PDA

View Full Version : Music player controls are too close together

Gogurt48
Jun 21, 2013, 09:50 AM
Comparing the music player in iOS 6 and iOS 7, the playback controls and the volume slider are much closer to each other in iOS 7. For me, this has been a problem. Several times I've meant to tap the button to advance to the next song, and instead I hit the volume slider and shot the volume to max. Has anyone else had this problem?

cmChimera
Jun 21, 2013, 10:11 AM
Comparing the music player in iOS 6 and iOS 7, the playback controls and the volume slider are much closer to each other in iOS 7. For me, this has been a problem. Several times I've meant to tap the button to advance to the next song, and instead I hit the volume slider and shot the volume to max. Has anyone else had this problem?

No. I haven't.

jonnyb098
Jun 21, 2013, 10:59 AM

Yeah I noticed this too. The song scrubber touch target is WAAAAAAY to small. Thats also a problem system wide I think.

Drunken Master
Jun 21, 2013, 11:38 AM
Yeah I noticed this too. The song scrubber touch target is WAAAAAAY to small. Thats also a problem system wide I think.

Who scrubs songs often anyway?

----------

Do you listen to a part of the song and think "Oh, I really want to hear that again, right now"?

Sirious
Jun 21, 2013, 11:38 AM

I do! For times when I want to hear my favourite part again :D

Skika
Jun 21, 2013, 11:41 AM

----------

Do you listen to a part of the song and think "Oh, I really want to hear that again, right now"?

Listen... Its not the time scrubber its the volume slider he is talking about.

Instead of playing the next song, he moves the volume slider higher.

Drunken Master
Jun 21, 2013, 07:19 PM
Listen... Its not the time scrubber its the volume slider he is talking about.

Instead of playing the next song, he moves the volume slider higher.

He said song scrubber, not volume scrubber.

Stop putting words in his mouth, he's a grown ass man!

Gogurt48
Jun 21, 2013, 07:29 PM
He said song scrubber, not volume scrubber.

Stop putting words in his mouth, he's a grown ass man!

Actually, I said "volume slider." The song scrubber is a comfortable distance above the playback controls. :)

Drunken Master
Jun 21, 2013, 09:09 PM
Actually, I said "volume slider." The song scrubber is a comfortable distance above the playback controls. :)

I know, I quoted Johnny Boy, not you my good man.

jonnyb098
Jun 22, 2013, 02:18 PM
I know, I quoted Johnny Boy, not you my good man.

Thank you. I dont scrub songs often but I still do sometimes. Compared to iOS 6 it was insanely difficult for me to scrub. And I dont have fat sausage fingers :p

Maybe he was getting touch targets confused with things cramped together.....

Will2145
Jun 22, 2013, 02:36 PM
Why won't my earphone controls work when I don't go into the music app .. It won't work if I play it through the control centre or press play on the control once

rovex
Jun 22, 2013, 02:37 PM
you should be able to access the music app from the lock screen when a song is playing. You can do it from control centre when unlocked but not when locked.....

nheilweil
Jun 22, 2013, 04:00 PM
Why won't my earphone controls work when I don't go into the music app .. It won't work if I play it through the control centre or press play on the control once

It's a well reported bug.

nheilweil
Jun 22, 2013, 04:09 PM

Layout is too cramped and terrible grey font for the artist (completely unreadable) and scrubber times. LOL and that scrubber bar is so damn thin that I don't think I even noticed it until this thread!

Night Spring
Jun 22, 2013, 04:47 PM
Layout is too cramped and terrible grey font for the artist (completely unreadable) and scrubber times. LOL and that scrubber bar is so damn thin that I don't think I even noticed it until this thread!

Urgh! At least make the position indicator dot a little bigger! I can hardly see it! :( :mad:

rman726
Jun 22, 2013, 05:01 PM
Does anyone else find it nearly impossible to select things like the letters to scroll to a particular artist? Or to click on the match download buttons with any type of consistency?

Night Spring
Jun 22, 2013, 05:04 PM
Does anyone else find it nearly impossible to select things like the letters to scroll to a particular artist? Or to click on the match download buttons with any type of consistency?

