Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickhutson

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
At the moment in iOS6, if I want to ask Siri to "schedule lunch with John", it'll ask me which John and then email the John I mention.

Is this present in iOS7? I hope not, as it's a bit annoying for it to just do it automatically.

Zcott

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2009
Belfast, Ireland
Because if I agree to meet Jim and then tell Siri I have a meeting with Jim on Tuesday at 3pm, Jim already knows. He doesn't need an email reminding him.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Because if I agree to meet Jim and then tell Siri I have a meeting with Jim on Tuesday at 3pm, Jim already knows. He doesn't need an email reminding him.

Exactly. Emailing reminders should be an option. Like:

Me: Add meeting with Jim at 3pm Tues.
Siri: Added meeting with Jim to your calendar. Do you want me to email a reminder to Jim?
Me: No.
Siri: Okay, I will not send a reminder to Jim.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
Siri won't do anything except call people, at least for me.

Me: "Siri, remind me to do something later."
Siri: "Calling 927-8720..."
Me: "wtf, no!"

I'm filing it as a bug.

Zcott

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2009
Belfast, Ireland
I don't get any email options, Siri just created the lunch meeting, nothing else.

If I use full names it'll email the recipient. For example "create a new event in my calendar, lunch with Jim Smith next Friday at 2pm" will create an event in the calendar and have Jim Smith as an invitee.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.