PDA

View Full Version : help with lost ipod music

jay1111
Nov 6, 2005, 09:35 AM
hi,
i have a 30g video ipod, i switched it on this morning all of the music and videos are gone! but my saved photos are still there.

when itunes is on, it tells me to restore the ipod to its factory settings, but when i "get info" on the ipod it shows that i have used up 10g of space, which must mean the music is still inside (only 350mb used on photos).

could anyone tell me how i can fix this problem without losing everything?

thanks for your help,

jason

kainjow
Nov 6, 2005, 10:20 AM
Connect it to your computer and see if iTunes shows the music on your iPod.

darwen
Nov 6, 2005, 04:38 PM
If you are on a Mac get a program called TinkerTool. It will allow you to show hidden files. Once you do that go onto the iPod and move your music off of it. I forget what folder it is in but if you search you will find it.

mad jew
Nov 6, 2005, 04:46 PM
My old ipod did that to me every now and then. I got everything back by resetting it, holding down the middle button and the top of the click wheel. :)

Good luck with it, hope this works.

asherman13
Nov 6, 2005, 05:16 PM
hi,
i have a 30g video ipod, i switched it on this morning all of the music and videos are gone! but my saved photos are still there.

when itunes is on, it tells me to restore the ipod to its factory settings, but when i "get info" on the ipod it shows that i have used up 10g of space, which must mean the music is still inside (only 350mb used on photos).

could anyone tell me how i can fix this problem without losing everything?

thanks for your help,

jason

well, theoretically everything should be backed up onto your mac (unless you manually manage so you don't have to backup videos, like i do), so why don't you just reformat and sync again?

wait a sec...that only applies if you put the photos onto your ipod via iphoto, otherwise, (like if you used the ipod camera connecter to upload the photos) you'll have to see the above posts ;)