PDA

View Full Version : Instagram 4 video... My daughters graduation

palmerized
Jun 21, 2013, 06:18 AM
So, my fault for using a beta in a real world environment. But, was at my daughter's graduation and used Instagram 4's video feature to capture her coming down the aisle. Made the video black and white, and then hit upload. It got stuck at processing and never uploaded. When I restarted the app, it was gone.

Video was working fine on my iPad running 6.1.3, so assuming it was an iOS 7 issue...

C64
Jun 21, 2013, 06:23 AM
So, my fault for using a beta in a real world environment. But, was at my daughter's graduation and used Instagram 4's video feature to capture her coming down the aisle. Made the video black and white, and then hit upload. It got stuck at processing and never uploaded. When I restarted the app, it was gone.

Video was working fine on my iPad running 6.1.3, so assuming it was an iOS 7 issue...
Many people are complaining about Instagram crashing while processing video on iOS 6 as well.

Congrats btw :)

Stalyn
Jun 21, 2013, 07:21 AM
I caught my daughter yesterday making silly faces, was about to post it on Instagram 4 and the same thing happen to me.

aDRock1154
Jun 21, 2013, 07:28 AM
I uploaded two videos yesterday no problem.

Although, I saw people were having issues on Twitter.

KentuckyHouse
Jun 21, 2013, 09:00 AM
OP, sorry to hear this. It's no consolation, but the same thing happened to me when I tried uploading my first video yesterday. It seemed to get stuck uploading and then never appeared and didn't save to my camera roll.

I know it's a new feature and there are probably bugs to be ironed out, but at the very least they could have it automatically save to your camera roll even if the upload fails. That way, you've still got it and could upload it later.

Kase17
Jun 21, 2013, 09:47 AM
Same thing just happened to me this morning SMH

palmerized
Jun 21, 2013, 10:07 AM
Agree. Would be nice if it was saved to your Camera Roll...

Parise
Jun 21, 2013, 10:47 AM
Instagram on iOS 7 as a whole is broken for me.

Half the pictures load with a grey square instead of image, and when scrolling it loads pictures from the wrong accounts.

fivedots
Jun 21, 2013, 10:48 AM
It would be nice if you could take the video with the camera app and then select it for upload after the fact. That would both prevent this and ensure you are left with a full resolution, non-cropped copy as well.

PNutts
Jun 21, 2013, 12:01 PM
Congratulations to your daughter. I base this on nothing but not wanting to lose a video. I'd grab something like iExplorer and poke around to see if the file is still in there somewhere (no JB required). Or do an iTunes backup and get one of the programs that pulls things out of an iTunes backup. Bleh and good luck!

HeyKatie
Jun 21, 2013, 03:37 PM
Ever since I updated the app yesterday it crashes whenever I try and take a picture or video. Hopefully when beta 2 is released it'll work again.

darkfiber
Jun 21, 2013, 09:59 PM
I am running 6.1.3 on my iPhone 4S and the new version of Instagram has crashed at least 3 or 4 times since I installed it, so it isn't just the iOS 7 beta.

YeahBuddy
Jun 21, 2013, 10:16 PM
Shoulda used Vine. ;)

Paddle1
Jun 21, 2013, 10:18 PM
Shoulda used Vine. ;)

vine is too short

YeahBuddy
Jun 21, 2013, 10:29 PM
vine is too short

Shoulda made two vines... :confused:

batman75
Jun 22, 2013, 12:21 AM

Instagram has always been buggy. I always take photos in the native iPhone camera and then pull it into Instagram for posting purposes. Shooting from instagram is risky.

I would never use an iPhone for photography for an important event like a graduation. My Sony RX100 would have that duty.

gomoq13
Jun 22, 2013, 12:30 AM
Instagram on iOS 7 as a whole is broken for me.

Half the pictures load with a grey square instead of image, and when scrolling it loads pictures from the wrong accounts.

I get this too.

ZacNicholson
Jun 22, 2013, 12:31 AM
That way, you've still got it and could upload it later.

Can you upload videos already made? Because I can't figure it out. I can only upload videos that I make on the spot.

tymaster50
Jun 22, 2013, 04:04 AM
Well, not to sound like a dick but that's what you get. You did 3 things wrong.
1) Using an iPhone to record a graduation
2) Using a BETA version of iOS to record a graduation
3) Using INSTAGRAM that just added a new feature to record it.

dhlizard
Jun 22, 2013, 04:48 AM
While thread starter is taking ownership of poor choice of using a beta, I always wonder why so many are compelled to rush to the "newest and greatest".

Having suffered the loss of irreplaceable video of a one-time highlight in thread starters life, perhaps an important life lesson here for those of you without patience.