Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asantelli

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2005
Hey all - My hard drive on my computer is having some problems on of which is burning cds - so I eneded up getting a new computer - now I need to get my music on it - my old computer can hook up to the internet and move files to harddrives but it can't burn cds or dvds what do I do? (I cant slave my old compter to the new one)

drater

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
The bowels of CT
asantelli said:
Hey all - My hard drive on my computer is having some problems on of which is burning cds - so I eneded up getting a new computer - now I need to get my music on it - my old computer can hook up to the internet and move files to harddrives but it can't burn cds or dvds what do I do? (I cant slave my old compter to the new one)
Do you have a pc or a mac?

john159

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2005
what you do is make sure that you have a little more than half of your ipod empty.. if you have more than half used take stuff out of the library and put it somewhere else on your computer for the time being... then go into ipod options (only works if ipod is connected) and then clik enable disk use... then go to my computer and find your ipod.. enabling disk use make take aminute to set itself btw.. and then from the libary select the libary and transfer it to the disk in my compueter... then plug it into the new computer and take the mucis off it.. do it agian if you had to remove songs from your library becuase ipod was mor ethan half full. THisi inscruutction for windows... but it is generally the smae for mac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.