PDA

View Full Version : Erase All Content and Settings

pugnut
Jun 19, 2013, 09:23 PM
Has anyone done this while on ios7? If so what was the result? What did it restore to?

Thanks

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 19, 2013, 09:25 PM
Has anyone done this ? If so what was the result? What did it restore to?

Thanks

It completely wipes your phone clean. When I did it, it restored to the latest version of iOS (speaking of iOS 6 when I had my 4s).

pugnut
Jun 19, 2013, 09:27 PM
It completely wipes your phone clean. When I did it, it restored to the latest version of iOS (speaking of iOS 6 when I had my 4s).

Thanks- assuming that you were on ios 7 then it reverted back to 6.1.3

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 19, 2013, 09:28 PM
Thanks- assuming that you were on ios 7 then it reverted back to 6.1.3

My previous comment was not in regards to iOS 7. I was referring to a time last year, when I wiped my 4s clean.

Edited to add: I am not aware of anyone using that method to downgrade from iOS 7. If that is what you are thinking about, proceed with caution.

pugnut
Jun 19, 2013, 09:30 PM
My previous comment was not in regards to iOS 7. I was referring to a time last year, when I wiped my 4s clean.

Edited to add: I am not aware of anyone using that method to downgrade from iOS 7. If that is what you are thinking about, proceed with caution.

Thanks- I updated the question to clarify that I was looking for results when on ios 7.

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 19, 2013, 09:32 PM
Thanks- I updated the question to clarify that I was looking for results when on ios 7.

Is your nicname in regards to Pug dogs? One of my favorite breeds.

batting1000
Jun 19, 2013, 09:42 PM
It just wipes the device clean just like a restore.

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 19, 2013, 09:46 PM
It just wipes the device clean just like a restore.

He is asking if anyone has used that method to downgrade from iOS 7. And if so, what were the results.

Sonnestah
Jun 19, 2013, 10:00 PM
Why would it cause a downgrade?:eek:

batting1000
Jun 19, 2013, 10:10 PM
He is asking if anyone has used that method to downgrade from iOS 7. And if so, what were the results.

It doesn't downgrade anything. It just wipes the phone.

YeahBuddy
Jun 19, 2013, 10:13 PM
I did a clean reinstall on iOS 7 today. When I went to restore to iOS 6, iTunes wouldn't let me because Find My iPhone was turned on. When I went to turn off Find My iPhone I had to enter in my Apple ID. This probably has to do with the new Activation Lock feature and I was happy to see it.

But other than that, restoring to iOS 6 and reinstalling iOS 7 was a snap.

Gjwilly
Jun 19, 2013, 10:54 PM
Has anyone done this while on ios7? If so what was the result? What did it restore to?

Thanks

It restores to iOS7.
It's just like a brand new phone where you have to activate and setup your iTunes account.
If your UDID is not registered for beta testing you won't get past the activation and you'll have to revert to iOS6 via DFU mode.