PDA

View Full Version : Can't sync iTunes library to iPod...

slick316
Nov 6, 2005, 10:13 PM
I use my ipod exclusively in my car, I have a Clarion CD player with an iPod interface. I do this so I don't have to have my CD's in my car. I had about 3 new CD's that I ripped to my PB that I hadn't synced to the iPod. I plugged in the iPod, and it gave me an error message "Attempting to copy to the disk "My iPod" failed. The disk could not be read from or written to." It doesn't copy a single item to the iPod.
Thats not the best part, it wiped out all the songs on my iPod. So in short, no songs on iPod, and it won't update the songs to it. I suspect its the new firmware, but I can't find any older firmware, any help there?

Its a 4G iPod Color 20GB.

mad jew
Nov 6, 2005, 10:16 PM
Try restoring the iPod with the newest firmware again. Sometimes these things get corrupted.

Also, maybe try resetting it first by holding down the middle button and the top of the click wheel although this probably won't work. Still worth a try though. :)

slick316
Nov 6, 2005, 10:23 PM
GOT IT!

I hope this is not a problem with my PB, but I plugged it into the USB port on the OTHER side, and it worked just fine. Right side USB doesn't allow me to sync with iTunes, left side does, wtf?

mad jew
Nov 6, 2005, 10:25 PM
So did it re-sync the songs then or did it suddenly find them on the iPod again? :)

slick316
Nov 6, 2005, 10:40 PM
It re-synced them, they were gone off the iPod.

Wierd thing is, I have no problem using the right side USB with my 1GB Sandisk USB stick.

Oh well, as long as one of the USB ports works, I am happy :)