Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexistkd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2013
Hi i would like to test the ios 7 beta, but im developer, if i upgrade to test ios 7, i could keep developing my apps without issues? using xcode 4.6.3 ? im using iphone 4 gsm factory unlocked

thank you very much.

alexistkd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2013
i can do it also :), but my big concern is: if with that xcode version i can keep the development of my apps that i originally made using the sdk ios 6, if i upgrade to beta i would not have any issues? i think i can downgrade it if i need true?

thank you very much.

alexistkd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2013
because somewhere i read if i want to keep doing app for ios 6 i need to have xcode 4.3x but i can have xcode 5 for testing i dont know if thats true

----------

in the ios dev center:

Xcode 5 Developer Preview cannot be used to submit apps to the iOS or Mac App Store. Continue to use the publicly released version of Xcode to compile and submit apps to the App Stores.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
in the ios dev center:

Xcode 5 Developer Preview cannot be used to submit apps to the iOS or Mac App Store. Continue to use the publicly released version of Xcode to compile and submit apps to the App Stores.

There's your answer. Just keep using the latest public Xcode release to submit / update your apps and use Xcode 5 to test with the beta.

alexistkd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2013
so if i install beta ios 7 i would not have any issues developing apps with xcode 4 and test them in the ios 7?

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
so if i install beta ios 7 i would not have any issues developing apps with xcode 4 and test them in the ios 7?

No, you should only put iOS 7 on a development device because there is no guarantee that it will work as expected.

alexistkd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2013
any ways i can downgrade to ios 6 true? because i saw this in dev center

Devices updated to iOS beta can not be restored to earlier versions of iOS. Registered development devices will be able to upgrade to future beta releases and the final iOS software.

so thats not true? i saw tutorials to downgrade without issues from ios 7 to ios 6

----------

so u dont recommend me to install ios 7 in this iphone 4, i could face issues testing my apps using xcode 4?

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
For example there are some apps that crash or do crazy things in iOS7 but work fine in iOS 6.

So it's not something I'd test my 4.6.3 code on.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
any ways i can downgrade to ios 6 true? because i saw this in dev center

Devices updated to iOS beta can not be restored to earlier versions of iOS. Registered development devices will be able to upgrade to future beta releases and the final iOS software.

You just have to download the latest iOS .ipsw then shift + restore to it in iTunes.

alexistkd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2013
so why apple always negative :( they say no u cant downgrade when u install ios 7, then some tutorial came out for downgrade without issues

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.