go to this site

http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/guides.html#1000

and download dvd decrypter...

then scroll up on the page and download

DVD to iPod (or other Device)

insrcuctions are on the page just follow them... easy

dotdotdot
Nov 6, 2005, 10:51 AM
There are much easier ways on Windows, actually...

DVD Shrink can shrink a full DVD, with everything, from a 9 gig DVD to a 4.7 GIG ISO/IMG file...

DVD Decryptor (which you mentioned) can take parts of DVDs and shrink them to the DVD formats...

they are both discontinued, however.

Shrink to 5 can shrink a DVD, but a user must download the required DLL to enable CSS-decryption for DVDs.

Then, just put it into PSP Video 9 (for the PSP, but it will make files that work with the iPod 5G)

EDIT = Videora iPod Converter is, essentially, PSP Video 9... so either one will work. They even have the exact same layout, and may be by the same company...

EDIT 2 = The steps above are also quite simple, however, if a user wishes to have "more control" over it, they can follow my steps.

Konradx
Nov 6, 2005, 03:24 PM
dvd decrypter is perfect..you only need the movie not the menus and other stuff that you cant work on your ipod..and when you convert it to mp4 it turns into 700meg or smaller ready to play on your ipod..dont see a problem at all.

Sky Blue
Nov 6, 2005, 05:40 PM
WindowsRumors forum is very similar to macRumors i guess.

homerjward
Nov 6, 2005, 05:48 PM
WindowsRumors forum is very similar to macRumors i guess.
this is also the ipod forum ;)

balamw
Nov 6, 2005, 05:53 PM
There are much easier ways on Windows, actually...
Nero Recode for one seems to be friendlier than videora, still needs something else to remove CSS, like DVD Decrypter. Just check quicktime compatibility and stay within the MPEG-4 resolution/bitrate limits.

B

im_to_hyper
Nov 6, 2005, 08:23 PM
Hey, great advice!

Its good to see that you took the time to find that so that lazy people like me don't need to work too hard! :cool:

I have found though to not use 768kbs encoding as it seems to not transfer properly to the iPod.

Konradx
Nov 6, 2005, 08:58 PM
Nero Recode for one seems to be friendlier than videora, still needs something else to remove CSS, like DVD Decrypter. Just check quicktime compatibility and stay within the MPEG-4 resolution/bitrate limits.

B

Nero Recode is not free as far as i know. Videora is.