PDA

View Full Version : Weather widget

cnguyen0320
Jun 19, 2013, 05:41 PM
Is the weather widget still in notification center? I really liked being able to pull down from anywhere to check the weather but I haven't seen it in any pictures or mentioned yet in any blog, etc. Any one running iOS 7 that can quickly check? Thanks.

mrapplegate
Jun 19, 2013, 05:44 PM
Is the weather widget still in notification center? I really liked being able to pull down from anywhere to check the weather but I haven't seen it in any pictures or mentioned yet in any blog, etc. Any one running iOS 7 that can quickly check? Thanks.

Nope, it's gone and is only a stand alone app now.

batting1000
Jun 19, 2013, 05:46 PM
Nope, it's gone and is only a stand alone app now.

Wrong. There's no visual widget, but there is text saying the weather conditions.

http://media.idownloadblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/location-today-screen-ios-7.jpg

mrapplegate
Jun 19, 2013, 06:12 PM
Wrong. There's no visual widget, but there is text saying the weather conditions.

Image (http://media.idownloadblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/location-today-screen-ios-7.jpg)

Yea, he was asking about the widget. I know there is a description of the weather.

C DM
Jun 19, 2013, 06:20 PM

Image (http://media.idownloadblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/location-today-screen-ios-7.jpg)Does that text or anything related to it in that Today section allow you to go to the Weather app directly?

rmeadejr
Jun 19, 2013, 06:22 PM
Does that text or anything related to it in that Today section allow you to go to the Weather app directly?

the text does...

C DM
Jun 19, 2013, 06:25 PM
the text does...Interesting. Strangely the calendar information on that screen doesn't seem to take you to the Calendar if you try, and neither does the stock information if you have stocks enabled there. Not sure about reminders (haven't tried them).

Interesting that the weather information would actually take you to the Weather app. I wonder if the traffic information would similarly take you to the Maps app perhaps then.

Odd about the inconsistency though...but then again, it's only the first beta, so who knows.

jouh
Jun 20, 2013, 01:07 AM
Interesting. Strangely the calendar information on that screen doesn't seem to take you to the Calendar if you try, and neither does the stock information if you have stocks enabled there. Not sure about reminders (haven't tried them).

Interesting that the weather information would actually take you to the Weather app. I wonder if the traffic information would similarly take you to the Maps app perhaps then.

Odd about the inconsistency though...but then again, it's only the first beta, so who knows.

The stock information takes you to the stocks app.

C DM
Jun 20, 2013, 02:21 PM
The stock information takes you to the stocks app.Weird, it didn't do it for me when I tried it yesterday, but worked just now.

Makes it even more strange that the calendar information in that Today tab there doesn't take you to the calendar.