PDA

View Full Version : Parralax wallpapers

illyb2000
Jun 20, 2013, 09:11 AM
Apologies if this is a duplicate, but has anyone got this to work? On apple wallpapers or user pictures ? Thanks

mjpearce023
Jun 20, 2013, 09:14 AM
It's worked on every wallpaper I've tried on my iPhone 5 .

Holty123
Jun 20, 2013, 09:15 AM
Yes loads of users have?

skippymac
Jun 20, 2013, 09:16 AM
Apologies if this is a duplicate, but has anyone got this to work? On apple wallpapers or user pictures ? Thanks

What do you mean by that? I hadn't heard of it not working for anyone. It's not polished as on my iP5 you can see the edges of the background pic if you tilt it too much, but it works.

Zaid
Jun 20, 2013, 09:25 AM
What do you mean by that? I hadn't heard of it not working for anyone. It's not polished as on my iP5 you can see the edges of the background pic if you tilt it too much, but it works.

I think you need a wallpaper that's bigger than the res of the screen to avoid that.

illyb2000
Jun 20, 2013, 09:27 AM

I meant when I tilt the screen nothing happens: unless I'm missing something

Vertigo50
Jun 20, 2013, 10:18 AM
You probably chose your wallpaper in photos instead of in the Settings-Wallpaper section. Try it that way.

Otherwise, are you using an iPhone 4? Because it's not supported on that device, and maybe the 4S as well. I can't remember.

Gogurt48
Jun 20, 2013, 10:22 AM
I meant when I tilt the screen nothing happens: unless I'm missing something

Make sure it's not disabled. Go to Settings>General>Accessibility and make sure "Reduce Motion" is not checked.

I think parallax is going to be pretty neat when they get it working smoothly. Here in beta 1, though, on my iPhone 5 it stutters when the screen first loads. I found that annoying, so I turned it off for now.

illyb2000
Jun 20, 2013, 10:30 AM
Make sure it's not disabled. Go to Settings>General>Accessibility and make sure "Reduce Motion" is not checked.

I think parallax is going to be pretty neat when they get it working smoothly. Here in beta 1, though, on my iPhone 5 it stutters when the screen first loads. I found that annoying, so I turned it off for now.

That's it working now; I knew it was something I was missing; and it's an iPhone 5 I have :)

Many thanks

skippymac
Jun 21, 2013, 04:24 AM
I think you need a wallpaper that's bigger than the res of the screen to avoid that.

That was my thought, I hope apple provides some of the current wallpapers in parallax-res. I really like the grass one.

Krayzie116
Jun 21, 2013, 08:16 AM
does anybody know the size of the Parralax Wallpaper

JonHimself
Jun 21, 2013, 08:51 AM
I'm not sure how setting the wallpaper works in iOS 7, but I believe when you select a wallpaper you're able to zoom/re-size it. On standard-res wallpapers, could you not just zoom in slightly so that it has room to be moved around with the effect?

Michaelgtrusa
Jun 21, 2013, 09:32 AM
These are cool. http://www.cultofmac.com/232775/os-x-mavericks-ocean-wave-wallpaper-redesigned-for-the-iphone-image/

D4Fox
Jul 1, 2013, 10:08 AM

I have the same issue and have yet to see it working. I must confess that in beta 1 I often confused the "Reduce motion" option has being on (Dont ask :p) but in beta 2 I have toggled the parallax option and tried different wallpaper and still not working for me. I just gave up and came to the conclusion that that part of my phone is broken :(.

I have a CDMA iPhone 5.

If you guys got it to work on a similar phone and maybe give me a quick step on how to get it working would be greatly appreciated:)

locoboi187
Jul 1, 2013, 10:22 AM
I do not believe you get the parallax animation if you have an iPhone 4 but it works on my iPhone 5

D4Fox
Jul 1, 2013, 10:26 AM
I do not believe you get the parallax animation if you have an iPhone 4 but it works on my iPhone 5

I have an iphone 5. And just to be clear, when the parallax is on that means I am supposed to see the effect, right?

Armen
Jul 1, 2013, 12:12 PM
I have an iphone 5. And just to be clear, when the parallax is on that means I am supposed to see the effect, right?

It's a setting under accessibility labeled "Parallax". If it is turned on if you move your phone around the wallpaper tends to slightly shift.

D4Fox
Jul 1, 2013, 12:24 PM
It's a setting under accessibility labeled "Parallax". If it is turned on if you move your phone around the wallpaper tends to slightly shift.

Yeah I tried that and it didnt work. I also tried to apply the wallpaper from the settings instead of photo album. I tried going back to beta 1 but like I said I played with the Motion Reduce option and nothing worked. I tried large wallpapers by zooming in and nothing. Updated to beta 2 with a factory reset nada.

I really dont know what else to try. The safest way to test the parallax effect is in the safari tab. Even there the tabs are not tilting. Im current downloading a fresh iOS 7 beta 2 instead of updating from within the setting. Hopefully I will have some luck with that.

If that doesnt work either, im afraid im going to have to wait till the full release comes out to bring my iphone 5 to apple or hoping that beta 3 will fix it.

Armen
Jul 1, 2013, 12:34 PM
Yeah I tried that and it didnt work. I also tried to apply the wallpaper from the settings instead of photo album. I tried going back to beta 1 but like I said I played with the Motion Reduce option and nothing worked. I tried large wallpapers by zooming in and nothing. Updated to beta 2 with a factory reset nada.

I really dont know what else to try. The safest way to test the parallax effect is in the safari tab. Even there the tabs are not tilting. Im current downloading a fresh iOS 7 beta 2 instead of updating from within the setting. Hopefully I will have some luck with that.

If that doesnt work either, im afraid im going to have to wait till the full release comes out to bring my iphone 5 to apple or hoping that beta 3 will fix it.

It's very subtle. It doesn't pop out as 3D in your face just FYI.

D4Fox
Jul 1, 2013, 12:52 PM
It's very subtle. It doesn't pop out as 3D in your face just FYI.

I know. I just don't get that subtly at all. Ice seen videos where you can see the menu clock pass a certain part of the image on the lock screen. I have used that same wallpaper and I just don't get that effect at all.

----------

Ok i tried a new ios 7 beta 2 installer instead of updating from my phone and still doesnt work. Parallax is turned on. I think it's safe to assume at this point that the problem is with my phone :(

D4Fox
Jul 1, 2013, 01:55 PM
Im not sure if that is related but I figure maybe the compass functionality might have something to do with it. I checked the compass app and that's not working. I also downloaded the first 3 free compass app on the app store and they are not working either. Maybe the issue is with my phone after all. That also explain why the panorama wallpaper feature doesnt work on my iphone 5 either.

im going to try to go back to iOS 6. At least if it's not working there I can bring it to an apple store and have them look at it and possibly exchange it if that's not fixable.

Bobajobbob
Jul 1, 2013, 04:03 PM
Sounds like your gyroscope is borked.

D4Fox
Jul 1, 2013, 06:16 PM
Sounds like your gyroscope is borked.

Yeah it's a hardware issue. I just spent a few minutes with an Apple Rep and we troubleshooted all the way down to restoring the phone. I will get a replacement one tomorrow. Looks like im going to have to buy another dev registration for iOS 7 :)

Edit: at least now I know I wasnt going crazy