. upseting

drew627
Oct 9, 2013, 10:35 PM
It's been intermittent since 10.8 for me. It's always been the thing that bugs me the most... It happens to both iMessages and Facebook Chat.

jmh600cbr
Oct 10, 2013, 12:00 PM
let's home public release solves this and it'll be an easy upgrade

ShamanRawb
Nov 4, 2013, 04:39 PM
Same here...

ElliottG
Nov 4, 2013, 05:22 PM
Yup...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=18284750#post18284750

NinjaHERO
Nov 8, 2013, 01:45 PM
Having the same problem. Just started when I got the latest Mav update. Hopefully they fix it soon. :-)