PDA

View Full Version : Faulty charger on PB 1.33?

jonat8
Nov 5, 2005, 01:35 PM
Hi,

I've been having problems with the charger on my PowerBook 1.33Ghz.

It's being very tempermental. I've spent all afternoon in frustration trying to get the computer to recognise the charger. Basically when I plug it in, it shows an orange light, sort of half way between the green and the deep orange it shows when it's charging.

But when it's at this status it doesn't seem to be powering the computer, the system shows it on battery power. If I remove the battery, the charger won't power the computer up. I got nothing in System Profiler under Power - no charger connected and I reset the power management unit to no avail.

But...

After a lot of fiddling with the cable and plug, I've finally got the computer to recognise it, and I unplugged and replugged it a few times as well as moved it around a bit and it still comes online. And the battery seems to be charging. But if I go into System Profiler now, the AC adaptor shows as Online but with Watts: 0.

Do you think this could be a faulty power adaptor? Or plug? I don't really know where to start looking. It's weird.

Any suggestions appreciated :) Or if anyone has had this problem before I would like to hear from you.

Thanks,
J.