PDA

View Full Version : iOS 7 Beta 2 Bug Fixes & Changes

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Bawstun
Jun 24, 2013, 11:05 PM
Beta 2 has to be one of the worst beta 2 iOS I have ever experienced, The lag is mixed with speed and in beta 1 I didn't have many issues with my iPod crashing, now in beta 2 I am experiencing ALOT more crashing, and it's all due to SpringBoard apparently, after glancing through my crash logs, SpringBoard is the main culprit, when pressing the home button to see the lock screen there is lag there as well, even though in beta 1 it was smoother.

I am not trying to be sarcastic, but have you tried a clean install of beta 2? I ask because I *didn't* do a clean install, and for me beta 2 is 150% smoother. From animations, to program switching, keyboard lag, app crashes...etc. It's all improved. What you are experiencing doesn't seem average for this beta?

Sdahe
Jun 24, 2013, 11:05 PM
This bug still in beta 2... Let's say you have your phone locked with the screen off... You get a call and talk to the person.. Everything fine so far... But when you hang up.. The locke screen freezes and the phone stays on. It wont shut it self off.

ominx
Jun 24, 2013, 11:11 PM
Ugh! Restrictions has changed... They removed "edit or delete photos". I loved being able to prohibit the deletion of photos with a passcode. It worked great with my kid as I never had to worry she would accidentally delete photos.

I really really hope it returns.

patrikr
Jun 24, 2013, 11:15 PM
Timer appear on the lockscreen now and is counting down.

Bawstun
Jun 24, 2013, 11:17 PM
I'm not sure if this is a bug specifically for me, or for b2 on the iPhone 4. I'm assuming it's related to the iPhone 4.

- Transparency for the dock now works, but if you change wallpapers the new color does not take effect until you reboot the phone.

- When sending anything in the Messages app, there is a weird line glitch when the bubble 'pops' out of the compose line and into the conversation itself.

nishimura
Jun 24, 2013, 11:24 PM
The wallpaper will disappear.

Drock99
Jun 24, 2013, 11:31 PM
When you ask Siri to show you a picture of something and she does and you tap the pic it just gives you a blank screen. It was the same in beta 1.

C DM
Jun 24, 2013, 11:34 PM
Timer appear on the lockscreen now and is counting down.It was there in beta 1 as well.

N e e k
Jun 24, 2013, 11:42 PM
Not sure if this has been said - but you can swipe away multiple apps in the app switcher now. Not sure if this was available in B1.

phoenixineohp
Jun 24, 2013, 11:47 PM
I saw a few peeple made mention their battery life was lasting an hour in Beta V1. I have not seen a clear answer as to wether that was addressed V2. I read a few posts on other sites of how to avoid sever batt drainage by applying a fresh restore of 6.1.4 and then a fresh install of iOS 7 and beginning as a new phone. The heat generated from the discharge was significant. I'm leery to install Beta 2 because I dont want to ruin the battery with hard draw.

Anyone?

WhackyNinja
Jun 24, 2013, 11:48 PM
Timer appear on the lockscreen now and is counting down.

Since Beta 1 my friend.

Sylon
Jun 25, 2013, 12:05 AM
It's probably already been mentioned, but if not, then here you go.

With beta 2, you can log into Flickr now in the Settings app.

Redpaul
Jun 25, 2013, 12:06 AM
GPS bug not fixed. On my bike ride with Endomondo it maps me in straights lines over fields instead of on the roads. It's as if the GPS is either turning off or losing signal then just joining the dots.

Here (http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/207706795/2652018).

Paul

daviddth
Jun 25, 2013, 12:14 AM
Grrr lost all my music on the upgrade. Songs I played last night are now showing a red square ( some have a red square with red dot in the middle, whatever that means)

Bacong
Jun 25, 2013, 12:18 AM
feels exactly the same for me as beta 1, with even more bugs.

aimee.elizabeth
Jun 25, 2013, 12:30 AM
Grrr lost all my music on the upgrade. Songs I played last night are now showing a red square ( some have a red square with red dot in the middle, whatever that means)

I've restored my phone a few times and everytime it resyncs all the music I see the squares/circles next to the songs as well. I've been wondering what they indicate, does anyone know?

Naor
Jun 25, 2013, 12:35 AM
Anyone else having troubles with Siri? It doesn't work to me ):

HCO
Jun 25, 2013, 12:39 AM
Has anybody noticed in the music app under artist it shows the iTunes picture of the artists. Not the 1st album like in beta 1

aimee.elizabeth
Jun 25, 2013, 01:01 AM
Has anybody noticed in the music app under artist it shows the iTunes picture of the artists. Not the 1st album like in beta 1

Does this only work with iTunes bought music? Because this isn't the case at all on my phone :(

ErikGrim
Jun 25, 2013, 01:06 AM
Lovin' that Alt-J! :cool:

First person to post a screen capture of anything music related without having embarrassing taste in music. :cool:

C DM
Jun 25, 2013, 01:14 AM
Not sure if this has been said - but you can swipe away multiple apps in the app switcher now. Not sure if this was available in B1.Yeah it was there in beta 1 as well.

