PDA

View Full Version : I can't figure out what this is...

evilinsanity
Nov 5, 2005, 09:45 PM
I am wondering if anyone knows what the device to the right in the screencap is. It's been bugging me for a while. It makes a weird scratching noise (like when you fast forward a cassette when it is playing) when you move your finger across it.

Thanks. :)

iMeowbot
Nov 5, 2005, 11:39 PM
It looks like one of those Korg pads.

Edit: Like this one (http://www.korg.com/gear/info.asp?A_PROD_NO=KP2).

WinterMute
Nov 6, 2005, 08:57 AM
iMeowbot nailed it, it's a Korg Chaospad, a DJ MIDI controller of sorts.

3rdpath
Nov 6, 2005, 10:15 AM
i've got one of the original Kaoss pads and it's pretty cool. It does quite a few effects including delays, reverbs, sampling and filtering....all mapped out over an X-Y grid thats controlled by touch. It really is a playable instrument unto itself.

I use it as both a turntable pre-amp and as an effect send on my mixer.

evilinsanity
Nov 6, 2005, 04:37 PM
Thanks a lot for the info. I'm thinking about getting one.

quigleybc
Nov 9, 2005, 05:57 PM
I am wondering if anyone knows what the device to the right in the screencap is. It's been bugging me for a while. It makes a weird scratching noise (like when you fast forward a cassette when it is playing) when you move your finger across it.

Thanks. :)

That is the infamous Chaos Pad from Korg..It's had a few different looks, and used to be available built in to a dj mixer from Newmark I think...I used to have one, and I left it out at a party, and someone friggin sat on it....done.:(

It's kind of gimicky to be honest..but, if you got loot $$ to burn, give it a go..it's fun to use for sure....