Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Krayzie116

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
Hi I was planing on taking my iPhone 5 with iOS 7 to Brazil and my iPhone 4 just in case Google Hangout don't work. I talk to my fiancee with Google Hangout and she from Brazil. So the only time I will be talking to her is when I'm at the airport. I was going to use the personal hotspot on my iPhone 5 with iOS 7 if Google Hangout don't work and use the iPhone 4.

I know probably say don't use it on your main phone but I want to try the future as iPhone 4 can't do. Yes I am a developer, just wondering what would you guys do and think if it a good idea doing this?

Thanks

patt2k

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2012
download 6.1.4 IPSW and in iTunes SHIFT+MOUSE I think it was when clicking on restore then you can choose IPSW. Verify with other people first before doing it.

mrgraff

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque
I restored my 4S back to 6.1.3 - worked just fine. Reset to factory settings though, but I did make a backup before trying out 7. All is well.

Krayzie116

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
I was going do it but might just put it on my iPhone 4 and wait when I get back home put it on my iPhone 5. I might screw up my iPhone 5 trying to downgrade it. I need Google Hangout to talk to my fiancee

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.