----------

It's probably already been mentioned, but if not, then here you go.

With beta 2, you can log into Flickr now in the Settings app.Wasn't Flickr (and Vimeo) integration there in beta 1 as well?

----------

feels exactly the same for me as beta 1, with even more bugs.Like what? Factoring in fixed issues from beta 1 as well?

YeahBuddy
Jun 25, 2013, 01:14 AM
On the ipad, I always have a status bar on the side of the ipad with the webcam. No matter what orientation I'm in. And it's super annoying. Hard resets haven't fixed it, I basically have to use my ipad in portrait for it to look normal.

C DM
Jun 25, 2013, 01:17 AM
Anyone else having troubles with Siri? It doesn't work to me ):Have you tried restarting the phone?

----------

I saw a few peeple made mention their battery life was lasting an hour in Beta V1. I have not seen a clear answer as to wether that was addressed V2. I read a few posts on other sites of how to avoid sever batt drainage by applying a fresh restore of 6.1.4 and then a fresh install of iOS 7 and beginning as a new phone. The heat generated from the discharge was significant. I'm leery to install Beta 2 because I dont want to ruin the battery with hard draw.

Anyone?Different people can have different battery issues here and there with pretty much any upgrade. What some might or might not experience usually won't mean much for many others.

humar
Jun 25, 2013, 01:22 AM
Quick question on 4S: do the animations lag also in this beta?

Watabou
Jun 25, 2013, 01:33 AM
Must smoother animations on the iPhone 5.

Siri also sounds pretty good now.

Oh and tell Siri you like her voice and you get this :):

daijholt
Jun 25, 2013, 02:29 AM
I've noticed that my headphone remote no longer works while the music app is playing. It works if I hold to use Siri when not playing music, and it works to start music when it's not playing, but as soon as the music is going it's like the remote just nods off.

I like the performance boost overall though. Much smoother.

Edit: the remote works as normal now. Not sure what the problem was, or how I fixed it. A restart earlier on may have been the solution.

gomoq13
Jun 25, 2013, 02:33 AM
Both my iPhone 4S and iPad 3 are experiencing the following:

1. Disability to pull down notification center at home screen, unless I first swipe a bit to the next page

2. Nothing happens when I click on 'Share on Facebook' on apps such as YouTube

Oh, and on the iPad, the homescreen wallpaper likes to randomly turns black.

MrGimper
Jun 25, 2013, 02:46 AM
The lag when switching to voicemail in the phone app has now been fixed.

hellomoto4
Jun 25, 2013, 03:37 AM
Correct me if I'm mistaken (or missed it in beta 1), but in Messages, upon composing a new message and typing in a contact's name, it will show up any previous message history between you and that contact.

Ojokelvin22
Jun 25, 2013, 04:04 AM
Does anyone notice that in iOS beta 2, when you have an app open and you go to lock screen and it goes straight back to the app it doesn't have a smooth animated transition? It has a black screen for like .5 seconds and then goes to the app.

Also no earpod remote support since beta 1 and I've noticed at the lock screen occasionally the time shifts to the middle of the screen as opposed to being at the top.

Let me know if any of you have fixes for these problems.

bbfc
Jun 25, 2013, 04:15 AM
Although animations are much smoother and overall responsiveness is improved, Beta 2 seems to be crashing more than the first one on my 4S.

The camera app will frequently crash and I will have to reboot to fix it.

----------

Also no earpod remote support since beta 1 and I've noticed at the lock screen occasionally the time shifts to the middle of the screen as opposed to being at the top.

Let me know if any of you have fixes for these problems.

I've noticed that one too. Sometimes the clock will not appear when using the music controls, unless you started the music using control center.

freemini
Jun 25, 2013, 04:15 AM
Anyone mention bookmarks bar not working in iPad? Option to always show it doesn't do anything but websites act like it's there (if there's a menu bar like on the Verge, it'll follow your scrolling a cm under the URL bar).

champagnepapi
Jun 25, 2013, 04:34 AM
Beta 1 was way more stable for me. On Beta 2 iMessage didn't work because the time and date was set incorrectly and the phone froze when manually trying to set it. Also when rebooting the phone it wouldn't switch on, it just froze at the spinning wheel.

Rift
Jun 25, 2013, 04:45 AM
Safari freezes when I opened one tab, open another app and reopen Safari. You can't do anything but my iPhone still reacts on using home button or push notifications.
Someon else got this problem?

fabytmHD
Jun 25, 2013, 04:50 AM
Not sure if this has been said - but you can swipe away multiple apps in the app switcher now. Not sure if this was available in B1.

That was available in B1 too!:)

Furifo
Jun 25, 2013, 04:56 AM
I noticed that there were some changes to Siri mentioned on the front page article. Could anybody please check for me and see if the UK/British version of Siri has an option for male or female voices?

I would check myself but I do not have a developer account and therefore don't have access to the iOS7 beta releases.

MrGimper
Jun 25, 2013, 05:02 AM
I noticed that there were some changes to Siri mentioned on the front page article. Could anybody please check for me and see if the UK/British version of Siri has an option for male or female voices?

