PDA

View Full Version : No cellular data toggle in control center?

Krissypantz2828
Jun 21, 2013, 04:07 PM
I like the iOS but why not have both wifi and data options to turn on and off?

Armen
Jun 21, 2013, 04:24 PM
I can understand WiFi toggling but who regularly toggles data on and off as a normal day to day operation?

the last time I toggled data off was when I traveled to another country so not to consume data at international rates.

Will2145
Jun 21, 2013, 04:35 PM
I can understand WiFi toggling but who regularly toggles data on and off as a normal day to day operation?

the last time I toggled data off was when I traveled to another country so not to consume data at international rates.

I'd have 3G toggle over Bluetooth or do not disturb because I have a schedule for that and id turn 3G off to save battery

Krissypantz2828
Jun 21, 2013, 04:46 PM
I'd have 3G toggle over Bluetooth or do not disturb because I have a schedule for that and id turn 3G off to save battery

Yah exactly well usually with no battery issues I would usually use data all the time but not so much now would like to turn it off sometimes

apollo1444
Jun 21, 2013, 05:47 PM

99% of the world doesn't have reliable LTE, must of us only have it on the streets not indoors, and having bad LTE bars force the phone to toggle between 3g and lte making it work harder to maintain LTE this causes the battery to be crap.

martinocando
Jun 21, 2013, 05:51 PM
Why not put all the options there, in a scrollable bar, with the current options displayed, and data, 3g and lte appearing if you swipe it? Or maybe selectable options in Control Center settings. They you can select the ones everyone uses most.

Armen
Jun 21, 2013, 06:23 PM
99% of the world doesn't have reliable LTE, must of us only have it on the streets not indoors, and having bad LTE bars force the phone to toggle between 3g and lte making it work harder to maintain LTE this causes the battery to be crap.

I guess it's hard to envision that when you are used to having decent coverage in the US but I do understand now.

----------

Why not put all the options there, in a scrollable bar, with the current options displayed, and data, 3g and lte appearing if you swipe it? Or maybe selectable options in Control Center settings. They you can select the ones everyone uses most.

It would be nice if Apple lets you choose your 5 toggles and the quick launch apps at the bottom.

Personally, I dont use the calculator or alarm frequent enough for it to be there.

Krissypantz2828
Jun 21, 2013, 09:21 PM
I guess it's hard to envision that when you are used to having decent coverage in the US but I do understand now.

----------

It would be nice if Apple lets you choose your 5 toggles and the quick launch apps at the bottom.

Personally, I dont use the calculator or alarm frequent enough for it to be there.

Apple let us choose? Hah that's funny but you are right! Sometimes it's nice to toggle between data and wifi