PDA

View Full Version : iOS 7 Beta 2 Bug Fixes & Changes

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

j4zb4
Jun 24, 2013, 02:07 PM
"Now Playing" not showing properly on 4S

Image (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/kmj2318/IMG_0019_zps1c92d7e8.png)

Is fine for me... Am using a 4S too...

duelingdragons
Jun 24, 2013, 02:08 PM
Do you mean on the app icon? I'm pretty sure that is just a flicker that's caused from the closely arranged vertical lines that make up the wave.

Yeah, you're probably right.
But is anyone else noticing a half-second or so delay between slide to unlock and the homescreen populating?

bbfc
no date or time on lockscreen when music is playing.

Time is in the status bar.

Kohkane
Also this is new.

pmontanarella
Jun 24, 2013, 02:09 PM
I don't know if this was mentioned before, I didn't read through the whole thread, but it seems that now in messages the conversations are named with the "nicknames" you assigned your contacts, if you didn't assign one then it goes to the full name.

Pietro

Sheza
Jun 24, 2013, 02:10 PM
Is it just me, or does the Siri overlay
a) Lag a bit (probably the over-done blur!)
b) Have a clearer bit on the right, meaning the blur is not applied consistently on the whole screen?

Either way, transitioning from Siri to the Homescreen looks really good now. As does returning home from multi-tasking. Multi-tasking is also much smoother nad faster. The Parralax effect has been adjusted, it is more apparent on the lock screen now and appears more precise (the effect looks better) on the home screen. However, it looks like the lock screen has a slight delay after pressing the home.lock button before it comes on now?

There's still these bugs:
1. Enter an app in a folder, then multi-task to jump into another app. When pressing the home button, instead of returning to the homescreen it returns to the folder that the original app was in, and the animation is the one where you unlock the iPhone was well. I'm pretty sure it's a bug.
2. When tapping to add a song to a playlist, the music app background turns black briefly.

jonnyb098
Jun 24, 2013, 02:10 PM
Really helpful... Thanks... :mad:

If you're using a beta as your daily driver on your phone then what do you expect? If it was still broken in a few months then you can complain.

JRaff
Jun 24, 2013, 02:12 PM
Don't think this was mentioned.. maybe =0

In the Mail.app if you are viewing ALL inboxes, at the bottom, the symbol for the different types have changed. The Exchange icon is different, as I'm sure others are also.

cmChimera
Jun 24, 2013, 02:12 PM

No it's not.

jatt559
Jun 24, 2013, 02:13 PM
Is it just me or does Safari not have "open tab in background" I could have sworn that was in ios6 and I just thought of that

It's in settings > safari

ajiuo
The large bluetooth status icon bug is gone.. Also for some reason my status bar likes to go in to landscape mode on the springboard :/

jatt559

not for me

RicoRich196
Jun 24, 2013, 02:14 PM
eh lol

Humble brag fight!

C DM
Don't think this was mentioned.. maybe =0

In the Mail.app if you are viewing ALL inboxes, at the bottom, the symbol for the different types have changed. The Exchange icon is different, as I'm sure others are also.Seems like they were mostly just updated to the latest versions of the icons for the corresponding services they represent (Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo!, Gmail, etc.).

jedi-knight83
The "button" was there before, but I believe the actual icon used for it is now different/new.

ah yes your right. Id forgotten. it was just the 'i' info button before wasnt it.

Baumer582
Jun 24, 2013, 02:15 PM
Yes. Works fine.

Excellent. Thanks!

bbfc
Jun 24, 2013, 02:16 PM
No it's not.

It's a bit hit or miss. Sometimes it appears, sometimes it doesn't.

8a22a
Jun 24, 2013, 02:16 PM
NEW! ADD THIS TO THE LIST!
In photos, you can pinch to open and close specific photos and videos. When fully zoomed out, the pinch to close will work. The photo can be rotated during the pinch, but has no effect other than being a visual enhancement.

END OF ATTENTION GRABBING.

Very cool.

iPhone4Jay
Jun 24, 2013, 02:17 PM
Did they fix the issue in Messages where sometimes text would overlap, making the contact name difficult to read?

Still overlapping in iMessage. This is ANNOYING!

phr0ze
Jun 24, 2013, 02:18 PM
Do you mean on the app icon? I'm pretty sure that is just a flicker that's caused from the closely arranged vertical lines that make up the wave.

Yes it must just be the flicker. You'll see the soundwave flicker more easily if you make your apps wiggle in rearrange mode.

BTW the worst icon ever and I'm a fan of most of the new icones.

rmeadejr
Jun 24, 2013, 02:19 PM
in settings , notification center you can now turn traffic conditions on or off.

rrares1996
Jun 24, 2013, 02:19 PM
How is the performance on iphone 4 ? PLEASE, someone!

RandomGuy26
Jun 24, 2013, 02:20 PM
Folders are still not animating if you place them in the dock.. just mildly annoying :)

jedi-knight83
Jun 24, 2013, 02:22 PM
the calendar app is still useless!!

still no dots on the days with things booked.

phr0ze
They Fixed the bug in iMessage where copying a phone number out of a text used to copy the whole message. Now it just copies the number.

Also added the ability to tap and hold a phone number in a text to call, add to a contact, send text, or just copy.

Hyuga
How is the performance on iphone 4 ? PLEASE, someone!

Okay, okay! I have spare 4 test unit somewhere where I had previous version, I will return back to you after updating to newer one.

iPhone4Jay
Yes it must just be the flicker. You'll see the soundwave flicker more easily if you make your apps wiggle in rearrange mode.

BTW the worst icon ever and I'm a fan of most of the new icones.

I saw this flicker as well. I thought my screen was taking a crap. I bet they fix this for sure.

ritmomundo
Jun 24, 2013, 02:23 PM
Also this is new.

It was there in beta 1.

C DM
Jun 24, 2013, 02:24 PM
in settings , notification center you can now turn traffic conditions on or off.Strangely don't see that.

----------

still no dots on the days with things booked.Well, certainly far from useless. Although certainly perhaps less useful for some.

jbyun04
Jun 24, 2013, 02:24 PM
fixing little things like the status bar bug on old apps makes it feel a lot more solid

the only thing left i wish they would bring back is the ability to shuffle ALL songs for an artist and genre.

quatermass23
Jun 24, 2013, 02:25 PM
You couldn't play podcasts in Beta 1 using Apple apps. Does the Podcast app now work under Beta 2? If not, are podcasts accessible through the Music app once the Podcast app is deleted, like in pre-iOS 7? Thanks. I need me my podcasts.

MountainJew
Jun 24, 2013, 02:25 PM

Image (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/kmj2318/IMG_0019_zps1c92d7e8.png)

Lovin' that Alt-J! :cool:

C DM
Jun 24, 2013, 02:26 PM
ah yes your right. Id forgotten. it was just the 'i' info button before wasnt it.Yeah.

ritmomundo
Jun 24, 2013, 02:26 PM
Don't know if this is happening to anyone else, but every 10-20 minutes, I get asked for my iCloud login. Also, my Bluetooth keeps getting turned on by itself. I'll turn it off via Control Center, but it'll turn back on after a few minutes.

wellok
Jun 24, 2013, 02:27 PM
You couldn't play podcasts in Beta 1 using Apple apps. Does the Podcast app now work under Beta 2? If not, are podcasts accessible through the Music app once the Podcast app is deleted, like in pre-iOS 7? Thanks. I need me my podcasts.

The Podcast app seems to be working for me now. No podcasts in the Music app still, so far as I could tell.

rmeadejr
Jun 24, 2013, 02:28 PM
here is a screenshot of the traffic conditions in the notification center

j4zb4
Jun 24, 2013, 02:29 PM
NEW! ADD THIS TO THE LIST!
In photos, you can pinch to open and close specific photos and videos. When fully zoomed out, the pinch to close will work. The photo can be rotated during the pinch, but has no effect other than being a visual enhancement.