I would check myself but I do not have a developer account and therefore don't have access to the iOS7 beta releases.

Doesn't.... only available for English(US)

cosmic68
Jun 25, 2013, 05:03 AM
I turned off iTunes Match as I wasn't getting the artist picture, in artist view on music app as reported on here. I thought it may reset them, but now the iTunes Match button won't stay on/turn green in settings (under music or store). Keeps flicking back to off. No message or anything.
I have signed out of store/account and signed back in.
Did a reset of phone (home/on off button).
Anyone brave enough to try and see if it's the same for them?
Or a fix-even better?

skippymac
Jun 25, 2013, 05:09 AM
Obviously everyone knows about the lockscreen music controls clock thing, but I've got a few more music issues that I haven't seen come up (I may have missed them).

In landscape mode, only about 20%-30% of my cover art shows up. It's all there in landscape mode and as far as I can tell, in the lock screen too.

Also You can no longer shuffle by artist or genre, only playlists and albums/compilations!

One more thing (not music related) that someone highlighted earlier was that in the switcher, apps show screenshots in whichever orientation you left them. This is the same as in beta 1, but it would be nice if the screenshots could switch where possible to the current orientation. Anyone think this will be implemented?

ridingtime
Jun 25, 2013, 05:21 AM
The phone keypad no longer displays a portion of the background when clicking the keys for me. Anyone else seeing that? I really liked that feature.
---

Gah, woops, this is wrong. Just had a background that was too dull to show this effect. Would delete this post if I could

daijholt
Jun 25, 2013, 05:26 AM
After playing with the iPad beta it seems really stable to be honest. Just a few UI glitches here and there and some lag in places, but otherwise I've yet to have a crash.

I did notice though, I've got an "auto turn" in Game Center that refuses to leave. I've no longer got the game installed and I've chosen "remove from Game Center" but the little red badge won't buggar off.

Could be worse I guess haha.

dreamtech999
Jun 25, 2013, 05:31 AM
I can't get the music buttons to come up on lockscreen. 😔

skippymac
Jun 25, 2013, 05:42 AM
I can't get the music buttons to come up on lockscreen. 😔

They only come up if music is already playing (in which case you can't get rid of them to see the time).

You can bring up control centre to play music in the lockscreen.

daijholt
Jun 25, 2013, 06:00 AM
Oh, and then there's this, a tiny bit of colour fade disappears and ruins my dock!

dreamtech999
Jun 25, 2013, 06:23 AM
They only come up if music is already playing (in which case you can't get rid of them to see the time).

You can bring up control centre to play music in the lockscreen.

Yeah. You're right. Just like a tweak on jailbroken phone. Thanks. 😄

skippymac
Jun 25, 2013, 06:27 AM
One thing I've just noticed, the stock wallpapers (and presumably others that are 1136x640) are now slightly zoomed in, fixing the issue where you could see the edges of the photo when moving the phone with parallax on.

It also appears to jump around a lot less. Overall just a lot smoother. :)

dspalton
Jun 25, 2013, 06:28 AM
no idea if mentioned

but the underlined words (tonight/tomorrow) in messages if you click and hold now you get the option to create an event, show in calendar or copy.

lokey
Jun 25, 2013, 06:32 AM
I had iOS 7 Beta 1 on my iPhone 5 and hated it, returned to iOS 6 24 hours later.

With Beta 2, I decided to put it on my iPad 3. I still don't like the overall design direction, but I will say that iOS 7 seems to flow better on the iPad. There is just something odd about the aesthics on the small iPhone screen, but it looks air-y, light and fresh on the iPad.

The icons are still horrible though.

bbfc
Jun 25, 2013, 06:36 AM
Oh, and then there's this, a tiny bit of colour fade disappears and ruins my dock!

Happens on the iPhone too. Doesn't show when using a dynamic wallpaper though.

shandyman
Jun 25, 2013, 06:36 AM
Turning airdrop on turns bluetooth on. If you turn Bluetooth off, airdrop turns off. Thought it was wifi only.

bbfc
Jun 25, 2013, 06:38 AM
no idea if mentioned

but the underlined words (tonight/tomorrow) in messages if you click and hold now you get the option to create an event, show in calendar or copy.

Cool. Though that's what I thought the underlined words in b1 would do.

Chundles
Jun 25, 2013, 06:39 AM
You have to restart the device after every change of wallpaper otherwise the dock and folder translucency settings remain from the old wallpaper.

Say I have a reddish wallpaper, the background of folders etc will be red. If I change the wallpaper to blue, the folders stay red until I reboot.

aDRock1154
Jun 25, 2013, 06:43 AM
I noticed that my dock wouldn't change color (or would have that line at the top) if I went through the photos app and selected a wallpaper.

Only way of getting around this for me was to change the wallpaper in settings.

YMMV

grockk
Jun 25, 2013, 06:57 AM

Reset All Settings cleared this up for me.

----------

On the ipad, I always have a status bar on the side of the ipad with the webcam. No matter what orientation I'm in. And it's super annoying. Hard resets haven't fixed it, I basically have to use my ipad in portrait for it to look normal.

Reset All Settings also cleared this up for me.