YES! The music app is so frustrating I haven't been back in it since the first day I installed the beta.

marioman38
Jun 23, 2013, 11:51 PM
Also can't shuffle shuffle a particular artist only. Its shuffle ONE album or nothing. So I have 18 A7x songs on my phone, It will shuffle only the 3 songs from Waking the Fallen, and stop! It needs to shuffle 1/18 not 1/3

And can't play all songs by an artist! If I have album A, and album B by Metallica, and 1 song from album a, and 5 from album B, tap song 1 on album A, It will only play that song, stopping without ever playing song1-5 on album B :(

shortcrust
Jun 23, 2013, 11:58 PM

----------

I do all the time. I listen to lots of lectures and talks so it's an essential feature for me.

xkmxkmxlmx
Jun 24, 2013, 12:10 AM
I do all the time. I listen to lots of lectures and talks so it's an essential feature for me.

Same here. Scrubber is important to me. Some people can't see outside of their own little worlds.

Bawstun
Jun 24, 2013, 01:52 AM
The new song scrubber is entirely useless. The indicator is just about the same size as the bar itself, and as such getting it right is almost impossible the first time. Or second. Or third. I actually just gave up with the music app altogether. It's really bad in this beta.

Drunken Master
Jun 24, 2013, 05:30 AM
Same here. Scrubber is important to me. Some people can't see outside of their own little worlds.

Either that or we didn't listen to lectures on our phones while in college.

dontpannic
Jun 24, 2013, 05:39 AM
Isn't that just an indicator rather than a scrubber on the lockscreen? To scrub you have to unlock the device and do it in the music app...?

Night Spring
Jun 24, 2013, 10:17 AM
Isn't that just an indicator rather than a scrubber on the lockscreen? To scrub you have to unlock the device and do it in the music app...?

Just confirmed that you can scrub from the lockscreen. Also, the scrub indicator in the music app is also tiny and difficult to grab.

WordMasterRice
Jun 24, 2013, 10:50 AM

Actually no, if you can't see why someone would do it then you can't see outside of your own little world.

darngooddesign
Jun 24, 2013, 12:00 PM
Also can't shuffle shuffle a particular artist only. Its shuffle ONE album or nothing. So I have 18 A7x songs on my phone, It will shuffle only the 3 songs from Waking the Fallen, and stop! It needs to shuffle 1/18 not 1/3

And can't play all songs by an artist! If I have album A, and album B by Metallica, and 1 song from album a, and 5 from album B, tap song 1 on album A, It will only play that song, stopping without ever playing song1-5 on album B :(

"Siri, please shuffle Juno Reactor."

xkmxkmxlmx
Jun 24, 2013, 12:40 PM

Just proving my point. Not everyone is *you*. If it doesn't affect you, move along. Obviously it applies to others.

rovex
Jun 24, 2013, 12:52 PM
It's bigger now on beta 2

Drunken Master
Jun 24, 2013, 11:20 PM
It's bigger now on beta 2

Those darn kids using their phones in class will be happy to hear that.

Night Spring
Jun 24, 2013, 11:37 PM
Those darn kids using their phones in class will be happy to hear that.

So will those of us with coordination problems and other mobility disabilities.

dontpannic
Jun 25, 2013, 03:55 AM
Just confirmed that you can scrub from the lockscreen. Also, the scrub indicator in the music app is also tiny and difficult to grab.

Beta 1 or Beta 2? I can now scrub in Beta 2 but not in Beta 1.

Night Spring
Jun 25, 2013, 09:03 AM
Beta 1 or Beta 2? I can now scrub in Beta 2 but not in Beta 1.

Beta 2 -- the exchange started from post #28.

dontpannic
Jun 25, 2013, 09:12 AM
No, no. In post #24 you confirmed that it was a scrubber rather than an indicator but the post was made at the same sort of time that Beta 2 was released.

I couldn't get the scrubber to work in Beta 1 and I can now in Beta 2, I was wondering whether you were able to scrub in Beta 1 or not.

Night Spring
Jun 25, 2013, 09:17 AM
No, no. In post #24 you confirmed that it was a scrubber rather than an indicator but the post was made at the same sort of time that Beta 2 was released.

I couldn't get the scrubber to work in Beta 1 and I can now in Beta 2, I was wondering whether you were able to scrub in Beta 1 or not.

Ah, ok. I was able to scrub (in beta1), after taking veeeery careful aim. ;)

dontpannic
Jun 25, 2013, 09:28 AM
Ah, ok. I was able to scrub (in beta1), after taking veeeery careful aim. ;)

Must have just been my fat fingers then! :D