END OF ATTENTION GRABBING.

Why would I pinch out to zoom when I can just tap it...? :/ :s

Also this is new... The share above your sets of moments... You can share all the pics or some of the pics of that event at a go...

patrikr
Seems like the iCloud keychain restore doesn't work. I selected to authenticate with my iCloud passcode and it said it would send a text message to my selected phone number but never received the message so unable to activate it again. Anyone else seen this?

I got this because I first did the OTA to beta 2 where I activated keychain and then decided to do a clean install of beta 2.

GoCubsGo

Confirmed ... not showing right on mine either.

stockinvestor
Jun 24, 2013, 02:30 PM
no weeknumbers in the calender... hate how they added this option to ML but not to iOS calender!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

hansenc
Jun 24, 2013, 02:30 PM
DND still does not respect messages as part of the alerts it will notify you on.

http://i.imgur.com/iOsknUP.png

Stuke00
Jun 24, 2013, 02:33 PM
Why would I pinch out to zoom when I can just tap it...? :/ :s

Also this is new... The share above your sets of moments... You can share all the pics or some of the pics of that event at a go...

This was available in Beta 1. I remember doing this a couple times.

----------

DND still does not respect messages as part of the alerts it will notify you on.

Image (http://i.imgur.com/iOsknUP.png)

According to your screenshot, it says incoming calls AND messages from your favorites will not be silenced.

j4zb4
Jun 24, 2013, 02:34 PM
If you're using a beta as your daily driver on your phone then what do you expect? If it was still broken in a few months then you can complain.

errrr... I re read my comment 3 times... I can't see a complain... Just stating an issue and asking if there's a way to solve it...

----------

This was available in Beta 1. I remember doing this a couple times.

----------

According to your screenshot, it says incoming calls AND messages from your favorites will not be silenced.

Oh... Maybe I missed it... :p

hansenc
The large bluetooth status icon bug is gone.. Also for some reason my status bar likes to go in to landscape mode on the springboard :/

had this problem also.

Stuke00
Has anyone found a way to download complete playlists from iTunes match? Kinda annoying to download each song individually.

C DM
Jun 24, 2013, 02:37 PM

Image (http://i.imgur.com/iOsknUP.png)So messages are now supported it seems?

jozeppy26
Is Siri suppose to eventually be able to answer me using Wikipedia as a source? As of right now she/he is still just showing me wiki links.

iPhone4Jay
Seems like the iCloud keychain restore doesn't work. I selected to authenticate with my iCloud passcode and it said it would send a text message to my selected phone number but never received the message so unable to activate it again. Anyone else seen this?

I got this because I first did the OTA to beta 2 where I activated keychain and then decided to do a clean install of beta 2.

i seem to get the text from apple in about 2-5 mins from when they say they are sending it. I gave up on this. Doesn't seem to be working very well yet.

patrikr
Jun 24, 2013, 02:40 PM
Google Authenticator not working for me. I can add an account but when I kill the app the account is gone. Adding a second account is hit and miss as well.

VSMacOne
Jun 24, 2013, 02:41 PM
I have. And yes, I am aware of how common it is. That said, it's just a pop-up. It doesn't need to be served up by the OS and I doubt that Apple would facilitate such an annoying and obtrusive UI element by providing the framework for it. It's spammy, and frankly I'm surprised it isn't banned or screened out during the app review by now.

A quick Google search tells me this is usually implemented through some third party frameworks, which likely leads to the visual similarity between them.

I will happily eat my hat if I'm incorrect.

For example: http://www.binpress.com/app/irate-prompt-users-to-rate-your-app/616

I think you misunderstood me. I know Apple doesn't put the popup there. That's the dev's choice and there's a lot of complaints about those online.
I was just wondering whether the option to Contact the dev was something new.
No big deal either way ;)

Gav2k
Jun 24, 2013, 02:42 PM
Strangely don't see that.

----------

Well, certainly far from useless. Although certainly perhaps less useful for some.

It's there

Geckotek
Jun 24, 2013, 02:46 PM
When clicking the search bar in safari there are now icons for disney , espn, apple, yahoo.. I never noticed that in beta 1

I think this means you've added them to your bookmarks toolbar. I had them in beta 1.

fivedots
Jun 24, 2013, 02:46 PM
I think you misunderstood me. I know Apple doesn't put the popup there. That's the dev's choice and there's a lot of complaints about those online.
I was just wondering whether the option to Contact the dev was something new.
No big deal either way ;)

Definitely no big deal! But I did understand you - I wasn't implying that Apple forces the pop-up. But they also do not facilitate it. There is no "show app rating pop-up" call in the SDK.

phr0ze
Jun 24, 2013, 02:47 PM
Can't find a place for Beta 2 bugs so here goes:

Receive a text with a phone number in it. Tap Hold the phone number. Leave the pop-up menu open and lock the phone. Unlock the phone and go to texts. The popup menu is still there. Click cancel on the popup and messages app will be locked up.

I've repeated this a few times and it is consistent, except the messages app crashed/restarted itself one time.

Dissident1111
Jun 24, 2013, 02:47 PM
Hit songs tab (category) at the bottom of music app and it crashes.

What junk!

Jakerz
Jun 24, 2013, 02:48 PM
Not sure if this is new to Beta 2, but I didn't notice it with Beta 1...

Setting a new wallpaper image from the Settings.app, it overlays the date and time so you can place the image in the right place.

iPhone4Jay
Jun 24, 2013, 02:50 PM
iMessage still doesn't work

I would do a fresh restore. Worked for me in beta 1.

naasrd
Reminders working seamlessly on Lock screen, as well as a little make over.

noobfromdk
Finally! They fixed the grey dock on the iphone 4 now, its transparent now!

BFG86
Jun 24, 2013, 02:53 PM
still shows the ios6 lock screen on under brigtness settings lol

laurenashley
Jun 24, 2013, 02:53 PM
I found the options under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Short Name (under contacts section)
With these options you can select what you'd like to see when there isn't enough room to show their full name, which was primarily used in group messages, the default for mine was "First, Last Initial" which was super annoying. Also, you can toggle if you'd like nicknames to be displayed instead. I really like this customization! Also, if you don't want short name to be activated, you can toggle that as well.

Stuke00
Jun 24, 2013, 02:54 PM

What junk!

No crash here.

inselstudent
Jun 24, 2013, 02:55 PM

awesome! I was going to ask exactly that question :D

ThunderApple
Jun 24, 2013, 02:55 PM
Not sure if this has been posted before or if this was in Beta 1 but if you swipe left in a conversation, you get a time stamp for each messages.

phr0ze
Jun 24, 2013, 02:56 PM
Google Authenticator not working for me. I can add an account but when I kill the app the account is gone. Adding a second account is hit and miss as well.

Working for me. I added my account with beta 1. I've reboot/killed the app several times, even in beta 2 and the account is still there. I don't have a second account to try.

joejoejoe
Jun 24, 2013, 02:57 PM
I just opened instagram and my feed was magically already updated to the newest photos from my friends.. I didn't have to pull to refresh or anything.

Does this mean that Apple has implemented smart multitasking with beta 2? I never noticed it in beta 1.

If so this is awesome!

j4zb4
Jun 24, 2013, 02:58 PM
No it's not.

not for me

It's a bit hit or miss. Sometimes it appears, sometimes it doesn't.

If you actiate control centre from the lockscreen and play music it'll show in the status bar... If you unlock it and lock it again it's gone... It also won't show if you were playing music from the homescreen and then lock the phone... Weird...

Soundflunky

"Finally"

paulkerdot
Installing now. Wondering if bluetooth works any better (beta 1 didn't work with my car audio system) and if you can connect to WiFi networks that have client certificates?

Works in my BMW now. ios 7 stays

HeyKatie
Jun 24, 2013, 03:00 PM
I really miss in the music app that you used to be able to shuffle an entire genre or all songs by an artist.

iPhone4Jay
Jun 24, 2013, 03:01 PM
I see contact pictures in group messages. If you don't have a picture for that contact it shows their initials. Very Nice.

noobfromdk
"Finally"

haha, yeah they could not have added it sooner. But looking at that ugly grey thing for 14 days bugged me :P

bdizzle

still grey here :( started off blue, changed wallpaper, back to solid grey.

petvas
Jun 24, 2013, 03:05 PM
Can someone test ebay app?

Still doesn't work. I guess eBay will have to update the app. The iPad version also crashes.

Holty123
Jun 24, 2013, 03:06 PM
Can someone post a screenshot of iOS 7 running on an iPad?

Your animated aviator got me was trying to flick the bug off my screen lol

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 24, 2013, 03:06 PM
In beta 1, iTunes Radio had a bad habit of randomly stopping, even though I was on a strong wifi signal. It seemed, that the OS couldn't decide between wifi or LTE. Thus far on beta 2, I haven't had that problem. It has been smooth tune sailing.

deuxani
Jun 24, 2013, 03:08 PM
The wallpapers on my iPhone 5 look a lot more colorful and a bit darker, as if the contrast has went up.

bjett92
Jun 24, 2013, 03:11 PM

What junk!

It doesn't crash for me and it's not "junk" it's a beta. Crashes should be expected.

tommy08
Using iPhone 4S, il say that opening and closing folders are not sluggish and laggy supposed to B1 being smooth and multitasking animations still sluggish as before however in B1 animations opening and closing apps that were in the dock were buggy but in B2 that has been dramatically reduced.
Il also add that siri voices like shown at WWDC are not in UK, even on the american settings (altho male/female option is there in US English) or at least, still seems robotic no matter what language.

Intrepidus
Have any of you guys tried to use the new siri voice gender settings? Im UK based and this option is not coming up at all in the beta 2 release for me. Is it US models only?

petvas
Jun 24, 2013, 03:14 PM
Have any of you guys tried to use the new siri voice gender settings? Im UK based and this option is not coming up at all in the beta 2 release for me. Is it US models only?

I have it here in Germany

AgentElliot007
It looks like the brief lag that happens when you slide to unlock is because the "Voice Memos" app actually has a brief animation of sound waves travelling.. wow.

Seems like overkill.

That's not an intentional animation. That's just what happens when lines spaced very close together like that move on a screen. All of the icons move in when unlocking, but what you think is a brief animation really just amounts to distortion. And it's a very, very bad design choice if you ask me. I like so much of iOS 7, but I haven't warmed up to these icons at all.

Whaaduppitszaac
No crash here.

same here. works fine for me.

laurenashley
Jun 24, 2013, 03:15 PM
The wallpapers on my iPhone 5 look a lot more colorful and a bit darker, as if the contrast has went up.

I've noticed it too. Especially when entering my pass code, using the same wallpaper as beta 1, when the numbers become completely transparent I noticed it was brighter or less transparent but the contrast being boosted definitely makes sense.

dmendiola
Jun 24, 2013, 03:18 PM
It's there

I don't seem to get to the traffic conditions option...is it probably I turned off frequent locations?

Whaaduppitszaac
new animation when switching from front facing camera to rear camera. very smooth. also, camera takes picture when accessed from lock screen now (didn't work for me in beta 1)

also, when exiting out notifications, it is still a little laggy

illyb2000

no option on my iphone 5 either , scotland :)

jedi-knight83
Jun 24, 2013, 03:20 PM
I just opened instagram and my feed was magically already updated to the newest photos from my friends.. I didn't have to pull to refresh or anything.

Does this mean that Apple has implemented smart multitasking with beta 2? I never noticed it in beta 1.

If so this is awesome!

Well in settings > general there is now 'background app refresh' just under usage.

cmChimera
Jun 24, 2013, 03:20 PM
new animation when switching from front facing camera to rear camera. very smooth. also, camera takes picture when accessed from lock screen now (didn't work for me in beta 1)

also, when exiting out notifications, it is still a little laggy

Post-animation lag as a whole is a bit...well........laggy. You have to wait a second to do anything. If that's what you mean.

loanhighknight
Jun 24, 2013, 03:23 PM
Unless I'm going crazy and this was done in beta 1, they appear to have changed the design of the map pins as well.

The Flying Kite
Jun 24, 2013, 03:23 PM
Whenever I try to rearrange my icons, my phone crashes then goes back to the lockscreen. I'll hold down on the app icon and then instead of shaking and allowing me to move it, the phone goes to the startup logo screen and then back to the lockscreen.

Also, it appears they've made the limit to pages in a folder 15 (135 apps). After updating to beta 2, apps that overflowed the 15 page limit were taken out of the folder and put into the home screen. I can't completely confirm this because it won't let me move my icons, so I can't try to put them back into the folder, but it seems like the limit is 15 pages.

loanhighknight
Jun 24, 2013, 03:26 PM
Whenever I try to rearrange my icons, my phone crashes then goes back to the lockscreen. I'll hold down on the app icon and then instead of shaking and allowing me to move it, the phone goes to the startup logo screen and then back to the lockscreen.

Also, it appears they've made the limit to pages in a folder 15 (135 apps). After updating to beta 2, apps that overflowed the 15 page limit were taken out of the folder and put into the home screen. I can't completely confirm this because it won't let me move my icons, so I can't try to put them back into the folder, but it seems like the limit is 15 pages.

This might be isolated to your phone. I am able to rearrange just fine.

Whaaduppitszaac
Jun 24, 2013, 03:27 PM
Post-animation lag as a whole is a bit...well........laggy. You have to wait a second to do anything. If that's what you mean.

I meant in the pull down notification screen, when pressing the 'exit' button and then 'clear' button to remove the items from notification screen, it's extremely laggy when adjusting the other notifications to the change. but it's a small price to pay for the overall improvement in speed throughout the UI

midpoint
Jun 24, 2013, 03:28 PM
The newsstand icon background is now white instead of grey. Also the home screen layout of icons has been changed to have slightly bigger spacings.

Camperniki
Jun 24, 2013, 03:29 PM
You can now see images of the people replying to you in a group text and new controls on the lock screen for music

iPhone4Jay
anyone have any issues with iMessage?

Do a clean install with a restore.

WhackyNinja
Skype still crashing. :( thats unfortunate

MisterDisney
Jun 24, 2013, 03:30 PM
Is picking a song as an alarm still broken? Sorry if I missed it being mentioned..

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 24, 2013, 03:31 PM
You can now see images of the people replying to you in a group text and new controls on the lock screen for music

You might want to white out the names of the people in the screenshot.

inselstudent
Jun 24, 2013, 03:32 PM
haha, yeah they could not have added it sooner. But looking at that ugly grey thing for 14 days bugged me :P

Besides the topic, but is it any faster? Beta 1 was so sluggish on my 4, I downgraded to iOS 5 haha

lewismayell
Jun 24, 2013, 03:33 PM
I would do a fresh restore. Worked for me in beta 1.

Wipe the whole phone? Or how should I go about doing it?

jedi-knight83
Jun 24, 2013, 03:37 PM
after a few resets, I still dont seem to have the new siri voices.

Iphone 5
OTA update to B2.

iPhone4Jay
Jun 24, 2013, 03:37 PM
Wipe the whole phone? Or how should I go about doing it?
yes, I did a wipe. Then I restored with my last iCloud backup.

illyb2000
Jun 24, 2013, 03:38 PM
is it just me or is double clicking the home button not bringing up the music controls on lockscreen ? or even when music is on and i double click the controls don't go away....

Northernist
Jun 24, 2013, 03:39 PM
is it just me or is double clicking the home button not bringing up the music controls on lockscreen ? or even when music is on and i double click the controls don't go away....

Just turning on the screen while music is playing brings up the controls and I don't think they go away.

Chazz08
Jun 24, 2013, 03:40 PM
My battery life has been improved DRASTICALLY! I'm so excited about that. With beta 1 I'd go out around 8 and my phone would be dead by 11. Tonight, I went out and it's 11:40 now, and I still have 62% left. On top of that, my phone isn't on fire! Huge plus there too! I can put my case back on!

bushido
Jun 24, 2013, 03:41 PM
Also this is new.

nope ive always seen my bookmarks like this well since beta 1

My battery life has been improved DRASTICALLY! I'm so excited about that. With beta 1 I'd go out around 8 and my phone would be dead by 11. Tonight, I went out and it's 11:40 now, and I still have 62% left. On top of that, my phone isn't on fire! Huge plus there too! I can put my case back on!

iPhone 5? praying this will be the case for me

cmChimera

That's how it is now.

lewismayell

Is there anyway to keep all the music I have on it somewhere? Instead of going through my iTunes for an hour

C DM
Jun 24, 2013, 03:42 PM
My battery life has been improved DRASTICALLY! I'm so excited about that. With beta 1 I'd go out around 8 and my phone would be dead by 11. Tonight, I went out and it's 11:40 now, and I still have 62% left. On top of that, my phone isn't on fire! Huge plus there too! I can put my case back on!Sounds like a mere installation and re-initialization of the update probably resolved some weird/stuck process or something like that.

lewismayell
Jun 24, 2013, 03:43 PM

Also, would I download the iOS 7 beta 1 IPSW again and then update to beta 2 through system preferences?

iPhone4Jay
Jun 24, 2013, 03:43 PM
Is there anyway to keep all the music I have on it somewhere? Instead of going through my iTunes for an hour

You would have to restore with iTunes then. Not a iCloud back up. I would highly recommend iTunes Match. I love it.

tymaster50
Jun 24, 2013, 03:45 PM
my iCloud was apparently trying to download the backup so I couldn't update to Beta 2 until I deleted my iCloud account lol, it's been doing that for a while, every so often a pop up would say "finish restoring from iCloud backup?" or something like that. Maybe that will help with my battery life.

greenorblue
Jun 24, 2013, 03:45 PM
Anyone else having the issue where a text notification won't go away, even though there are no new texts? I may need to do a clean install.

cmChimera
Jun 24, 2013, 03:46 PM

Turn off iMessage, do a hard reset, then turn iMessage back on when it boots back up. Try that before restore.

Chazz08
Jun 24, 2013, 03:48 PM
nope ive always seen my bookmarks like this well since beta 1

iPhone 5? praying this will be the case for me

Yep, iPhone 5. :)

----------

Sounds like a mere installation and re-initialization of the update probably resolved some weird/stuck process or something like that.

I should check to see how much of the processor is being used. Before it would average around 10-20% when I closed out all the apps.

iPhone4Jay
Jun 24, 2013, 03:48 PM
Turn off iMessage, do a hard reset, then turn iMessage back on when it boots back up. Try that before restore.

agreed. I figured he would of tried this first.

Gav2k
Jun 24, 2013, 03:51 PM

Dev notes- us only

Intrepidus
Jun 24, 2013, 03:51 PM

I found it if you select the US Siri then the option apears so looks like no UK support yet

patrikr
Jun 24, 2013, 03:52 PM
i seem to get the text from apple in about 2-5 mins from when they say they are sending it. I gave up on this. Doesn't seem to be working very well yet.

Just got the text message, about 2 hours after I requested it. LOL.

Enabled the feature again and now got the text message in a few seconds, maybe their servers were backed up.

lewismayell
Jun 24, 2013, 03:56 PM

Hard reset is home and lock button? Yes?

cmChimera
Jun 24, 2013, 03:59 PM
Hard reset is home and lock button? Yes?

Yes. Hold them down.

lewismayell
Jun 24, 2013, 04:01 PM
Yes. Hold them down.

Yeah, I did it earlier, the switch doesn't even seem to work, when I slide it, it flicks back so I have to press it then it says "waiting for activation" or something and then I sign in to my Apple ID and nothing happens

HeyKatie
Jun 24, 2013, 04:03 PM
Is iMessage not working for anyone else?

macrumorschamp
Jun 24, 2013, 04:04 PM
no weeknumbers in the calender... hate how they added this option to ML but not to iOS calender!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Just add a weeknumbers calendar.

cmChimera
Jun 24, 2013, 04:05 PM
Yeah, I did it earlier, the switch doesn't even seem to work, when I slide it, it flicks back so I have to press it then it says "waiting for activation" or something and then I sign in to my Apple ID and nothing happens

What switch? If you do a hard reset, you don't slide anything.

Is iMessage not working for anyone else?

Yes. The post above you. Turn off iMessage, do a hard reset, and then turn iMessage back on.

Kohkane
Jun 24, 2013, 04:05 PM
It was there in beta 1.

It's literally never shown up for me. O.o

apollo1444
Jun 24, 2013, 04:06 PM
the new coverflow that looks like a grid of albums doesn't show all my albums...

Mabus51
Jun 24, 2013, 04:08 PM
Besides the topic, but is it any faster? Beta 1 was so sluggish on my 4, I downgraded to iOS 5 haha

Yes much improved on the 4. Transparencies are now on the 4 as well. Battery life seems better, but we will see.

ramenguy
Jun 24, 2013, 04:11 PM
after a few resets, I still dont seem to have the new siri voices.

Iphone 5
OTA update to B2.

I made an account just to help you :)

Did you check if the "Voice Feedback" setting is set to "Always" instead of "Handsfree Only"? Because if it's on "Handsfree Only" you will only hear Siri's voice through earphones or other such devices.

gsmumbo
Jun 24, 2013, 04:12 PM
I'm hoping they change Calendar on iPad. I get that they are moving away from skeuomorphism but one of my favorite features of the iPad was that the calendar had two pages. Half the screen was say... agenda and half was your day view. You also had the scrubber at the bottom of the screen, etc. Now it looks like a blown up version of the iPhone app. Complete with empty space to the left and right of the day view. I don't need all the fancy leather, I would just like the functionality back. :(

lewismayell
Jun 24, 2013, 04:12 PM
What switch? If you do a hard reset, you don't slide anything.

Yes. The post above you. Turn off iMessage, do a hard reset, and then turn iMessage back on.

In settings

gpsouza
Jun 24, 2013, 04:14 PM

Found this bug...

sziehr
Jun 24, 2013, 04:16 PM

Found this bug...

This is not a bug this is a future feature i bet. This would be needed for sideways home screen function like on the ipad. So it is a bug right now with it being a future feature maybe hmm.

joejoejoe
Jun 24, 2013, 04:16 PM
Well in settings > general there is now 'background app refresh' just under usage.

low and behold the gmail app isn't listed there.

that would have been the most useful app to have there of them all.

Futhark
Jun 24, 2013, 04:20 PM

Not getting it here in the UK too

ramenguy
Jun 24, 2013, 04:21 PM
My status bar stays in a black font every now and then until I rewake my phone.

Also when using the magnifying glass to edit text, trying to go downwards will make the screen scroll upwards (system-wide)

cmChimera
Jun 24, 2013, 04:22 PM
In settings

It may take a while to activate.

Appledict
Jun 24, 2013, 04:23 PM
UI animations are much better and fluid now on iPod touch 5. Almost flawless. :) But there's a bug on siri, siri's transparent background not exactly transparent. In beta1, there's no bug like that.

hansenc
Jun 24, 2013, 04:23 PM
So messages are now supported it seems?

It seems but doesn't work. :(

kaibex
Jun 24, 2013, 04:24 PM
On beta 1 when used LloydsTSB banking app characters were not visible when selecting specific ones from password to log in. Could only see them by selecting one so it appeared then scroll up or down to select right letter/number.

Can anyone confirm if this is fixed in beta 2 or still the same? Even if you had issue with a different app which required selecting certain characters from password?

C DM
Jun 24, 2013, 04:26 PM
It seems but doesn't work. :(That's too bad. They added the text about messages, that's got to mean something--hopefully support for that is coming (soon).

gpsouza
This is not a bug this is a future feature i bet. This would be needed for sideways home screen function like on the ipad. So it is a bug right now with it being a future feature maybe hmm.

That would be good, but I highly doubt it

chraos
sorry if this has already been pointed out and remedied, but iMessage and Text Messages are not showing any timestamps for me other than the very first message sent. even the previous timestamps that showed up every few messages are gone. tried to cycle iMessage but didn't work.

macrumorschamp
Jun 24, 2013, 04:27 PM
Definitely no big deal! But I did understand you - I wasn't implying that Apple forces the pop-up. But they also do not facilitate it. There is no "show app rating pop-up" call in the SDK.

OMG, you've got issues. The guy clearly meant that the contact dev button on that dialog was new. It wasn't there on any app I've ever been asked to rate before iOS 7 beta either so I can attest to his statement on my personal experience on iOS as well. Besides, he was just trying to show if something he saw was new or not.

C DM
Jun 24, 2013, 04:27 PM
sorry if this has already been pointed out and remedied, but iMessage and Text Messages are not showing any timestamps for me other than the very first message sent. even the previous timestamps that showed up every few messages are gone. tried to cycle iMessage but didn't work.Hold and slide to the left in a conversation and you'll see the timestamps.

MrGimper
Jun 24, 2013, 04:28 PM
On beta 1 when used LloydsTSB banking app characters were not visible when selecting specific ones from password to log in. Could only see them by selecting one so it appeared then scroll up or down to select right letter/number.

Can anyone confirm if this is fixed in beta 2 or still the same? Even if you had issue with a different app which required selecting certain characters from password?

If you are talking about when you enter your memorable information, it's fine

iJason87
Jun 24, 2013, 04:28 PM
Stable enough to use as a daily driver on an iPhone 5?

BigMar89
Jun 24, 2013, 04:29 PM
o

kaibex
Jun 24, 2013, 04:30 PM
If you are talking about when you enter your memorable information, it's fine

Yes, thanks. Did you have same issue in beta 1?

boshii
Jun 24, 2013, 04:31 PM
Stable enough to use as a daily driver on an iPhone 5?

Beta 1 was for me.

macrumorschamp
Jun 24, 2013, 04:37 PM
You might want to white out the names of the people in the screenshot.

Why?

BigMar89
Jun 24, 2013, 04:56 PM
is PhotoStream working properly for everyone? ive had Beta 2 installed for a few hours but new pictures taken arent being added to my PhotoStream... so i turned off and turned on PhotoStream and now my PhotoStream photos are gone..

Hasan51
Jun 24, 2013, 05:00 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2BceBj3Q2Cw

newguy1234
Jun 24, 2013, 05:07 PM
unable to delete new york from the weather app. swiping and deleting crashes to springboard.

this was after updating to beta 2 OTA

then resetting all settings and then changing them all back how I wanted them (was trying to fix the missing album art from the landscape mode, which didn't work)

then syncing without my music, then resyncing my music (album art works now)

Edit: after multiple power cycles/reboots, and moving new york up and down in the list in the weather app, it finally decided to delete.

DoctorFedora
Jun 24, 2013, 05:14 PM
Haven't gotten around to reinstalling iOS 7 yet since I downgraded to 6.1.4, but is Japanese text input working at all again yet? In Beta 1 it couldn't do any sort of conversions, and probably the most obvious sign that things don't work is that the "^_^" button just types a single little happy face instead of letting you choose from a variety of them.

I won't be able to reinstall Beta 2 for another twelve-plus hours, but if anyone's already running it, could you be so kind as to check if the Japanese text input works now?

Bonus question: does bringing up the dictionary via the "Define" popover still lock you into the dictionary popup screen until you force-quit that app?

justblais
Jun 24, 2013, 05:15 PM
has anyone tried updating apps via cellular? Even after full wipe/restore it just hangs on waiting

joejoejoe
Jun 24, 2013, 05:18 PM
the dialpad in the phone app no longer shows you bits of your wallpaper when you dial numbers.

instead it shows you bits of the translucent wallpaper you see when you get a notification on the lock screen for example.

cleaner implementation but the beta 1 version had a lot more magic to it.

BFG86
Jun 24, 2013, 05:18 PM
the a-z side list in music app and others is now spread out and easier to use

jedi-knight83
Jun 24, 2013, 05:20 PM
is PhotoStream working properly for everyone? ive had Beta 2 installed for a few hours but new pictures taken arent being added to my PhotoStream... so i turned off and turned on PhotoStream and now my PhotoStream photos are gone..

most of my photostream folders arent showing

ritmomundo
Jun 24, 2013, 05:23 PM
Bonus question: does bringing up the dictionary via the "Define" popover still lock you into the dictionary popup screen until you force-quit that app?

No, it's possible to get out of that screen now. But the define feature no longer works. I've attached a screenshot. I don't know why it gives a Japanese section.

One thing I noticed while typing out this post - holding down backspace/delete to delete a bunch of text makes the whole screen scroll up like crazy, you can't even see your text anymore. Very strange, new bugs.

Scoop24
Jun 24, 2013, 05:27 PM
The usual couple apps not work . But this thing is buttery smooth . The scrolling is impressive .

bbfc
Jun 24, 2013, 05:29 PM
Love the improvements they've made in Beta 2 on my 4S.

Animations are much smoother.
Safari is much more responsive and my music doesn't skip when switching between tabs or open apps.
The lock screen album art issue has now been fixed.
General overall responsiveness has greatly improved.

Issues i've noticed;

Sometimes the camera app launches then crashes. it works when using the shortcut on the lock screen. A restart fixes it.
Sometimes the album art and music info will not appear on the lock screen or in the control center. A restart fixes this.
Sometimes notifications appear behind status bar.
Sometimes the app is stretched right to the top (happened to the phone app) causing the status bar to overlap.
Some apps crash under certain conditions, but it's not consistent. Apps seem to crash more than in beta 1.

Overall i'm really impressed with the improvements they've made. It's a lot more usable.

Roll on Beta 3! :D

Che Castro
Jun 24, 2013, 05:32 PM
What about quick reply for messages ?

junior0717
Jun 24, 2013, 05:33 PM
Don't remember this in iOS7 beta 1. (if there please let me know and I will retract this)

Siri asks how to pronounce names in contact list.

My wife has an odd name (Zenah pronounced like Xena { yes like the warrior princess} )

I asked Siri, "Who is my wife?" and she asked me how to pronounce it.

cwosigns
Jun 24, 2013, 05:34 PM
Another new bug. 419568

Intrepidus
Jun 24, 2013, 05:34 PM
On both my dev 4s and my everyday 5 when calling up siri the blur layer isnt quite right with the edges of apps more visible on right hand side.

Also had lock screen clock appear at center of page a few times before flicking back up. But there to only two ones iv really found.

tymaster50
Jun 24, 2013, 05:35 PM

Someone ALWAYS asks if there is a quick reply. If there was then more people would be talking about it.

shandyman
Jun 24, 2013, 05:38 PM

I'm in the UK and don't have it. Fed up of the bloke.

grockk
Jun 24, 2013, 05:38 PM
Anyone else having the status bar go to black text like this? Happens on any home screen background.

Maybe same issue as when the portrait status bar stays in landscape?

grockk
Jun 24, 2013, 05:40 PM
Another new bug. 419568

My status bar is black and always present in portrait or landscape. You seeing the same thing?

fivedots
Jun 24, 2013, 05:41 PM
OMG, you've got issues. The guy clearly meant that the contact dev button on that dialog was new. It wasn't there on any app I've ever been asked to rate before iOS 7 beta either so I can attest to his statement on my personal experience on iOS as well. Besides, he was just trying to show if something he saw was new or not.
I have issues? Because I am disagreeing with him? Wow, thanks for bringing your mature perspective to a polite debate you were not involved in. If you used Google before spouting off your mouth, you could easily discover that these rating pop-ups are third party libraries and not part of iOS. I know he is referring to Contact Dev button specifically.

Apple does not provide the framework for an app rating pop-up, thus any change is coincidental and instituted by the app developer themselves and not iOS 7. Plain and simple. Not sure what you don't get. The Tapatalk apps (from his sample) were coincidentally updated last week as well.

Seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to debate in a thread dedicate to iOS 7 changes.

BigMar89
Jun 24, 2013, 05:42 PM
is anyone having troubles with iMessage? in the Messages settings it still says "waiting for activation" for iMessage and my phone number isnt listed under "Send & Receive"

bbfc
Jun 24, 2013, 05:42 PM

Nope.

daviddth
Jun 24, 2013, 05:44 PM
No female/male choice for Australia

No longer able to turn on the flashlight

Asking Siri to "turn on torch" results in "OK I turned on Bluetooth" but she understood me fine :confused:

No animated zooming out for folders stored in the dock (Same as Beta 1). 3 of the 4 things in the dock are folders here, and it is very noticeable.

Zooming does appear to be smoother

The nicknames are used in the messages app, but this can be turned off in the Mail Contacts and Calendars section, under Short Name and turn off the Prefer Nicknames.

So far not a bad update, but I'll see how many of the bugs reported last time are still there

Edit: Cant get to the first page of Macrumors in Safari as it flickers (Looks like it is asking me to turn on/off mobile site layout)

Ray305
My update is installing and I can't wait to try it out!

Also, where did you get the list of beta 2 update. And what does the asterisk mean????

shandyman
is anyone having troubles with iMessage? in the Messages settings it still says "waiting for activation" for iMessage and my phone number isnt listed under "Send & Receive"

Some people seem to be, whilst others are not. Mines fine.

bbfc
Jun 24, 2013, 05:47 PM

I had a few issues, so i deactivated it and then reactivated it. It stayed on 'Waiting for Activation' for a while then it came on.

----------

No female/male choice for Australia

No longer able to turn on the flashlight

Works for me. Have you tried a hard restart?

ramenguy
Jun 24, 2013, 05:47 PM
Haven't gotten around to reinstalling iOS 7 yet since I downgraded to 6.1.4, but is Japanese text input working at all again yet? In Beta 1 it couldn't do any sort of conversions, and probably the most obvious sign that things don't work is that the "^_^" button just types a single little happy face instead of letting you choose from a variety of them.

I won't be able to reinstall Beta 2 for another twelve-plus hours, but if anyone's already running it, could you be so kind as to check if the Japanese text input works now?

Japanese input works! I'm so happy about that too haha. (Chinese input works too which didn't work in beta 1 as well).

Ray305
Jun 24, 2013, 05:53 PM
After I edit my recordings, how do I go back to the wave bar?? :confused:

Intrepidus
Jun 24, 2013, 06:03 PM
I'm in the UK and don't have it. Fed up of the bloke.

Yep right there with you and changing to US isn't an option as she can't understand me.

I say poker she hears polka unless I put on a really unconvincing American accent.

Would rather not hear his monotone voice on the maps as well.

Jakimo
Jun 24, 2013, 06:04 PM
Apps that are universal in iOS 6 always show a small plus sign in the corner of the FREE or $$$ box within the App store. In iOS 7 beta 1 and 2, this hasn't been implemented.

Hope it comes back!

deadstockmarket
Jun 24, 2013, 06:07 PM

Yeah, I hope they fix this on the next update.

I hope eBay updates their app.

Vine also doesn't play videos in Beta 2, at least for me.

HeyKatie
Jun 24, 2013, 06:12 PM
nvm.

ilpadrino6
Jun 24, 2013, 06:16 PM
I still have a stuck badge notification in messages app. I restored and updated and it is still showing I have 2 unread messages even though everything is cleared out. Very annoying

Ray305
Jun 24, 2013, 06:16 PM
I thought IOS 7 would allow a preview of Siri's voices while selecting the one you want...

daviddth
Jun 24, 2013, 06:21 PM
Works for me. Have you tried a hard restart?

Sure have. Attachments show when asking to turn on Torch or Flashlight. Torch is an odd one though lol

BFG86
Jun 24, 2013, 06:22 PM
Did they remove the weather blurb in the notification center, cant find it in notification settings either

bbfc
Jun 24, 2013, 06:24 PM
Yeah, I hope they fix this on the next update.

I hope eBay updates their app.

Vine also doesn't play videos in Beta 2, at least for me.

I just don't understand the new calendar. None of my all-day events show up in the notification center like they did on iOS 6. Also the same for Facebook birthdays - they no longer show.

caphis
Jun 24, 2013, 06:25 PM
In Mail:

Holding down on an image in a message which contains multiple images (in this case, 22), prompts with the option to "save 22 images," but only the first 6 save.

Anyone else able to duplicate this one?

apollo1444
Jun 24, 2013, 06:26 PM
White screen flash when getting a notification...

not sure if feature or bug? anyone having this?:confused: where can i disable it

junior0717
Jun 24, 2013, 06:27 PM
Not sure if there is an iOS 7 bug post but...

I can't share youtube videos from the share option inside youtube app.

I click share >> facebook or twitter and nothing pops up.

Also when viewing embedded youtube video before you could click the video's name and it would launch youtube app. Now it launches a blank tab in safari.

springsup
Jun 24, 2013, 06:30 PM
Not sure if there is an iOS 7 bug post but..

There is, it's here (http://bugreport.apple.com).

bbfc
Jun 24, 2013, 06:31 PM
Sure have. Attachments show when asking to turn on Torch or Flashlight. Torch is an odd one though lol

Can you turn it on using control center?

Armen
Jun 24, 2013, 06:33 PM
Did they remove the weather blurb in the notification center, cant find it in notification settings either

If you have location services for weather turned off it doesn't display the weather in notifications on the today section.

junior0717
Jun 24, 2013, 06:34 PM
There is, it's here (http://bugreport.apple.com).

Funny guy you.

I meant in this forum.

daviddth
Jun 24, 2013, 06:37 PM
Can you turn it on using control center?

