PDA

View Full Version : resurrect the shutdown dialog box?

Fimeg
Jun 19, 2013, 10:20 AM
Is it at all possible to bring back the shutdown dialog box?

I thought the command:
sudo pmset powerbutton 0
would do it, but it hasn't worked for me. Anyone else find a way to restore the preference?

Dalton63841
Jun 19, 2013, 10:25 AM
Is it at all possible to bring back the shutdown dialog box?

I thought the command:
sudo pmset powerbutton 0
would do it, but it hasn't worked for me. Anyone else find a way to restore the preference?

Just hold down the power button for 3 seconds.

Fimeg
Jun 19, 2013, 04:17 PM
I do know about that, however, that doesn't really answer the real issue, i.e., that I want the one tap dialog box. If there is no solution to bring back the older functionality then I'll settle for holding it down.

Modano
Jun 27, 2013, 08:46 PM
Bump. Anyone figure this out yet?

WiLLGT09
Oct 22, 2013, 10:16 PM
Glad I found this thread, I thought there was something wrong with my MBA after upgrading to Mavericks; like a setting for the power button got reset. I am with you, I wish there was a one-press option to bring up the dialog box. Anybody want to do some digging to see if there's a "defaults write" to change this behavior?

Modano
Oct 24, 2013, 10:43 PM
So, it turns out that there's an easy but annoyingly not obvious solution. If you quickly press the power button, your laptop sleeps. If you hold down the power button for about 1 second, it brings up the good old dialog box. It's actually a pretty good middle ground once you get used to it. Hope that helps.