PDA

View Full Version : Updates to Mavericks?

Gregintosh
Jun 16, 2013, 09:11 AM
Hey,

I was just wondering do beta updates come in over the air like through software update or do you have to do a manual install using a new image file every time?

adcx64
Jun 16, 2013, 09:22 AM
Updates will not come over the App Store, you will need an image.

Edit: Im wrong!

coords
Jun 16, 2013, 09:25 AM

Seems to me that we will be getting the updates via the app store, don't you think?

adcx64
Jun 16, 2013, 09:27 AM

Seems to me that we will be getting the updates via the app store, don't you think?

Interesting. You learn something new every day:o

NJRonbo
Jun 16, 2013, 09:34 AM
That is odd, and I don't blame adcx64 for his initial answer.

This is the first time, ever, that updated to Developer Previews are *presumably* being seeded through the app store.

adcx64
Jun 16, 2013, 09:40 AM
That is odd, and I don't blame adcx64 for his initial answer.

This is the first time, ever, that updated to Developer Previews are *presumably* being seeded through the app store.

Yeah that was very unexpected. Oddly enough, that option is not in my settings window?

talmy
Jun 16, 2013, 11:13 AM
Just saying, updates should be installed over Mountain Lion to catch new or eliminate old upgrade issues.

mmomega
Jun 16, 2013, 11:17 AM
It is odd, my install shows nothing about "your computer is set to receive Pre-Release update seeds"

Did that just show up automatically for you?

w0lf
Jun 16, 2013, 12:03 PM
It is odd, my install shows nothing about "your computer is set to receive Pre-Release update seeds"

Did that just show up automatically for you?

You have to install the developer seed configuration utility for that to show up. It was first released for Mountain Lion iirc, and when it is enabled you can receive a variety of beta updates via the App Store. It still does not give access to every beta, like for example the preview 1 of mavericks.