PDA

View Full Version : How to get rid of top bookmark folders now that they are on side?

NJRonbo
Jun 16, 2013, 07:42 AM
The new Safari is great. Love it.

Much rather have the bookmark folders (with my bookmarks listed inside) across the side where they can easily be hidden rather than listed across the top of my browser.

Thing is, I can't figure out how to get rid of the bookmarks across the top.

I can do it with VIEW -> HIDE BOOKMARKS

But that also hides the little book icon that allows me to quickly access the bookmarks along the side.

Anyone offer a solution please?

slicecom
Jun 16, 2013, 08:19 AM
I don't really understand why you think having to click a button to pull out the side menu with your favourites is any easier than accessing them from the favourites bar directly, but I do have a solution for your problem: Go to View > Customize Toolbar and add a bookmarks button to your toolbar. The most efficient way would be to memorize the shortcut for the sidebar: Cmd + Shift + L

NJRonbo
Jun 16, 2013, 08:21 AM
Slicecom...

Not that it's easier...

I gain a smidgen of extra real-estate space on my browser by getting rid of the bookmarks bar across the top.

That's all I want to do.

I will try your solution and I thank you in advance.

ps3zocker
Jun 16, 2013, 08:21 AM
Just click View -> Customize toolbar (or something like that) in the menubar and drag the bookmarks icon to the toolbar. Now you can hide the bookmarks bar and still have a bookmarks button.

NJRonbo
Jun 16, 2013, 08:28 AM
That worked beautifully, guys...thanks.

Now...one more question...

Once the sidebar is opened using the bookmarks bar button...

How do you close it more easily without using the shortcut command?

I would have hoped there would be a simple close button to slide it back into place, or by simply clicking the bookmarks button a second time.

Appreciate the assistance.