PDA

View Full Version : Does iOS7 still contact people when creating a meeting via Siri?

nickhutson
Jun 22, 2013, 05:57 AM
At the moment in iOS6, if I want to ask Siri to "schedule lunch with John", it'll ask me which John and then email the John I mention.

Is this present in iOS7? I hope not, as it's a bit annoying for it to just do it automatically.

nheilweil
Jun 22, 2013, 04:25 PM
Works the same way in iOS 7.

jmantn
Jun 23, 2013, 01:43 PM
How is that annoying?

When driving I want Siri to automate it all for me.

Zcott
Jun 23, 2013, 01:46 PM
Because if I agree to meet Jim and then tell Siri I have a meeting with Jim on Tuesday at 3pm, Jim already knows. He doesn't need an email reminding him.

Night Spring
Jun 23, 2013, 02:02 PM
Because if I agree to meet Jim and then tell Siri I have a meeting with Jim on Tuesday at 3pm, Jim already knows. He doesn't need an email reminding him.

Exactly. Emailing reminders should be an option. Like:

Me: Add meeting with Jim at 3pm Tues.
Siri: Added meeting with Jim to your calendar. Do you want me to email a reminder to Jim?
Me: No.
Siri: Okay, I will not send a reminder to Jim.

DDustiNN
Jun 23, 2013, 03:40 PM
Siri won't do anything except call people, at least for me.

Me: "Siri, remind me to do something later."
Siri: "Calling 927-8720..."
Me: "wtf, no!"

I'm filing it as a bug.

naasrd
Jun 23, 2013, 03:59 PM

I don't get any email options, Siri just created the lunch meeting, nothing else.

Zcott
Jun 23, 2013, 05:45 PM
I don't get any email options, Siri just created the lunch meeting, nothing else.

If I use full names it'll email the recipient. For example "create a new event in my calendar, lunch with Jim Smith next Friday at 2pm" will create an event in the calendar and have Jim Smith as an invitee.