PDA

View Full Version : Incoming call on Lock Screen

dvir971
Jun 20, 2013, 06:19 PM
Hey,
Can someone post a picture of an incoming call on the Lock Screen (I mean when the iPhone is locked and not in use, because I saw how it looks when the iPhone is in use).
I mean, I wonder how it looks since there is no "slide to unlock" bar. I hope it not looks like Android.

batting1000
Jun 20, 2013, 06:23 PM
It looks the same. There's a bar at the buttom which you slide to answer.

dvir971
Jun 20, 2013, 06:25 PM
Skippy!!!!!

batting1000
Jun 20, 2013, 06:26 PM
Skippy!!!!!

When they call while you're using the phone, there's a decline and answer button just like before.

dvir971
Jun 20, 2013, 06:42 PM
When they call while you're using the phone, there's a decline and answer button just like before.

"Skippy" was my call of enjoyment and joy

daviddth
Jun 20, 2013, 06:48 PM
"Skippy" was my call of enjoyment and joy

I just thought you were referencing a long gone Australian TV show from the 70's :)

On topic, has anyone else found the green slide to answer bar hard to read?

rmeadejr
Jun 20, 2013, 06:51 PM
I just thought you were referencing a long gone Australian TV show from the 70's :)

i agree, its very hard to see.

Jab00
Jun 21, 2013, 01:22 AM
Hey,
Can someone post a picture of an incoming call on the Lock Screen (I mean when the iPhone is locked and not in use, because I saw how it looks when the iPhone is in use).
I mean, I wonder how it looks since there is no "slide to unlock" bar. I hope it not looks like Android.

Well since everyone else seems to be giving unhelpful and smartass answers I figured I would post a picture for ya looks pretty much like you would expect it to base on the rest of the OS

dvir971
Jun 21, 2013, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the picture, that what I really wanted. Looks great!

mcoster
Jun 21, 2013, 06:05 AM

The decline button seems to be gone when receiving a call on locked iPhone? How to reject a call? 2x power/standby? Pretty annoying to let it ring until VM kicks in..

Rajani Isa
Jun 21, 2013, 06:27 AM
The decline button seems to be gone when receiving a call on locked iPhone? How to reject a call? 2x power/standby? Pretty annoying to let it ring until VM kicks in..

I'd guess that's it - 1x to silent the ring, 2x to send straight to voice.

snappyfool
Jun 21, 2013, 06:29 AM
Decline was never on lock screen, was it? Or did it appear when you raised the options.

FSMBP
Jun 21, 2013, 06:51 AM

Decline was never on lock screen, was it? Or did it appear when you raised the options.

Decline was never on the lockscreen. It's only when the iPhone is unlocked and you receive an incoming call.

mcoster
Jun 21, 2013, 08:37 AM
Decline was never on the lockscreen. It's only when the iPhone is unlocked and you receive an incoming call.

Oh right I thought is was!

Stuke00
Jun 21, 2013, 08:39 AM

Decline is on the lock screen if you slide the bar up in iOS 6

GoCubsGo
Jun 21, 2013, 08:46 AM
Decline is on the lock screen if you slide the bar up in iOS 6

Yup. I believe that is correct. I only did it once by mistake. The power button once to mute the ringer worked just fine for me.

I did notice how it was easier to accidentally answer a call while in my pocket now with iOS 7.

batting1000
Jun 21, 2013, 01:05 PM

Slide up the options from the right corner.

Night Spring
Jun 21, 2013, 01:10 PM

I kept tapping the big green bar, because I couldn't see the "slide" text at all. I finally figured it out after missing a few phone calls. :(

fivedots
Jun 21, 2013, 01:11 PM
I kept tapping the big green bar, because I couldn't see the "slide" text at all. I finally figured it out after missing a few phone calls. :(

Same. They need to overlay some landing strip type arrows over the buttons your are supposed to slide.

Jimrod
Jun 21, 2013, 01:18 PM
Same. They need to overlay some landing strip type arrows over the buttons your are supposed to slide.

Yup, same for the lock screen (and the up arrow for control centre right below where is says "Slide to unlock" causing confusion). I always slide right to left as I'm left handed when I try to open the phone... The new design is just being a little too minimalist and slick for its own good in some areas.

fivedots
Jun 21, 2013, 01:21 PM
Yup, same for the lock screen (and the up arrow for control centre right below where is says "Slide to unlock" causing confusion). I always slide right to left as I'm left handed when I try to open the phone... The new design is just being a little too minimalist and slick for its own good in some areas.
What I found amazing is that even after having an iPhone for 4+ years, I still attempted to slide up on the lockscreen to unlock because I saw the control center arrow. Almost everybody I've handed my phone to has done this as well, despite all having iPhones and iPads.

bbfc
Jun 21, 2013, 01:29 PM
What I found amazing is that even after having an iPhone for 4+ years, I still attempted to slide up on the lockscreen to unlock because I saw the control center arrow. Almost everybody I've handed my phone to has done this as well, despite all having iPhones and iPads.

For some reason I just presumed it was slide to unlock (the way it has always been) so thats what I did when I first installed iOS 7. They do need to make it clearer though - i'm sure it will change over the beta process.

----------

It is a Beta and Apple have stated that the UI will change throughout the process.

Night Spring
Jun 21, 2013, 01:40 PM

Not amazing at all. I installed iOS 7, saw the control center arrow beneath the "slide to unlock" text, and thought, "Oh, they must have changed the slide direction." I think that's a very natural thought to have, given the positioning of the arrow and text.

daviddth
Jun 21, 2013, 01:41 PM

Good to see I was not the only person who did it then :)

applefanDrew
Jun 21, 2013, 02:39 PM
Well since everyone else seems to be giving unhelpful and smartass answers I figured I would post a picture for ya looks pretty much like you would expect it to base on the rest of the OS

When you slide, does the label move (like the button on iOS 6? Seems it would be awkward if you slide over the green and it doesn't move and it just answers.

C DM
Jun 21, 2013, 04:19 PM
When you slide, does the label move (like the button on iOS 6? Seems it would be awkward if you slide over the green and it doesn't move and it just answers.The red "End" button (which applies to you being in an active call) starts moving over the green "Slide to Answer" button as you slide over it to answer.

nheilweil
Jun 22, 2013, 04:31 PM
Yup, same for the lock screen...I always slide right to left as I'm left handed when I try to open the phone.

I'm right-handed and despite years of practice having owned every model of iPhone, I still slide right to left! Drives me nuts that it's not just a tad clearer.