PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 6 and iOS 7

iOSOS
Jun 22, 2013, 09:27 AM
Every new phone comes with some exclusive software. I am betting we will see these for iPhone 6.

1. Mobile payments.
2. Keyboard improvements like Swype and intelligent word suggestions.

At the iPhone 6 launch event I believe we also will see more languages for Siri, more cities gets Flyover and web forms for business owners to add POI data to maps.

Sky Blue
Jun 22, 2013, 09:29 AM
iPhone 6 will likely run iOS 8.

iPhone 5 didn't come with any exclusive software features.

cobbyco
Jun 22, 2013, 09:36 AM

I think he is talking about the iPhone 5 successor coming this year, so it would be running iOS 7 at launch.

This is why generations should be used like with the iPad and iPod touch (3rd Gen, 4th Gen, 5th Gen etc.). Plus the iPhone 5 isn't the 5th iPhone, so the name doesn't make total sense. The iPhone 4 was called that because it was the 4th iPhone, not because it was the follow-up from the 3GS. Steve even said that in the keynote.

On topic, highly likely the 7th Gen (Latest) iPhone will have new software features that the iPhone 5 won't get. Whether they are exclusive due to hardware limitations or not is another matter.

Sky Blue
Jun 22, 2013, 10:59 AM
I think he is talking about the iPhone 5 successor coming this year, so it would be running iOS 7 at launch.

No, he's talking about iPhone 6. This year's iPhone is clearly 5S.

Kohkane
Jun 22, 2013, 11:28 AM

We haven't even gotten iOS8 or the iPhone 5S. O.o speculating a tad too early lol

ajvizzgamer101
Jun 22, 2013, 04:36 PM

iPhone 5 has Panorama, iPhone 4S does not.

Numbers are always new designs and "S" are typically new features that make the "old" design seem worth buying.

Risco
Jun 22, 2013, 04:54 PM

Numbers are always new designs and "S" are typically new features that make the "old" design seem worth buying.

Ding ding, we have a winner!

HeyKatie
Jun 22, 2013, 05:05 PM

The 4S does have Panorama.

iOSOS
Jun 22, 2013, 05:14 PM

I am talking about the next iPhone that will be released this fall.

pk7
Jun 22, 2013, 05:15 PM

As stated, the iPhone 4S does have panorama.

Apart from hardware exclusives (faster internals, LTE, larger display, etc.), the only software exclusive the iPhone 5 has over the 4S is being able to take stills while recording a video, and even then, there are apps that allow this to be done on the 4S.

That's all on iOS 6. iOS 7 will include AirDrop, which requires WiFi Direct hardware found only on the late 2012 devices.

I'm willing to bet that the next version, should it be a "5S," will have exclusives. 3GS had video recording & voice control, 4S had Siri, 5S will get something, too.

Kohkane
Jun 22, 2013, 05:47 PM
I am talking about the next iPhone that will be released this fall.

That's the 5S

ajvizzgamer101
Jun 22, 2013, 09:41 PM
The 4S does have Panorama.

It was a highlight iPhone 5 feature.

----------

As stated, the iPhone 4S does have panorama.

Apart from hardware exclusives (faster internals, LTE, larger display, etc.), the only software exclusive the iPhone 5 has over the 4S is being able to take stills while recording a video, and even then, there are apps that allow this to be done on the 4S.

That's all on iOS 6. iOS 7 will include AirDrop, which requires WiFi Direct hardware found only on the late 2012 devices.

I'm willing to bet that the next version, should it be a "5S," will have exclusives. 3GS had video recording & voice control, 4S had Siri, 5S will get something, too.

You can hack older macs to get AirDrop to work.

iOSOS
Jun 23, 2013, 12:59 PM
That's the 5S

You don't know that! ;)

Night Spring
Jun 23, 2013, 01:08 PM
You don't know that! ;)

Maybe not, but we don't know that it will be called the "iPhone 6 either.

How about just calling it "the next iPhone'?

Sirious
Jun 23, 2013, 02:02 PM

iPhone 5 can take photos during video. iPhone 4S and earlier can not.

samreddevilz
Jun 23, 2013, 02:07 PM
I am aware of the updates.... But still not updated my iPhone. Trying to manage some time for that...

chekz0414
Jun 23, 2013, 02:09 PM
The iPhone 5 had ONE exclusive feature, and that was taking pictures while recording video.