PDA

View Full Version : Safari massive CPU hog

sziehr
Jun 18, 2013, 06:15 PM
so while running safari it has a helper running called safari networking it using 99 to 100 cpu even when no browser window is open. I have reported this bug. But i was wondering if any one else has this issue or if i am alone.

mrapplegate
Jun 18, 2013, 06:23 PM
so while running safari it has a helper running called safari networking it using 99 to 100 cpu even when no browser window is open. I have reported this bug. But i was wondering if any one else has this issue or if i am alone.

Nope. Safari Networking on mine is 0.0% , obviously nothing near your 99%

sziehr
Jun 18, 2013, 08:24 PM
I made a fresh account it seems to be perfectly fine in the new account. This is tied to a faulty setting brought over with the upgrade instresting.

mrapplegate
Jun 18, 2013, 08:37 PM
I made a fresh account it seems to be perfectly fine in the new account. This is tied to a faulty setting brought over with the upgrade instresting.

Sounds like it. Glad it's working now.

bradhs
Jun 23, 2013, 11:18 AM
Which plist did you have to remove to get this to return to normal?

212rikanmofo
Jun 23, 2013, 09:47 PM
i'd like to know this also?

Mr. Retrofire
Jun 23, 2013, 09:57 PM
Which plist did you have to remove to get this to return to normal?
As he wrote, he created a new account, this includes a new
/Users/NewBoringUserName/Library/Preferences/
directory.

And Safari created obviously a new cache.

212rikanmofo
Jun 23, 2013, 10:10 PM
Okay so how would one clear out's Safari cache in 10.9?

Distearth
Jun 24, 2013, 11:17 AM
Mine went to 99 just yesterday and I've been running 10.9 since release. Any fix besides new account yet?

t-rexosaur
Oct 30, 2013, 03:38 AM
I tried deleting all my data from safari, but it didn't seem to fix it. I looked in the activity monitor to find out where the files the Safari Networking was hiding it's plists and I found them in:
/Users/t-rexosaur/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/fsCachedData/
I moved all the files to my desktop to be sure it was okay and It stopped the problem and now everything is back to normal. I deleted all the files since. Everything is working fine.

Sounds like a bad file stuck in your cached data. Hope this works for everyone else.

Wiltowonga
Nov 13, 2013, 09:41 PM
Thanks t-rexosaur

This problem 'chewed-up' 4GB of my small monthly broadband allowance before I tracked it down and cleared the caches.

A great help.

shashank85
Nov 15, 2013, 09:38 PM
Enable 'Develop' mode in Safari (Safari -> Preferences -> Advanced -> check 'Show Develop menu in menu bar')

Under 'Develop' menu option, click on 'Empty Caches'

Intelligent
Apr 5, 2014, 03:22 AM
I tried deleting all my data from safari, but it didn't seem to fix it. I looked in the activity monitor to find out where the files the Safari Networking was hiding it's plists and I found them in:
/Users/t-rexosaur/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/fsCachedData/
I moved all the files to my desktop to be sure it was okay and It stopped the problem and now everything is back to normal. I deleted all the files since. Everything is working fine.

Sounds like a bad file stuck in your cached data. Hope this works for everyone else.

This fixed it for me but do you know what gets deleted with this cache?

Intelligent
Apr 5, 2014, 05:00 AM
This fixed it for me but do you know what gets deleted with this cache?

It uses 100cpu again? :(