PDA

View Full Version : Texts are blurry in Preview.app

tannutuva
Jun 18, 2013, 12:30 PM
After installing Mavericks, I noticed that pdf texts are blurry in Preview. Anyone faced with the same behaviour?

Galaxas0
Jun 18, 2013, 01:20 PM
It's either the PDF itself, or you're not at exactly 100% zoom.

tannutuva
Jun 18, 2013, 01:37 PM
It's either the PDF itself, or you're not at exactly 100% zoom.

Unfortunately every pdf I tried has the problem. It also does not seem to be related with zoom levels. Interestingly the problem does not occur if a pdf is opened in safari.

Mr. Retrofire
Jun 18, 2013, 07:12 PM
Unfortunately every pdf I tried has the problem. It also does not seem to be related with zoom levels. Interestingly the problem does not occur if a pdf is opened in safari.
Please send your feedback to:
http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html

benwiggy
Jun 19, 2013, 03:31 PM
If you've obtained Mavericks through the usual channels -- Apple Developer or Apple Seed, then you should have methods of informing Apple about this.

brunoandlydia
Jul 10, 2013, 04:36 PM
same here. every PDF has blurred texts, but when in fullscreen mode, it is normal...

Humex
Jul 23, 2013, 02:57 AM
Not fixed on DP4.

leecbaker
Jul 23, 2013, 12:09 PM
Yep, definitely not fixed in DP4. It seems like if I zoom just right sometimes, part of the view is blurry, and other parts aren't.

paulgazz
Aug 7, 2013, 06:59 PM
Had this problem too. Just installed DP5 and the PDFs don't look blurry anymore. I compared to safari just to make sure, and preview.app looks the same.

antoniogra7
Aug 7, 2013, 08:06 PM
Had this problem too. Just installed DP5 and the PDFs don't look blurry anymore. I compared to safari just to make sure, and preview.app looks the same.

I confirm it. Now I can finally stop using the slow and clunky, although sharp and clear :D, Adobe Reader.

brunoandlydia
Aug 8, 2013, 02:52 AM
yes, it's fixed now

leecbaker
Aug 8, 2013, 11:11 AM
yes, it's fixed now

To me it looks like it is better, but only 90% fixed. There still some instances where the text is blurry, possibly if i zoom while the PDF is still rendering from the previous zoom operation.

In any case, it's definitely an improvement.