PDA

View Full Version : Shuffle wont connect to comp.

nightdweller25
Nov 6, 2005, 12:27 PM
I'm having some trouble with my iPod shuffle, my PowerBook won't recognize it anymore and whenever I try to press any button, the error message comes out (green and orange blinking). Anyone have any ideas how i can save my shuffle?

mad jew
Nov 6, 2005, 05:17 PM
Even though iTunes and Finder don't always recognise an iPod, sometime the iPod Software Updater does. If so, I'd try restoring it. Good luck. :)

Mitthrawnuruodo
Nov 6, 2005, 06:51 PM
Before you follow MJ's advice to restoring your shuffle, try resetting it (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300595). Now, if that fails restoring is the best option. :)

nightdweller25
Nov 6, 2005, 07:58 PM
Tried both, reset multiple times, and the iPod Updater won't recognize it either. But it does charge through the USB port though.

mad jew
Nov 6, 2005, 08:01 PM
Could you try it on a different computer? Or using a different port?

surferdamian200
Nov 6, 2005, 10:41 PM
Dude your not the only one out there.. my ipod 15g 3rd gen also is having an issue where it wont connect to my pc.. it simply sits ther charging through the firewire port but my windows wont see it.. and itunes and updaters dont work either..

it looks like your not the only one with problem.. shuffle and normal ipod.. interesting.. im thinking of checking with the guys at the apple store if my data cable is broken.. ill take it down someday and see what they can do...

by the way is it possible to buy warranties for your ipod? mine expired a few months ago...