PDA

View Full Version : Downgrading

rmeadejr
Jun 20, 2013, 10:49 PM
Came across this on the Apple Developer Forums, I can't remember if it is true or not, but i thought i would share it.

Just be advised; historically, Beta 1 has usually been very simple to roll-back from. Usually begining with Beta 2, Apple begins making baseband level changes on the device, preventing downgrading.

aDRock1154
Jun 21, 2013, 06:15 AM
Came across this on the Apple Developer Forums, I can't remember if it is true or not, but i thought i would share it.

Just be advised; historically, Beta 1 has usually been very simple to roll-back from. Usually begining with Beta 2, Apple begins making baseband level changes on the device, preventing downgrading.

A DFU restore will let you downgrade to the latest firmware Apple is signing.

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 21, 2013, 07:31 AM
A DFU restore will let you downgrade to the latest firmware Apple is signing.

That may be, but several people have had trouble restoring in DFU mode.

Quercus Alba
Jun 21, 2013, 07:36 AM
That may be, but several people have had trouble restoring in DFU mode.

That may be, but 99% of the time people only have trouble with DFU restores because:

1) They're doing it wrong (and will respond 20 minutes later with "nvm guys I worked it out" :P)
2) Their home/lock buttons are broken

In my experience (hundreds of kids trying to fix glitchy jailbreaks) these are the only two reasons a DFU restore to currently-signed firmware won't work

aDRock1154
Jun 21, 2013, 07:39 AM
That may be, but 99% of the time people only have trouble with DFU restores because:

1) They're doing it wrong (and will respond 20 minutes later with "nvm guys I worked it out" :P)

In my experience (hundreds of kids trying to fix glitchy jailbreaks) these are the only two reasons a DFU restore to currently-signed firmware won't work

Agree with this 110%

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 21, 2013, 07:44 AM

As a whole, you are probably right.