Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
florida
On iOS6 swiping left to right would bring a search bar that searched the whole phone and you can google search from there.

On iOS7 you have to slide down which is fine but I cannot seem to google search without going to safari first, is this an temp change such as taking out the post to fb and twitter buttons or what?

GrantMeThePower

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2011
I noticed the same. Hopefully they add it back in.

I would like for them to add a "search with google" feature like OSX when you highlight a word (where now it has copy and define).

doasis23

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2012
It's funny to see how people use their phones differently. Ive never used spotlight once and when I jailbreak my phones it's one of the first things I disable.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
It's funny to see how people use their phones differently. Ive never used spotlight once and when I jailbreak my phones it's one of the first things I disable.

I use it sometimes to search for a app that I have not frequently used it and it is somewhere buried in some folder. Or to quick look for a particular song I want to play. But never done a Google search from it.

lancastor

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2011
I also used spotlight very often to search in Wikipedia. It's currently also gone in the current beta 1. But I'm sure it's coming back in the final release.

Kryckter

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
I also used spotlight very often to search in Wikipedia. It's currently also gone in the current beta 1. But I'm sure it's coming back in the final release.

Agreed. I use it all the time for wikipedia and google.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.