Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dk143

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Am trying to use the "remainder me when I get to work/home" feature, but it doesn't work.

Looking into it a bit more, I think it is because these locations are not set properly.

So whilst at home, I went into maps, and used the blue pin to set my current location as my home. However, when I go to my contact and select this location, it takes me to a different part of my road, ie further along the road, and NOT actually where I live, and where I previously set.

The same thing happens at my work location.

I guess this is why I'm not receiving the reminder, because I don't ever reach the point that Maps thinks is the location.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this please?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Manually add your home and work address to your contact record. By manually I mean type it in yourself. Don't rely on the map. works for me every time. If you set a reminder properly you should see a hollow arrow in your status bar (as opposed to the solid arrow).

dk143

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Manually add your home and work address to your contact record. By manually I mean type it in yourself. Don't rely on the map. works for me every time. If you set a reminder properly you should see a hollow arrow in your status bar (as opposed to the solid arrow).

I've tried that as well. It comes up with a different point on my road, slightly closer to where I actually am, but not close enough!

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
then that may be a limitation of the maps application, usually inaccuracies in location data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.