PDA

View Full Version : iOS ssh w/X11 app

Damers
Jun 20, 2013, 02:38 PM
I've done a quick search and have found that while SSH/terminal apps exists on iOS and haven't found any that support an X11 window. I use python a lot, usually on a desktop and I thought it would be helpful to be able to quickly SSH into my home machine to run code and view a plot (matplotlib) while out on my iPad. However the plots python produces use an X11 window display which causes an issue.

Has anyone experienced this issue or found a solution to this problem?

MisterMe
Jun 21, 2013, 09:07 AM
So you want an X Windows server for your iPad? If it is not available at the iTunes App Store, then where would you expect to find it?

Damers
Jun 21, 2013, 10:30 AM
Yes, true. I was just curious if there was another app with this functionality that I possibly missed or a workaround that others may have discovered.

MisterMe
Jun 21, 2013, 01:40 PM
Yes, true. I was just curious if there was another app with this functionality that I possibly missed or a workaround that others may have discovered.What is wrong with the available X11 servers?

Bear
Jun 21, 2013, 04:27 PM
A quick search of the App Store for X11 found iSSH (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/issh-ssh-vnc-console/id287765826?mt=8), which claims to include an X11 server. There might be others on the App Store as well.