PDA

View Full Version : Convert VBulletin Tags to Wiki

arn
Nov 5, 2005, 04:09 PM
I've added a small convert vBulletin post to MediaWiki link in the template. This appears as a very small "->" link on the bottom left of the post, near the Report Post icon.

It is a simple tool you can use to convert vbulletin markup to wiki markup. Mostly helpful for converting a post with lots of links.

MacRumors.com link (http://www.macrumors.com)
Bold
Italics

Try it out with this post.

<-------- look at the bottom of the username area.

arn

mad jew
Nov 5, 2005, 04:12 PM
Nice. :)

The dot was a bit small. Thanks for changing it.

DeSnousa
Nov 5, 2005, 04:17 PM
Yeah I noticed it just a while ago, cool feature. Thanks arn and your team, you are doing a great job on these forums, thanks again :)

HexMonkey
Nov 5, 2005, 04:28 PM
Thanks arn, that will be really useful.

A few possible improvements:

A link to a Mac Guides article could be converted to the appropriate syntax. Eg rather than changing a Mac Guides link to
[http://guides.macrumors.com/Article Article]
It could be changed to
[[Article]]
Could text wrapped in CODE tags have a space inserted at the start of each line so as to look more like the Wiki code boxes?
In forum posts, headings will usually be created by using larger text sizes and/or bold text. In Wiki code, they are created using some = characters on each side of the heading. Would it be possible to convert between the two? It could be difficult to implement since there's no standard as to what text size is what heading, so perhaps just treat any text larger than the standard size as a normal header (==), then let us edit from there.

arn
Nov 5, 2005, 04:42 PM
ITunes Music Store

testing

test

test

well... I fixed url thing. MacGuides urls will be linked as wiki links [[ link ]]. But the others can't be done easily at the moment.

arn

HexMonkey
Nov 5, 2005, 05:19 PM
well... I fixed url thing. MacGuides urls will be linked as wiki links [[ link ]]. But the others can't be done easily at the moment.

Thanks. There's no hurry for the others, just when/if you have time. :)