Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrightCanon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
Link. http://www.goballisticcase.com/pages/ballistic-hydra-series-design

Blondie :)

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
Prescott, AZ
Looks like a decent unit. Like all waterproof cases, however, I'm curious to see how the audio will perform through the earpiece and the microphone when making calls. The lifeproof case I used to have was absolutely terrible, so I got rid of it. Hopefully they've fixed some issues.

Thebigkahuna

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2012
Looks good but unfortunately they only have one color available on their website at the moment, ( charcoal and white) and I can't find it for sale anywhere else. I'd love to order it in black and gray.

Biff...

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2010
Sherman Oaks, CA.
Looks good but unfortunately they only have one color available on their website at the moment, ( charcoal and white) and I can't find it for sale anywhere else. I'd love to order it in black and gray.

I just got one at the AT&T store, its a decent unit, slightly better than Lifeproof.

Biff...

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2010
Sherman Oaks, CA.
How's the sound and screen? Thx

Sound is better than the lifeproof and Incipio Atlas. With the help of the hearing aid option in settings-accessiblity-hearing aids, I get a decent sound. The screen is not as good as the Atlas, due to it being plastic like the lifeproof fre, but I did get a better feel with no halo effect. These are my impression based on a few days of usage.

MichaelMidnight

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2008
Los Angeles
I like to take video with my camera and I have rarely seen this remarked in other waterproof cases, but how's the video/sound quality with the case on. Often as sound is two ways, recording video is a bit muted. It was so with the Atlas :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.