Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

digitalove

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
I way do it too much, because after some time the same homescreen gets boring. So I always have to change it :p

Do you guys are also like me or keep for a long time the same homescreen?

doasis23

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2012
About once a month I get bored with mine. However Ive changed it about 30x's since ios7 has been released trying to find the right combination.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
I way do it too much, because after some time the same homescreen gets boring. So I always have to change it :p

Do you mean background image and/or icon placement?

For backgrounds, the frequency of changing it is related to how frequently I use my phone. There are times when I use it quite a bit during the day... then I'll change the background more frequently. But if there are quiet times of little use, the background stays a bit longer.

Same goes for ringtones. On those times when my phone blows up, I'll change the ringtone frequently simply because I get tired of hearing it.

As for icon placement, I almost never change that. I like to instinctively know where all the apps are relative to each other.

Prolly once a year...
What is "prolly"?

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Never.

I'm a totally boring person devoid of creativity.:eek:

Also, it really doesn't mean diddley to me...:p

Last edited:

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit

My home screen on the iPhone is plain black and the lock screen is some Apple logo in silver with colored paint splattered on it. It's been this way for better than a year.

CallOfDuty

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2012
I thought the only people who were concerned about how their homescreens were like are pubescent teenagers who like all the flashy cutesy animations on their home screen with swirling 3D icons whenever they swipe across home screens. Stereotypically these teenagers turn on the display on their phones every now and then just to swipe around their home screens and see their apps spin around in circles. Thats how 'fun' Android brings.
Thats why you see hormonal teenagers raging and trolling on tech forums about iOS and glorifying Android as though it was god send.

Being stereotypical and one sided now, I believe most adults rarely play with their home screens too much. I myself don't even have the patience to rearrange my apps into folders. And I don't play too much games nor do I have pages and pages of apps. Hence, there is no need for me to change my iOS home screen too much.

I occasionally change the wallpaper, alternating it between picture of my wife and I, or my kids.

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
Mine is stock and I have had the same wallpaper on there for a few years now. The only thing I change is moving the icons around a bit depending on what apps I use most at the moment.

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
I change my wallpaper home screen on my touch to match the seasons and events. I also choose high resolution images.

I also change the wallpaper on my W8 Dell Laptop every few weeks of different scenes always at high resolution.

MEJHarrison

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2009
Once. When I got my new phone, I found a lock screen / homescreen combination I liked. Then I tweaked the colors for my tastes. And it's been there every since. Did the same thing with my old phone too.

I think it's Apple's linen pattern, but I changed it to a deep blue. The lockscreen is the same with an Apple logo in the middle.

I find picture backgrounds too distracting. I'm not turning on my phone to look at my wallpaper, so my goal is easy readability. I now have that. If I want to see a photo, I'll look at my photos.

I do that same with Windows. Been using the same desktop image for years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.