PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes Benz & iOS 7

Nipz
Jun 23, 2013, 07:33 AM
Hi all,

I am not able to pair my iPhone 5 running iOS 7 with my Merc. Anyone else having the same issue?

P.S. please restrain yourself from saying "its a beta"!

tardman91
Jun 23, 2013, 07:35 AM
Did it work before you had iOS 7? If so I'm sure it's a Bluetooth bug with iOS 7. It is a _____.

Nipz
Jun 23, 2013, 07:37 AM
Did it work before you had iOS 7? If so I'm sure it's a Bluetooth bug with iOS 7. It is a...

haha!

Yep all good before. My brother is running iOS 7 in his VW and working as normal for him.

gforce216
Jun 23, 2013, 07:40 AM
Not entirely the same but I had a problem with my Scion on a beta of iOS 5 or 6. I'm sure it is just a bug because it was sorted out by the end for me. Is it just not seeing the car's system on your phone? Other than clearing the Bluetooth memory of both devices and pairing again I can't think of anything.

Nipz
Jun 23, 2013, 07:42 AM
The car can see my iPhone but then fails to sync... :/ i cant find my car from my iPhone.

tardman91
Jun 23, 2013, 07:44 AM
It's all the little annoying stuff like this that's making me wait for a couple more beta releases before I have my friend add me to his developer account.

Nipz
Jun 23, 2013, 07:46 AM
It's all the little annoying stuff like this that's making me wait for a couple more beta releases before I have my friend add me to his developer account.

Other than that I haven't found anything that makes me wish I held off. Hopefully another beta out on Tuesday.

dspalton
Jun 23, 2013, 02:46 PM
Works with both mine n the mrs smart cars, 'technically' Mercs
:D

Dave

batman75
Jun 23, 2013, 03:14 PM
Bluetooth pairing is working perfectly between iOS 7 and my 2013 BMW. I have also successfully paired my iOS 7 phone with Infiniti, Nissan, Lexus, Buick and Cadillac cars which I rented at Hertz in the past couple of weeks (I travel a lot).

DustinT
Jun 23, 2013, 03:41 PM
It's working fine in my Honda and Mini Cooper... Also working great with Jawbone gear. Maybe just delete the BT profiles for the car from your phone. Then delete the phone profiles from your car... Re-sync and see if it all works then.

Swiss-G
Jun 23, 2013, 03:49 PM
Hi all,

I am not able to pair my iPhone 5 running iOS 7 with my Merc. Anyone else having the same issue?

I have a 4S running iOS 7 paired with my Merc without any problems.

YourHerojb
Jun 23, 2013, 09:17 PM
I have a 1993 Plymouth Sundance and I'm having trouble connecting with iOS 7's beta. Must be a bug, anybody else have the same issue?

xriderx11
Jun 23, 2013, 09:25 PM
Hi all,

Yes, I'm not able to use my bluetooth in my moms 2013 merc C350 . It will not come up as the listed bluetooth. I can play it with a AUX cord though but not USB (theres a USB plug in her glove department) But the USB didn't work with ios 6 either i think......

I have a 1993 Plymouth Sundance and I'm having trouble connecting with iOS 7's beta. Must be a bug, anybody else have the same issue? I have a sony car stereo receiver http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666467653 thats hooked up to my Plymouth Breeze (1998) and it runs fine on USB (the sony receiver has a usb port too!) and even AUX... How did you try to hook up a iphone with a 1993 plymouth anyways?... do you also have a receiver?

PNutts
Jun 23, 2013, 09:28 PM
Like with iOS 6, it's all about what the head unit is capable of. More specifically, how it complies with BT standards. With that said, I haven't tried to pair iOS 7 to my Honda.

chrf097
Jun 23, 2013, 09:36 PM
I just was able to successfully pair my iPhone 5 to my mom's 2011 GLK350.

What model do you have?

YourHerojb
Jun 23, 2013, 10:05 PM
How did you try to hook up a iphone with a 1993 plymouth anyways?... do you also have a receiver?

I do not have a receiver. I can't find the eyes-free Siri button on my steering wheel.

spencers
Jun 23, 2013, 11:28 PM
That sucks. Still works fine in my bimmer.

hampton.royce
Jun 24, 2013, 12:15 AM
Hi all,

I have a 2013 MB C250, and the bluetooth is working without any issue on iOS7.

Nipz
Jun 24, 2013, 02:27 AM
I just was able to successfully pair my iPhone 5 to my mom's 2011 GLK350.

What model do you have?

I have an 2013 SLK...

After about an hour of messing around this morning, i finally got it to work!! Didn't do anything differently just kept going lol

chrf097
Jun 24, 2013, 07:27 AM
I do not have a receiver. I can't find the eyes-free Siri button on my steering wheel.

...you have a 1993 Plymouth...
Not even 1993 Ferraris had Bluetooth bro. If you don't have a receiver how are you connecting your phone and if it's a 1993 car why are you expecting a siri-button???

GenesisST
Jun 24, 2013, 08:26 AM
Not even 1993 Ferraris had Bluetooth bro. If you don't have a receiver how are you connecting your phone and if it's a 1993 car why are you expecting a siri-button???

sar·chasm ('sär-"ka-z&m) : The giant gulf (chasm) between what is said and the person who doesn't get it.

----------

I have a 1993 Plymouth Sundance and I'm having trouble connecting with iOS 7's beta. Must be a bug, anybody else have the same issue?

Nose, meet coffee. Coffee, meet nose... :D

Parise
Jun 24, 2013, 08:27 AM
haha!

Yep all good before. My brother is running iOS 7 in his VW and working as normal for him.

Can vouch for this. 7 and VW works fine.