Yep I can. A couple of things needed toggling in the past to get working, or they show the wrong value, but after operating they worked fine. Im considering doing a fresh install rather than OTA upgrade to Beta 2 to see if this helps with some issues.

chekz0414
Jun 24, 2013, 06:42 PM
I have found on iPod touch the Dynamic Wallpapers lag the animations of the Lockscreen and Homescreen, also Multitasking lags, I restored and the Dynamic wallpapers still act as such, the regular wallpapers are smooth, even with Parallax on, but I turned it off due to a bug, the wallpaper goes black and changes the dock into a duo tone glass effect. Also Siri's translucency around the edges look rough, and sometimes she doesn't respond in this build I have the new voices however though.

bbfc
Jun 24, 2013, 06:43 PM
Yep I can. A couple of things needed toggling in the past to get working, or they show the wrong value, but after operating they worked fine. Im considering doing a fresh install rather than OTA upgrade to Beta 2 to see if this helps with some issues.

I'd love to do fresh install, but I can't ;)

daviddth
Jun 24, 2013, 06:56 PM
I'd love to do fresh install, but I can't ;)

Ha. Looking at the 98 spare slots on my Dev account, I can understand that lol.

TonyC28
Jun 24, 2013, 06:57 PM
Sorry if already mentioned, but "call ended" screen doesn't automatically go away after ending a call.

nheilweil
Jun 24, 2013, 06:58 PM
Wow...tons more apps in my "Background App Refresh" list.

stephen1108
Jun 24, 2013, 07:03 PM
Wow...tons more apps in my "Background App Refresh" list.

Apparently release notes say to ignore that and they don't work.

Ndrews
Jun 24, 2013, 07:04 PM
I think safari is a little bit laggy. When you close all the tab. Or open bookmarks tab on the iphone 5. In beta 1 safari is very smooth ? Everyone notice this ?

nishimura
Jun 24, 2013, 07:06 PM
Does it say anything about Passbook "Scan Codes" not doing anything?

Dick Whitman
Jun 24, 2013, 07:07 PM
Why is the lock screen now dim?

macrumorschamp
Jun 24, 2013, 07:13 PM
Someone ALWAYS asks if there is a quick reply. If there was then more people would be talking about it.

So is there a quick reply yet? ;-p

WhiteIphone5
Jun 24, 2013, 07:15 PM
iMessage on iOS 7 beta 2 (iPhone 4) not activating. Anyone else?

mrapplegate
Jun 24, 2013, 07:17 PM

Others have reported it. The usual suggestions, wait, or reset network settings, etc.

macrumorschamp
Jun 24, 2013, 07:18 PM
I have issues? Because I am disagreeing with him? Wow, thanks for bringing your mature perspective to a polite debate you were not involved in. If you used Google before spouting off your mouth, you could easily discover that these rating pop-ups are third party libraries and not part of iOS. I know he is referring to Contact Dev button specifically.

Apple does not provide the framework for an app rating pop-up, thus any change is coincidental and instituted by the app developer themselves and not iOS 7. Plain and simple. Not sure what you don't get. The Tapatalk apps (from his sample) were coincidentally updated last week as well.

Seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to debate in a thread dedicate to iOS 7 changes.

Thanks for proving how mature you are and how you clearly always have to be right. Instead of debating it, why not just answer his question politely instead of the clearly condescending manner in which your reply was.

xcodeaddict
Jun 24, 2013, 07:28 PM
Why do people online feel the need to be snotty and one-up each other, constantly? Can you just try being nice, and getting on? Be humble, be patient and take the time to explain things calmly and kindly, instead of being supercilious, reactionary and over-dramatising everything.

It's nice to be nice, and makes everyone feel better :)

tymaster50
Jun 24, 2013, 07:30 PM
So is there a quick reply yet? ;-p

Yup. To do it you have to open the message as soon as you get it, and reply in 10 seconds or less. There you have it! The legendary quick reply!

juan6245
Jun 24, 2013, 07:35 PM
I found a fix to the "N... ing" issue in the Music app! Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Toggle "Bold Text" to On.

Made an account just to post this.

nheilweil
Jun 24, 2013, 07:38 PM
Cool -- there are photo bubbles next to the names in a Group Message.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like iMessages to a single person have their photo bubble. That's too bad...maybe Beta 3!

technowar
Jun 24, 2013, 07:41 PM
Has anyone experienced that it won't successfully update to beta 2? I downloaded the update via Software Update and currently stuck at the progress bar, and will restart.

caphis
Jun 24, 2013, 07:42 PM
Another interesting one (iP5, 7b2) - my "time since last full charge" is now showing my time since I last unplugged it. Charged from ~20% to 90, unplugged, and it reset the counter.

WhiteIphone5
Jun 24, 2013, 07:43 PM
Others have reported it. The usual suggestions, wait, or reset network settings, etc.

Works fine on my iPad mini :(

Stalyn
Jun 24, 2013, 07:52 PM

You will need to restore from icloud to get it to work.

Mosi
Jun 24, 2013, 07:58 PM
Maybe somebody can correct me if I am wrong but I am blown away at how good the Spotlight search has become in Beta 2.

In Beta 1 on my iPhone 5 it was super slow and I had to actually hit enter before it would search. In Beta 2 it searches while I am typing, but what I find amazing is how fast it finds everything. As an example, I searched for "Waze" and it naturally brought up the App in the search but also almost instantaneously brought up every email that I have ever received with Waze in the subject including a Waze Password reset email from November 25, 2011. That search was reaching back into iCloud because of course I don't have email on my device from 2011.

For me this is one of the single biggest advantages over Android and most impressive features of iOS 7.

KeanosMagicHat
Jun 24, 2013, 08:02 PM

Yep - I can't believe they didn't fix this one.

It's gotta be addressed before GM surely?

Is picking a song as an alarm still broken? Sorry if I missed it being mentioned..

Yes it still doesn't work unfortunately.

Really miss it as I like to pick a new tune from the collection to vary the alarm now n' again.

. . . - Reminders has nicer cards and looks less experimental overall . . .

Thank you for starting the thread - some great info.

Apologies but can't agree with you on the changes to Reminders though.

On Beta 1 when you were entering a reminder it had When? Where? and something else underneath all on the screen. I liked that it was all together and easy to enter.

Also the Scheduled Tab seems to have gone. Anyone know if you can get it back please?

I do like that Reminders are now showing in the Notifications dropdown, however.

Cheers.

they added a arrow to swipe to unlock on the lockscreen

Unfortunately not showing up for me on a UK 4S.

KieranDotW
Jun 24, 2013, 08:18 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/5vybz9.jpg

Hope this is the right place, but here's a bug I found in the app switcher on the iPad while in landscape. If it isn't obvious, the app switcher appears in portrait despite the iPad being in landscape.

justblais
Jun 24, 2013, 08:20 PM
I may have misread a post earlier in this thread but can Parallax be toggled on/off? Where can I find that toggle on the phone?

richard6r
Jun 24, 2013, 08:26 PM
the dialpad in the phone app no longer shows you bits of your wallpaper when you dial numbers.

instead it shows you bits of the translucent wallpaper you see when you get a notification on the lock screen for example.

cleaner implementation but the beta 1 version had a lot more magic to it.

Can someone post a picture of this? I really like the visual of having the wallpaper when you pressed the button. And is it the same for the pass code buttons?Hope they bring it back. :(

ritmomundo
Jun 24, 2013, 08:31 PM
I may have misread a post earlier in this thread but can Parallax be toggled on/off? Where can I find that toggle on the phone?

Settings > General > Accessibilty > Parallax

nishimura
Jun 24, 2013, 08:33 PM
Yeah I'd rather have parallax off I think it throws off the lining up of different apps.

mrapplegate
Jun 24, 2013, 08:36 PM
Works fine on my iPad mini :(

Works fine for me as well.

YeahBuddy
Jun 24, 2013, 08:41 PM
Beta 2 seems overall worse to me.

One of my favorite features was the "Define" feature. In b1 you couldn't close out of the definition. Now you can close out of it but no definition! All I see is "English" and "Japanese". No idea why on Earth I'd want both an English and Japanese definition by default.