----------

Random bug...when in a FaceTime call I get this banner appearing constantly…

Also on the home screen the status bar turns black and isn't visible with the wallpaper…also the status bar doesn't rotate when the rest of the screen does.

Reset All Settings fixes this as well.

----------

These are all related to the portrait mode status bar being stuck on. You get all the normal homescreen status bar stuff like green for phone calls and blue for navigation, red for recording, even in the app you are using. Went away after the reset.

See also http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1601596

paulmadejong
Jun 25, 2013, 07:02 AM
no idea if mentioned

Interestlingly, this doesn't work using Dutch words (iPhone set to Dutch) but works for English words (using Dutch keyboard, though). Guess this functionality has still to be applied to other languages.

dspalton
Jun 25, 2013, 07:09 AM
Interestlingly, this doesn't work using Dutch words (iPhone set to Dutch) but works for English words (using Dutch keyboard, though). Guess this functionality has still to be applied to other languages.
does it work with any other language?

d

bbfc
Jun 25, 2013, 07:10 AM

----------

----------

----------

These are all related to the portrait mode status bar being stuck on. You get all the normal homescreen status bar stuff like green for phone calls and blue for navigation, red for recording, even in the app you are using. Went away after the reset.

Thanks. This has sorted out a lot of issues for me. Even my camera crashing issue.

dhy8386
Jun 25, 2013, 07:12 AM
Probably in b1 but now you can delete, reply and send messages when you have no coverage or in ap mode without annoying could not connect to server errors. Offline email effectively. Welcomed change.

paulmadejong
Jun 25, 2013, 07:20 AM

d

Tested German and did not work as well...

On a secondary note, did anyone else notice an added account to Push (in Settings - E-mail, Contacts, Calendar - Push) which is on Fetch. I presume it's my Facebook account?

Unfortunately, still no scheduling of push e-mail. Would love to disable push during the weekends automatically for corporate mail.

bbfc
Jun 25, 2013, 07:24 AM
Tested German and did not work as well...

On a secondary note, did anyone else notice an added account to Push (in Settings - E-mail, Contacts, Calendar - Push) which is on Fetch. I presume it's my Facebook account?

Unfortunately, still no scheduling of push e-mail. Would love to disable push during the weekends automatically for corporate mail.

Just noticed that extra account. Doesn't say what it's for but I presume it's for Facebook .

nephron8
Jun 25, 2013, 07:24 AM
Turning airdrop on turns wifi on. If you turn wifi off, airdrop turns off

That's normal I suppose.

Furifo
Jun 25, 2013, 07:29 AM
Doesn't.... only available for English(US)

I appreciate you checking for me. Thanks, buddy.

JoaoF
Jun 25, 2013, 07:29 AM

d

It works in portuguese :)

chekz0414
Jun 25, 2013, 07:31 AM
I am not trying to be sarcastic, but have you tried a clean install of beta 2? I ask because I *didn't* do a clean install, and for me beta 2 is 150% smoother. From animations, to program switching, keyboard lag, app crashes...etc. It's all improved. What you are experiencing doesn't seem average for this beta?

The animations are ONLY improved if I use a Still, and I didn't at first, I did OTA, and had bugs with the Dynamic Wallpaper, which I didn't have at beta 1. Then I did a clean install and it improved, but still some crashes, and now this morning I noticed iTunes is syncing my music back? Even though it synced yesterday afternoon

hellomoto4
Jun 25, 2013, 07:39 AM
New notification when a message fails to send:

http://i.imgur.com/7PFFliZ.png

MrGimper
Jun 25, 2013, 07:41 AM
I appreciate you checking for me. Thanks, buddy.

NP dude.

Strictly speaking:

"This seed includes development versions of new male and female Siri voices for U.S. English and French, and a male voice for German"

G

----------

You have to restart the device after every change of wallpaper otherwise the dock and folder translucency settings remain from the old wallpaper.

Say I have a reddish wallpaper, the background of folders etc will be red. If I change the wallpaper to blue, the folders stay red until I reboot.

+1, thought I was going mental.

Gjwilly
Jun 25, 2013, 08:06 AM
Night mode in Maps is gone again.

E-mails are marked as read (the e-mail counter drops down to zero) as soon as the Mail app is opened.

Smith288
Jun 25, 2013, 08:18 AM
why do people online feel the need to be snotty and one-up each other, constantly? Can you just try being nice, and getting on? Be humble, be patient and take the time to explain things calmly and kindly, instead of being supercilious, reactionary and over-dramatising everything.

It's nice to be nice, and makes everyone feel better :)

your avatar is old and ugly!!! ;)

BillyBobBongo
Jun 25, 2013, 08:20 AM
Bit of a weird issue. I decided to do a clean install of iOS 7 Beta 2 on my iPhone. When I open my tabs in Safari the old windows that were open on my Beta 1 installation are still in the list. Does anyone know of a way to remove these? Otherwise I'll add it to the Bug Reporter.

batting1000
Jun 25, 2013, 08:38 AM

No you don't. Just set the wallpaper twice in a row.

Chundles
Jun 25, 2013, 08:40 AM

Ah Ha!

Appledict
Jun 25, 2013, 08:48 AM
When you change the wallpaper (settings or photos app it doesn't matter) the dock's background still stays old wallpaper. This bug came with beta 2.

inssy2588
Jun 25, 2013, 08:54 AM
Night mode in Maps is gone again.

E-mails are marked as read (the e-mail counter drops down to zero) as soon as the Mail app is opened.

The # of unread items appears in a small font below the updated status on the bottom.

Chundles
Jun 25, 2013, 08:56 AM
The one thing that's really bugging me: The clock hands are off-centre on the iPad app icon.

The point where all the hands meet is closer to the 10 and 11 than it is to the 4 and 5.

It's up, and to the left. Up, and to the left.

inssy2588
Jun 25, 2013, 09:00 AM
Occasionally the time and date on the lock screen will move down to the center of the lock screen. Anyone else seeing that?

batting1000
Jun 25, 2013, 09:01 AM
My iPad calendar icon still says the 24th. When I click it, I can see it quickly change to the 25th, but at the home screen it's still the 24th.

Edit: just fixed it by moving it in and out of a folder.

ErikGrim
Jun 25, 2013, 09:06 AM
Occasionally the time and date on the lock screen will move down to the center of the lock screen. Anyone else seeing that?

Yup.

Sh4wN
Jun 25, 2013, 09:12 AM

Yep, on my 4S as well as on my iPad 4.

cmChimera
Jun 25, 2013, 09:17 AM

Yep.

batting1000
Jun 25, 2013, 09:20 AM
How many of you restored to beta 2 rather than doing the OTA? Considering doing it to see if it works out any of the kinks.

iPhone4Jay
Jun 25, 2013, 09:22 AM

I saw this as well. Thought I was seeing things at first.

hunter49686
Jun 25, 2013, 09:32 AM

Yes

duelingdragons
Jun 25, 2013, 09:33 AM
Battery life seems significantly improved on B2.

Unplugged my phone at 7:30 AM, I'm at 87% battery.
Yesterday, with the same usage, I was at like 60% by this time.

chrf097
Jun 25, 2013, 09:34 AM

Currently the updated voices are only available for English (US & Canada only), French (France & Switzerland only), and German (Both Germany and Switzerland) Canadian French, UK & Australian English, as well as all the other languages have yet to be updated.

darthraige
Jun 25, 2013, 09:35 AM
Character displacement when you text a photo is a nice added glitch and the fact that notification center and control center is disabled after you quit apps in multitasking.

(I'm sure someone already mentioned those, too lazy to trace back the thread.) ;)

ErikGrim
Jun 25, 2013, 09:36 AM
Currently the updated voices are only available for English (US & Canada only), French (France & Switzerland only), and German (Both Germany and Switzerland) Canadian French, UK & Australian English, as well as all the other languages have yet to be updated.

If you compliment Siri on her new voice in Australia she will still think she did in her old robotic voice.

applelover1016
Jun 25, 2013, 10:07 AM

I'm noticing this one as well, it does it for like ten seconds then jumps to the top of the screen where it should be, other than that, pretty solid beta 2 in my opinion, everything is noticeably faster, no more battery drainage issues, can't wait for beta 3:D

Smith288
Jun 25, 2013, 10:10 AM
I have tested the lock screen with non technical iPhone users and asked them to unlock my phone when presented with the lock screen.

5 of the 8 non iOS7 users (3 iOS users, 1 blackberry and 4 android) slid up on the lock screen.

Two android users swiped to the right and the blackberry user slid right. Blackberry user is highly non technical but one of the two android users who correctly swiped right is also an iPad user so that may have tainted the result.

Another android user got to the control center and was completely baffled as to what to do next as they thought the unlock was supposed to be there somewhere.

User breakdown:

1 female android user (slid up)
3 male android users (2 swiped up, 2 swiped right)

1 male blackberry user (swiped right)

1 female iOS user (slid up)
2 male iOS users (slid up)

Just thought it was interesting how a user who's never seen iOS7 interacts the first time.

sonicdissent
Jun 25, 2013, 10:21 AM
I have tested the lock screen with non technical iPhone users and asked them to unlock my phone when presented with the lock screen.

5 of the 8 non iOS7 users (3 iOS users, 1 blackberry and 4 android) slid up on the lock screen.

Two android users swiped to the right and the blackberry user slid right. Blackberry user is highly non technical but one of the two android users who correctly swiped right is also an iPad user so that may have tainted the result.

Another android user got to the control center and was completely baffled as to what to do next as they thought the unlock was supposed to be there somewhere.

User breakdown:

Just thought it was interesting how a user who's never seen iOS7 interacts the first time.

This really is a poor design decision. Maybe change that up arrow to a dot or something? Add side arrows to the slider? Of course once you figure it out, you are good to go, but for something that simple, you should be able to skip that step.

Sdahe
Jun 25, 2013, 10:23 AM
There is something about the ios7 that I don't like... don't know what it is

Smith288
Jun 25, 2013, 10:24 AM
There is something about the ios7 that I don't like... don't know what it is

Shall I submit this as a bug report?? :confused:

ushoda
Jun 25, 2013, 10:25 AM
ok, so i updated my iphone 4s from ios7 beta 1 to beta 2 through OTA.... what can i say... i think this beta have even more bugs than beta 1 hahaha

*music player crash time to time, other apps too (twitter, chrome, facebook)... it's just how it happened to me when i used to have a Nokia N8, open to many apps, device out of RAM, get stuck and then, CRASH!

example: on twitter, clicking a link the app begin to load and crash... re open the app, try to do the same thing and crash again. open the multitask, close twitter, re open it, try to open the link and it would work fine.
i'm still thinking that is a memory management issue or something like that.

*in some cases when i'm using an app and i want to "invoke" the control center or the notification center, swiping from top or bot do nothing, i mean yes it scrolls the page of the app that i'm using but doesn't bring any center, i have to go to the homescreen then back to the app and if i have luck swiping will work.

those are ones of the bugs that i most often have to deal with.

PD: sorry about my english.

batting1000
Jun 25, 2013, 10:27 AM

User breakdown:

This really is a poor design decision. Maybe change that up arrow to a dot or something? Add side arrows to the slider? Of course once you figure it out, you are good to go, but for something that simple, you should be able to skip that step.

I don't understand what's so difficult. Ever since the iPhone launched 6 years ago, you've always had to swipe to the right to unlock it. It's also been this way with the iPod touch and iPad. Even if Apple did some huge redesign, bigger than iOS 7, and I had never seen it before and there were two small arrows at the top and bottom of the screen, the first thing I would try would be to slide to the right to unlock it because that's what I'm used to. Plus, the slide to unlock text is animated telling you to swipe to the right. Even if you've never had or used an iPhone, it's highly likely you've seen/heard about it's lock screen.

TG1
Jun 25, 2013, 10:40 AM
The wallpaper will disappear.
Getting this too at random. Reverts to OG iPhone black wallpaper. 419757

Smith288
Jun 25, 2013, 10:44 AM
I don't understand what's so difficult. Ever since the iPhone launched 6 years ago, you've always had to swipe to the right to unlock it. It's also been this way with the iPod touch and iPad. Even if Apple did some huge redesign, bigger than iOS 7, and I had never seen it before and there were two small arrows at the top and bottom of the screen, the first thing I would try would be to slide to the right to unlock it because that's what I'm used to. Plus, the slide to unlock text is animated telling you to swipe to the right. Even if you've never had or used an iPhone, it's highly likely you've seen/heard about it's lock screen.

Your experiences don't speak for the majority of people. Just because you understand the idea of the lock screen through years of using iPhones/iPads doesn't mean others use those experiences that same way or even have the experience of an iOS lock screen.

These people I tested are generally decent, well educated, typical users out there. They don't read Macrumors or wait with baited breath for the WWDC. Just very standard people who, when presented with a UI/UX scenarios, responded with a certain behavior.

It's important to note their behavior in response to the UI and make changes accordingly to make it more obvious for them to use the operating system.

As I noted, only 4 of the testers were iOS users (one an android but uses an iPad) so I'm not sure why you tie previous usage to the group I tested since many aren't even iOS users to begin with.

Apple isn't targeting only me or you. They want everyone and the ease of use for the typical user reflects on them and want to ensure it's a positive one. Not a confusing, frustrating one.

Ke1ington
Jun 25, 2013, 10:51 AM
I made it up through page 16 and didn't see this mentioned. Apologies if it's in the subsequent pages.

The progress bar in messages is colored according to the type of message being sent (iMessage or text).

sou1 so1di3r
Jun 25, 2013, 10:51 AM
Battery life seems significantly improved on B2.

Unplugged my phone at 7:30 AM, I'm at 87% battery.
Yesterday, with the same usage, I was at like 60% by this time.

ive noticed this too. perfect timing just before i leave for vacation too.

thank god!!!

Ke1ington
Jun 25, 2013, 10:53 AM
And iMessage, since it's not letting me put more than one on a single post.

Tankmaze
Jun 25, 2013, 10:55 AM

Yeah I agree. Ever since the ipad came out, Apple always advertise that people already know how to use this tablet with the iphone. All iphone user should be familiar with ipad.

And now iOS is six years old, its a bit of dilemma I think.
By making it familiar with the user base who have used it before or move to a more advance state where we assume that people would know what "slide to unlock" means. And many basic gestures like swipe from right to left to delete or pull down to refresh (even though its twitter who introduce this)

But I think Apple has done the right thing. To move forward one step at a time. Slide to unlock without arrow in ios 7 is one example I think.

batting1000
Jun 25, 2013, 11:05 AM
Your experiences don't speak for the majority of people. Just because you understand the idea of the lock screen through years of using iPhones/iPads doesn't mean others use those experiences that same way or even have the experience of an iOS lock screen.

These people I tested are generally decent, well educated, typical users out there. They don't read Macrumors or wait with baited breath for the WWDC. Just very standard people who, when presented with a UI/UX scenarios, responded with a certain behavior.

It's important to note their behavior in response to the UI and make changes accordingly to make it more obvious for them to use the operating system.