YourHerojb
Jun 24, 2013, 11:48 AM

I'm switching to android.

monkeybagel
Jun 24, 2013, 11:57 AM
Hi all,

It may help if you specify the year and model of the car you are referring to. There are several COMAND revisions and external/internal devices that Mercedes-Benz uses to connect the iPhone to the in-car telematics.

chrf097
Jun 24, 2013, 05:10 PM
sar·chasm ('sär-"ka-z&m) : The giant gulf (chasm) between what is said and the person who doesn't get it.

----------

Nose, meet coffee. Coffee, meet nose... :D

Because it's so easy to tell when sarcasm is being used online

drew0020
Jun 24, 2013, 08:17 PM
IOS7 works great on my 2013 335i.

Stencen
Jun 25, 2013, 10:45 AM
Hey it works fine for me man!

charlituna
Jun 25, 2013, 10:48 AM
Hi all,

Okay, won't say it.

But you know the issue.

----------

Because it's so easy to tell when sarcasm is being used online

On this board it is.

If its a reply there's a 99.99999% change that sarcasm is being used.

Baumer582
Jun 25, 2013, 11:12 AM
Bluetooth working fine on my 2012 Nissan Rogue.... I did have to re-pair the phone though since I technically was using a "new" phone in the car. Same thing with my headset. No problems with that either.

Granted, it's a beta, but the Bluetooth radio is a hardware thing, right? So Bluetooth pairing shouldn't be a problem, unless your iOS is hanging/freezing...

DJLC
Jun 25, 2013, 11:16 AM
Granted, it's a beta, but the Bluetooth radio is a hardware thing, right? So Bluetooth pairing shouldn't be a problem, unless your iOS is hanging/freezing...

Technically. But iOS has to have a driver and various utilities to see and make use of the Bluetooth hardware; there could be a bug in the beta.

tee-tz
Mar 19, 2014, 07:48 AM
Hi guys,

So my Bluetooth voice is working in my Merc, but not the SMS feature. I can't even select the "SMS" / "Text" option on the COMAND, it's disabled, any ideas?

Thanks.

edulinka
Mar 19, 2014, 07:51 AM
Hi guys,

So my Bluetooth voice is working in my Merc, but not the SMS feature. I can't even select the "SMS" / "Text" option on the COMAND, it's disabled, any ideas?

Thanks.

You will see it when you get SMS while you driving. Not old SMS only new one

AbSoluTc
Mar 19, 2014, 08:44 AM
S600 Guard here. No issues.

tee-tz
Mar 20, 2014, 02:38 AM
You will see it when you get SMS while you driving. Not old SMS only new one

So by default it is disabled? And when a new text comes in, it becomes active?

edulinka
Mar 26, 2014, 02:54 PM
So by default it is disabled? And when a new text comes in, it becomes active?

Yes Only new text while you driving will appear and you only can read them

suminub
Mar 26, 2014, 05:57 PM
works fine with iOS7 and 7.1 on my merc.

tee-tz
Mar 27, 2014, 11:21 PM
Yes Only new text while you driving will appear and you only can read them

Hey, this still doesn't work (for an iMessage or normal text message). Going to snap a pic/vid of what's happening.

edulinka
Mar 28, 2014, 06:11 AM
In Bluetooth settings did you select Show Notifications? New text no matter what iMessage or text will appear only when you drive and get text while you driving. It is not retrieving old messages

Shift Option K
Mar 30, 2014, 10:17 PM
Initially it didn't work for me on my Chrysler but after a Uconnect update it works fine. Still does on 7.1. I think for it to work on a Merc you might need to have a CarPlay equipped model as someone had an issue with iOS 7 and a volvo (that manufacturer got dat carplay).

tee-tz
Mar 31, 2014, 01:05 PM
In Bluetooth settings did you select Show Notifications? New text no matter what iMessage or text will appear only when you drive and get text while you driving. It is not retrieving old messages

Ah this may be the problem. My Bluetooth settings only have the option for "Forget this Device", Sync Contacts (ON/OFF) and Groups (Check whichever groups you'd like)... There isn't a "Show Notifications"

Incidentally, I've attached a screenshot of my "Messages" in Notification Settings (iOS7)... Settings > Notification Center > Messages. Am I suppose to select "Alerts", it's currently set to Banners. Everything else is turned ON (Show Preview, Show on Lock Screen, Show in Notification Center)...

Also, you can see from the car photo, "SMS" is inactive and remains inactive even when a new messages come in. However, phone calls come in as expected. Also calling out works perfectly.

:confused:

Thanks for your help by the way!

ABC5S
Mar 31, 2014, 05:09 PM
Happen to my Honda Civic. So I unpaired it on the cars display, than paired it again and now it works.

edulinka
Apr 1, 2014, 09:17 AM
Ah this may be the problem. My Bluetooth settings only have the option for "Forget this Device", Sync Contacts (ON/OFF) and Groups (Check whichever groups you'd like)... There isn't a "Show Notifications"

Incidentally, I've attached a screenshot of my "Messages" in Notification Settings (iOS7)... Settings > Notification Center > Messages. Am I suppose to select "Alerts", it's currently set to Banners. Everything else is turned ON (Show Preview, Show on Lock Screen, Show in Notification Center)...

Also, you can see from the car photo, "SMS" is inactive and remains inactive even when a new messages come in. However, phone calls come in as expected. Also calling out works perfectly.

:confused:

Thanks for your help by the way!

On my it says Text Messages instead of SMS. I have iPhone and I am with ATT It is working for me. Check settings not on Messages you show it is under Bluetooth for Merc when you connect to it.

vince22
Apr 1, 2014, 01:58 PM
no worky with my ford pinto......:mad: