Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlindGoldfish

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2010
I moved from 10.6 to 10.8 with the recent purchase of a MacBook Air and Safari doesn't seem to be keeping track of my pages visited. The scenario is as follows:

-Open new window in Safari
-Using top search bar (mine is set to Google), search for weather
-Click on weather.com, page back. Click on accuweather, page back. Click on weather.gov, page back.
-Quit Safari
-Reopen Safari. Search again for weather.
-Notice not all links have switched from "blue" (unread) to "purple" (read).

Replicating this on my MBP with 10.6 all of the links I've clicked on are purple.

Apple Support has no idea what is causing this. I created a guest account on the Air and was able to recreate it.

Any ideas?

DianeK

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2013
Not happening to me (and believe me I have a big long list of all the other things causing me headaches in ML). I closed out Safari, re-opened Safari and re-did the search and previously visited pages were still purple.
Could you have turned on some setting that clears out your history and cache every time you exit Safari?
Diane

BlindGoldfish

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2010
I did a fresh install of ML and didn't change any settings on Safari and experienced the same issue. Apple Support still claims it is on Google's end. Ugh.

BlindGoldfish

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2010
To give everyone an update, I spoke with a senior Apple adviser today and he watched me recreate the issue on my screen. We weren't able to resolve it, so I logged the system stuff and he is sending it on to the programmers for examination.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.