As I noted, only 4 of the testers were iOS users (one an android but uses an iPad) so I'm not sure why you tie previous usage to the group I tested since many aren't even iOS users to begin with.

Apple isn't targeting only me or you. They want everyone and the ease of use for the typical user reflects on them and want to ensure it's a positive one. Not a confusing, frustrating one.

The lock screens on BlackBerry 10 and Android don't exactly tell you where to slide either...

CharismaticNerd
Jun 25, 2013, 11:18 AM
Would you guys recommend updating and restoring from backup, or do new, because I don't wanna break anything when I backup and update when it's officially out, you know what I mean?
Like backing up with a beta, and stuff is glitchy, then restoring from that backup when the iOS is complete and have something still broken

VSMacOne
Jun 25, 2013, 11:18 AM

----------

----------

----------

Brilliant find. Worked great for me!

Edit: After a few minutes, it started acting up again. Must be a persistent little bug!

DDustiNN
Jun 25, 2013, 11:22 AM
Beta 2 has to be one of the worst beta 2 iOS I have ever experienced, The lag is mixed with speed and in beta 1 I didn't have many issues with my iPod crashing, now in beta 2 I am experiencing ALOT more crashing, and it's all due to SpringBoard apparently, after glancing through my crash logs, SpringBoard is the main culprit, when pressing the home button to see the lock screen there is lag there as well, even though in beta 1 it was smoother.

Not for me... This is way better than beta 1. No crashes yet, no overheating and battery drain. Much improved.

sou1 so1di3r
Jun 25, 2013, 11:39 AM
Not for me... This is way better than beta 1. No crashes yet, no overheating and battery drain. Much improved.

i agree. so far, its wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better

NitinNike
Jun 25, 2013, 11:44 AM
Shake to shuffle is not working!

Sodner
Jun 25, 2013, 11:47 AM

Haven't seen this at all. iPhone 5 by the way.

grockk
Jun 25, 2013, 11:49 AM
Brilliant find. Worked great for me!

Edit: After a few minutes, it started acting up again. Must be a persistent little bug!

Are you getting just the added white space with the dock bar or the black status bar, or both came back? Did you have both before?

Smith288
Jun 25, 2013, 11:51 AM
The lock screens on BlackBerry 10 and Android don't exactly tell you where to slide either...

Not really relevant. Apple is usually pretty good about UI queues for users. Android and Blackberry are notoriously bad (if you are to use my parents as test cases... ha)

alexfc
Jun 25, 2013, 11:54 AM
I can't close newsstand , I click everywhere but it just doesn't close. I have to lock the screen to go back to springboard. iPad here , is this happening to anyone else?? Please let me know.

bbfc
Jun 25, 2013, 11:59 AM

I feel the same. I find beta 2 a massive improvement over the first beta. The overheating seems to have been resolved and that was my main gripe.

TonyC28
Jun 25, 2013, 12:02 PM

Yea I've seen that

CharismaticNerd
Jun 25, 2013, 12:05 PM
My question..?

Gogurt48
Jun 25, 2013, 12:06 PM
Here's a strange little bug. Launch any app. Go to app switcher and close the app you were just in. Press the home button. You'll return to the home screen and your wallpaper will disappear. You'll get a black background instead. Happens every time I've tried it.

Fortunately, it's easy to get your wallpaper back. Just launch any app and then press the home button.

I have reported this bug to Apple.

C DM
Jun 25, 2013, 12:08 PM
Haven't seen this at all. iPhone 5 by the way.Yeah, quite a few people have noticed that. Seems like a bug/glitch of some sort.

CocoaPuffs
Jun 25, 2013, 12:09 PM
My iMessage badge is stuck at 1, and I have deleted all of my messages.

I really wish you can reset badges.

rmeadejr
Jun 25, 2013, 12:12 PM
my usage and standy are the same time. it happened all day yesterday and i just thought it was a one time thing. anyone else seeing this?

Gogurt48
Jun 25, 2013, 12:12 PM
I don't understand what's so difficult. Ever since the iPhone launched 6 years ago, you've always had to swipe to the right to unlock it. It's also been this way with the iPod touch and iPad.

What's so difficult is that the lock screen displays contradictory visual cues. I've been using an iPhone, and before that an iPod Touch for four years, and I dismiss the lock screen without even looking at it. It's automatic. But you know what? A couple of times when I did happen to look at the screen, I started to swipe up. Apparently, that's what my brain thought the phone was telling me to do. I had to think about the fact that you swipe right to unlock.

I know the text is animated, and that's supposed to be a clue, but it's far too subtle, especially with the thin font.

This really is a poor design, and they need to change it. Maybe they could add some arrows to the "slide to unlock" text and/or make the animation more obvious. Maybe they could put a "control center" label next to the up arrow to make its function obvious. Something like that.

CocoaPuffs
Jun 25, 2013, 12:14 PM
What's so difficult is that the lock screen displays contradictory visual cues. I've been using an iPhone, and before that an iPod Touch for four years, and I dismiss the lock screen without even looking at it. It's automatic. But you know what? A couple of times when I did happen to look at the screen, I started to swipe up. Apparently, that's what my brain thought the phone was telling me to do. I had to think about the fact that you swipe right to unlock.

