PDA

View Full Version : iMessage/Facebook

Michael Goff
Jun 17, 2013, 01:49 PM
I was wondering... why isn't the iMessage integration part of the Facebook integration that was there before? Or more accurately, why isn't it there now? It isn't exactly the most difficult thing to add in thought Jabber, but it isn't exactly convenient.

Or do you think it's coming "in the future" when it comes to builds of Mavericks?

vmachiel
Jun 18, 2013, 06:07 AM
Apple seems to back off a bit from Facebook. For example, there are shared twitter links in the safari sidebar, but nothing from facebook. The facebook button in notification center has been replaced with messages.

Maybe Apple doesn't "like" facebook that much anymore, or maybe they think the world will start to move away from facebook as some people have already done.

Just some thoughts, but I wouldn't count on that feature being added.

Michael Goff
Jun 18, 2013, 10:04 AM
Apple seems to back off a bit from Facebook. For example, there are shared twitter links in the safari sidebar, but nothing from facebook. The facebook button in notification center has been replaced with messages.

Maybe Apple doesn't "like" facebook that much anymore, or maybe they think the world will start to move away from facebook as some people have already done.

Just some thoughts, but I wouldn't count on that feature being added.

Replaced? I have both messages and Facebook in my notification center.

vmachiel
Jun 18, 2013, 02:51 PM
Replaced? I have both messages and Facebook in my notification center.

Hmm I saw someone using the beta and he had twitter and messages. Do you have twitter signed in?

Michael Goff
Jun 18, 2013, 03:04 PM
Hmm I saw someone using the beta and he had twitter and messages. Do you have twitter signed in?

Oh yes, I have that too.

I was simply pointing out that it hasn't been replaced. I have all three.

vmachiel
Jun 18, 2013, 03:55 PM
Aah ok cool :)