PDA

View Full Version : Editing Video Tags

astrobot10
Nov 6, 2005, 01:30 PM
I recently imported a bunch of episodes of shows I taped on my PC (in MOV format), but I can't find a way to edit their season/episode number/show tags. I tried editing the iTunes Music Library.xml file, but it just reset itself after I reopened the program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

liketom
Nov 6, 2005, 01:34 PM
what do you mean like this ? or something else?

astrobot10
Nov 6, 2005, 01:38 PM
I mean so that in iTunes, the correct info shows up under the column headers. As of now, I can't change the Season, Episode Number, or Show tags.

liketom
Nov 6, 2005, 01:42 PM
I mean so that in iTunes, the correct info shows up under the column headers. As of now, I can't change the Season, Episode Number, or Show tags.
easy - get info does this

katie ta achoo
Nov 6, 2005, 01:43 PM

Click on one of the videos. Press command(Apple)+I

then, click on the "info" tab.

You should be able to edit it manually there.

**EDIT**
beaten! by one minute!
I type too slowly. :(

astrobot10
Nov 6, 2005, 01:53 PM
Thanks guys, but I'm not stupid! ;) What I mean is, I cannot edit those *specific* tags. They don't show up in Get Info, which is why I tried to edit it via the XML file.

killuminati
Nov 6, 2005, 02:02 PM
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but on the same topic I was wondering if there is a way to get video on this ipod to display like music.

What I mean by that is instead of just showing the name of the video, showing artist/series, then changing to season/album, and then showing the name. Is that possible?

nubrandon
Nov 8, 2005, 06:56 PM
Pretty sure Apple did this intentionally to attract more networks & discourage piracy/ file sharing. Someone has to come with a hack or 3rd party software soon cause Apple wont fix it untill they have more content or maybe not at all. Same thing with podcasts. Cant edit those either. Try finding a 3rd party software that embeds the tag then maybe itunes will recognize it.