PDA

View Full Version : New 15" Lid Wobbles

SweetCakes
Nov 4, 2005, 09:51 PM
Normal?

Greenone
Nov 4, 2005, 10:47 PM
I may be misunderstanding you, but if you have the same problem I do, check out the thread I started about it a few days back:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=158046

HTH!

SweetCakes
Nov 5, 2005, 11:04 AM
Yes, that's exactly what has happened with mine. I'm sorry you had this expereince too. I see you've decided to keep it, although I'm still not sure what I'll do. Thanks for the link[s].

Greenone
Nov 5, 2005, 11:26 AM
No problemo! I've talked to SO many friends and strangers about it though and 90% or more of people seem to have this problem with anything larger than a 12" and many of the 12" ones have it too (PB's). I noticed that when I carried mine a certain way in my laptop bag (vertically/all the weight was falling on one of the short sides in particular), the gap narrowed on the problem side and opened up just slightly on the good side, but it was a good thing; it latches fine and now just looks more even and like everyone else's. The problem is I need to remember what side I carried it on, next time I carry it. I think I had the weight on the bad side, but made sure it was nice and tight as I placed it in the bag. I guess - in my long-winded way - what I'm trying to say is that the problem seems to have been "fixed" by doing this. These PB's are very flexible, it seems.

Good luck! If yours is doing it badly, I'd return it. If it's bouncing up only slighly when you press on it, and in looking at it at eye level you don't notice a huge gap, and if the other side starts opening up slightly over the next week or two and it becomes altogether more uniform - especially after carrying it aroun in a laptop a bit - I'd keep it. If it's a small gap, there's a good chance you're going to get a replacement that's worse. I know it's a tough call...

Sheesh - what a long response! :rolleyes:

SweetCakes
Nov 5, 2005, 11:51 PM
Wow Greenone I'm glad you found a way to fix yours!

Greenone
Nov 7, 2005, 12:01 AM
Ahhhh...I'm sitting on my couch with my laptop for the first time ever. Until ten minutes ago I didn't have wireless. The freedom is so incredible! I'm also watching "Close Encounters of the Third King" (one of my FAVORITE movies) and I can hardly believe I'm finally able to do this! This ROCKS! Also works up in my attic. Lova lova lova love it! Oops - I just sneezed on my nice new screen. Not good.