PDA

View Full Version : Slingbox player

jozeppy26
Jun 17, 2013, 09:32 PM
Alrighty so I have Dish network and Dishanywhere. I'm having issues with my sling box plugin refusing to accept my OS-browser combo. I've tried changing my user agent in safari but I get sent to the page below every time, despite install. Any ideas?

GIZBUG
Jul 9, 2013, 09:24 AM
Alrighty so I have Dish network and Dishanywhere. I'm having issues with my sling box plugin refusing to accept my OS-browser combo. I've tried changing my user agent in safari but I get sent to the page below every time, despite install. Any ideas?

Having same issues. No fix yet =(

jeigh
Jul 9, 2013, 04:37 PM
The SlingPlayer app within Facebook apparently doesn't check. That's what I've been using. Slightly cumbersome, but it works for now.

https://apps.facebook.com/slingplayer_/

DribbleCastle
Aug 7, 2013, 07:13 PM
Has anyone tested to see if this has changed with the latest betas? Like Beta 5. One of the bigger things holding me back from upgrading my MacBook Air. Let me know if you have a moment.

jeigh
Aug 7, 2013, 07:16 PM
No change yet. Slingbox has to allow 10.9 as a supported OS so there will be no change until they update it.

In addition to the Facebook workaround, you can also switch the user agent to a compatible version. In Safari, going to Develop and switching to Safari 6.1 works well.

DribbleCastle
Aug 7, 2013, 11:19 PM
Thanks for that info. Didn't know about the Safari workaround. Hmm, maybe ill give it a shot. Probably shouldn't but new stuff is always hard to resist for me.

brianjolson
Sep 15, 2013, 12:45 PM
Another solution for those still waiting; use the "old" desktop SlingPlayer app. I am running SlingPlayer 1.0.10.272 and having no issues.

DLary
Oct 11, 2013, 10:48 AM
When you are on the page that tells you that you:

"We're sorry, but your current web browser, operating system, or the combination of both is not currently supported by the SlingPlayer plug-in. Please click here for more information."

Select "Firefox 11.0 - Mac" for the user agent. The page will reload and the sling player plugin will start working.

Brian Y
Oct 11, 2013, 10:54 AM
I still use the App. I don't like it being embedded in the browser.