C DM
Jun 24, 2013, 08:42 PM
I may have misread a post earlier in this thread but can Parallax be toggled on/off? Where can I find that toggle on the phone?It's still there in the same place in Accessibility where it was before--it's just called Parallax now rather than the more "confusing" Reduce Motion that was there in beta 1.

----------

Beta 2 seems overall worse to me.

One of my favorite features was the "Define" feature. In b1 you couldn't close out of the definition. Now you can close out of it but no definition! All I see is "English" and "Japanese". No idea why on Earth I'd want both an English and Japanese definition by default.Seems like a bug, but it doesn't seem that that one small item would really make a whole beta that actually fixes and introduces more features overall worse.

kmj2318
Jun 24, 2013, 09:00 PM
No one has made one of these yet, so I'm feeling a little risky and thought I'd do it. (Don't get your panties in a knot if I'm doing something wrong :D)

Mine's still downloading. I'm glad the gears still spin! And over 200MB is a lot for an OTA update - what could this mean?

Update - Changes So Far:

- new Siri voice
- Reduce Motion is know referred to as "Parallax"
- Voice Memos are back: now featuring incorrect sound waves (you'd think Apple engineers might take a physics class or two?)
- New Messages.app animations : no more waddling into the thread
- Tapping on a calendar event in the Today section of Notification Center now actually takes you to that event in your calendar.
- No more status bar funkorama in old apps
- iCloud Keychain is now adoption during setup*
- A brief explanation of iMessage and FaceTime are now provided Turing setup
- iPad beta is now available!*
- Legibility of text on some buttons has increased*
- Better album art display on lock screen*
- More appropriate animation for entering/leaving an app when the icon is not on the particular page where left off
- New animation upon photo deletion
- Social icons (Facebook, Twitter etc) in settings have been updated.*
- The FaceTime app is now black & blue with a much better blurry front camera background (meaning it's actually usable now)*
- Removed the hideous default wallpaper
- I'm not sure where these asterisks are coming from******
- Improved text shadowing and display on home screen*
- Swipe to go back now works in apps like Photos and Music
- iCloud backup now appears to be working- Pulling right to left on message bubbles displays time stamps (or a naked lady... apparently?)
- New pinchy photo physics (thanks for grabbing my attention)*
- New (I'm not sure what to call the Cover Flow replacement) pinching animation
- Artist's name is displayed in place of no album art in Music.app
- When tapping the button at the top right of Now Playing to view the album track list, the name of the artist and album, as well as the art is at the top of the list
- Messages notifications on the lock screen now display the "slide to reply" text underneath
- Swiping to delete songs is now possible in the Cover Flow replacement*
- The user is notified if their pass code is too weak
- Contact's nicknames now appear in Messages.app (if one is set)
- Reminders has nicer cards and looks less experimental overall
- The Messages typing bubble (��) appears to be slightly different
- Traffic Conditions may now appear in Notification Center
- Images of contacts in group conversations now appear beside the bubbles
- Newsstand now uses the system wallpaper

I just noticed this one:

When sorting by artist, you now get the artist's iTunes photo instead of a random album cover. It's still shows album covers for artists without a custom iTunes page, I'm assuming.

Unfortunately, now a lot of my music looks like the same group of 4 or 5 dudes wearing slightly different clothes.

nheilweil
Jun 24, 2013, 09:31 PM
First time I go into Newstand, I get transparency showing the background but then when going into the app moments later, it loses that! Then, after a while I'll check again and I'm back to transparency.

TheGreatDave
Jun 24, 2013, 09:42 PM
Nm

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 24, 2013, 10:04 PM
No more "Reduce Motion?"
<Snipped>

Image (********************************/01.jpg)Image (********************************/02.jpg)Image (********************************/03.jpg)Image (********************************/04.jpg)Image (********************************/05.jpg)Image (********************************/06.jpg)Image (********************************/07.jpg)

Why are you spamming the site?

Ryan Burgess
Jun 24, 2013, 10:10 PM
Random bug...when in a FaceTime call I get this banner appearing constantly…

Also on the home screen the status bar turns black and isn't visible with the wallpaper…also the status bar doesn't rotate when the rest of the screen does.

Sundar83
Jun 24, 2013, 10:15 PM
I can't see the iTunes Radio

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 24, 2013, 10:18 PM
I can't see the iTunes Radio

If you are outside the U.S., you won't see it right now.

Sundar83
Jun 24, 2013, 10:21 PM
If you are outside the U.S., you won't see it right now.

Thanks for your quick reply and where is the control center configuration?

Maclver
Jun 24, 2013, 10:21 PM
Small minor UI bug that is bothering me lol

The search icon is blurred out on the iTunes Music Store

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 24, 2013, 10:25 PM
Just had a random reboot while playing iTunes Radio. First time I have been around the phone to see it happen in beta 2.

nishimura
Jun 24, 2013, 10:26 PM
Whenever you switch languages, the iPhone will crash.

L-Tuned
Jun 24, 2013, 10:30 PM
unable to delete new york from the weather app. swiping and deleting crashes to springboard.

this was after updating to beta 2 OTA

then resetting all settings and then changing them all back how I wanted them (was trying to fix the missing album art from the landscape mode, which didn't work)

then syncing without my music, then resyncing my music (album art works now)

Edit: after multiple power cycles/reboots, and moving new york up and down in the list in the weather app, it finally decided to delete.

Yeah I couldn't remove "New York" too lol.. I realized that you can't delete the last one or it will crash.

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 24, 2013, 10:32 PM
Thanks for your quick reply and where is the control center configuration?

Swipe up from the bottom of the home screen.

rman726
Jun 24, 2013, 10:44 PM
Thank god they fixed the iTunes Match download icons. You can actually easily click them now.

nishimura
Jun 24, 2013, 10:46 PM
I've noticed the "Report to Apple" is switched off by default.

When something crashes, will Apple know about it if I turn it on?

Sundar83
Jun 24, 2013, 10:48 PM
Swipe up from the bottom of the home screen.

I didn't ask that I asked the settings option for control center have to add the 3G option in the control center

Will2145
Jun 24, 2013, 10:52 PM
I didn't ask that I asked the settings option for control center have to add the 3G option in the control center

Everything would be in the settings. As of right now we are not able to change the settings so no 3G add ons

batting1000
Jun 24, 2013, 10:53 PM

Nothing new in the control center settings

----------

Noticed the Do Not Disturb moon is darker/gray compared to what it used to be.

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 24, 2013, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sundar83 View Post
"Thanks for your quick reply and where is the control center configuration?"

You may have meant to be more concise, but you weren't.

BigMar89
Jun 24, 2013, 10:54 PM
in Reminders, im not getting any reminders to show up in notifications and when clicking the "Clock" icon that takes you to the Scheduled card it doesnt show any reminders, it just list the number of items scheduled.

chekz0414
Jun 24, 2013, 10:57 PM
Beta 2 has to be one of the worst beta 2 iOS I have ever experienced, The lag is mixed with speed and in beta 1 I didn't have many issues with my iPod crashing, now in beta 2 I am experiencing ALOT more crashing, and it's all due to SpringBoard apparently, after glancing through my crash logs, SpringBoard is the main culprit, when pressing the home button to see the lock screen there is lag there as well, even though in beta 1 it was smoother.

Elusivelattice
Jun 24, 2013, 11:01 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but when a text makes mention of a certain day, like "friday" or "friday night", beta 1 would underline those words, seemingly to allow you to schedule something in the calendar, but clicking on the word never did anything. Now, when you click on the underlined text, you are presented with the options to "create event", "show in calendar", and "copy". Unfortunately, tapping on any of those options results in the messages app crashing. At least we're one step closer!:)