PDA

View Full Version : Control Centre and currently active music/audio app?

RoboCop001
Jun 20, 2013, 12:48 PM
In the old multitasking tray it would show the currently active music/audio app beside the play controls.

Since Control Centre doesn't show the app icon beside the play controls, how can you tell which app is currently playing music and quickly switch to it? Do you just have to find it in the multitasking screen?

TitsLegendary
Jun 20, 2013, 01:01 PM
If your phone is unlocked, tap on the text of what is playing and it will open up the player. I haven't tested that with any other players but it works with the ipod.

RoboCop001
Jun 20, 2013, 01:33 PM
If your phone is unlocked, tap on the text of what is playing and it will open up the player. I haven't tested that with any other players but it works with the ipod.

Ah I see. That's not bad then. Wonder if they'll add an icon in there.... probably not lol.

8a22a
Jun 23, 2013, 02:09 PM
Works with Spotify.

TitsLegendary
Jun 25, 2013, 10:04 AM
Ah I see. That's not bad then. Wonder if they'll add an icon in there.... probably not lol.

Unfortunately, in the beta 2, this "feature" doesn't seem to work. Not sure why they got rid of it.

RoboCop001
Jun 25, 2013, 10:14 AM
Unfortunately, in the beta 2, this "feature" doesn't seem to work. Not sure why they got rid of it.

That's weird. Hopefully it's just an oversight and it'll come back. Thanks for the update!

Armen
Jun 25, 2013, 10:16 AM
I love how the music controls stay on the lockscreen if something is playing. Nice tweak.

RoboCop001
Jun 25, 2013, 10:17 AM
I love how the music controls stay on the lockscreen if something is playing. Nice tweak.

Nice. Good to know. No more double-clicking to get them to appear!

C DM
Jun 25, 2013, 03:24 PM
I love how the music controls stay on the lockscreen if something is playing. Nice tweak.It could be nice when they work out some bugs with it (like missing clock in many cases, notification that would come in and become overlapped, and even accidental unlocks that are that much easier now with iOS 7 unfortunately).

bbfc
Jun 25, 2013, 03:29 PM

Still works for me. I hope they don't add the icon - it will ruin the minimalistic styling of the control center.