I know the text is animated, and that's supposed to be a clue, but it's far too subtle, especially with the thin font.

This really is a poor design, and they need to change it. Maybe they could add some arrows to the "slide to unlock" text and/or make the animation more obvious. Maybe they could put a "control center" label next to the up arrow to make its function obvious. Something like that.

Or simply have the ability to customize which way to unlock...

Jailbreak allows you to do that, and I really don't think it's too much to ask how people would like to unlock their phone.

hobbes1001
Jun 25, 2013, 12:37 PM
Happens on the iPhone too. Doesn't show when using a dynamic wallpaper though.

To get rid of it, just do a soft reset (Hold Home + Power Button until your iPhone/iPad restarts)

juan6245
Jun 25, 2013, 12:42 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the Control Center is now disabled when using the App Switcher? It was enabled in Beta 1 but now it's disabled. I guess it might be because the stock apps (Clock, Calculator, Camera) would glitch the Springboard animations.

batting1000
Jun 25, 2013, 12:44 PM
Turning airdrop on turns wifi on. If you turn wifi off, airdrop turns off

Doesn't AirDrop require WiFi?

shineaway
Jun 25, 2013, 12:46 PM
Im still getting duplicate notifications on apps like facebook messenger in beta 2 is anyone else getting this too. Wondering if there's a way to fix it?

bankshot
Jun 25, 2013, 01:16 PM

Does this only work with iTunes bought music? Because this isn't the case at all on my phone :(

It works with non-iTunes music as well. Seems the only criteria is that the artist has a photo in the iTunes store. I'd say about 10-15% of my music now shows the artist photos from the store, and pretty much all of it came from CD, not iTMS. I assume the rest either aren't in iTMS at all (some), or don't have an official artist photo there (most?).

Unfortunately, now a lot of my music looks like the same group of 4 or 5 dudes wearing slightly different clothes.

Yeah, this sounds like a nice idea, but I'm not sure how well it works in practice. I can usually identify album art much more easily than some random photo of the group (which is probably subject to change).

I don't recall seeing this feature in iTunes, but I assume it's coming there soon...

HippoEug
Jun 25, 2013, 01:18 PM
I downloaded iOS 7 Beta 2 OTA. When I open apps, like games which is played horizontally, I can still see the battery percentage, the time, my carrier, the whole bar. Sometimes, that bar will just turn black making it impossible to read the timing, see my battery percentage. Does anyone have the same problem? I am using an iPhone 5

nishimura2
Jun 25, 2013, 01:21 PM
Dictionary doesn't work at all.

HippoEug
Jun 25, 2013, 01:23 PM
Haven't seen this at all. iPhone 5 by the way.
Me too!!

HippoEug
Jun 25, 2013, 01:28 PM
Does anyone have the same problem with the bar? Or is it just me, Beta 2 done OTA. Right at the top, its all black, difficult to see, but in beta 1, its white.

HippoEug
Jun 25, 2013, 01:29 PM
Dictionary doesn't work at all.
In Beta 1, cannot exit. In Beta 2, no response

HippoEug
Jun 25, 2013, 01:31 PM
I can still see the bar in ALL MY GAMES AND APPS. Beta 2 done OTA

nishimura2
Jun 25, 2013, 01:32 PM
Beta 2 definitely messed up the dock somehow. Color adaptation is all haywire.

bbfc
Jun 25, 2013, 01:32 PM
To get rid of it, just do a soft reset (Hold Home + Power Button until your iPhone/iPad restarts)

Resetting all settings has cleared it along with a few other issues.

nishimura2
Jun 25, 2013, 01:33 PM
Also if you're listening to music, sometimes the music it will just stop.

bbfc
Jun 25, 2013, 01:34 PM
I can still see the bar in ALL MY GAMES AND APPS. Beta 2 done OTA

Try resetting all settings.

Settings > General > Reset

8a22a
Jun 25, 2013, 01:36 PM
Does anyone have the same problem with the bar? Or is it just me, Beta 2 done OTA. Right at the top, its all black, difficult to see, but in beta 1, its white.

Yep, you'll just have to use lighter wallpaper for now. ;)

KdParker
Jun 25, 2013, 01:59 PM
Dock looks different on iPod. Assume its the same on the iPhone.

I really wish the dock was smaller and/or we could adjust the translucency.

shandyman
Jun 25, 2013, 02:10 PM
Doesn't AirDrop require WiFi?

Sorry I meant Bluetooth. I meant to say:

Turning airdrop on turns bluetooth on. If you turn Bluetooth off, airdrop turns off. Thought it was wifi only.

Bawstun
Jun 25, 2013, 02:28 PM

Oh wow. Annoying bug at first but thanks for this tip! I change wallpapers often and rebooting every time to get the transparency to match was getting real annoying. Almost went back to b1.

rrares1996
Jun 25, 2013, 02:32 PM
Ok, so... Iphone 4, with ios 7 beta 2, with restore and setup as new iphone:
-the dock changes its color only if I reboot
-launch m. tasking and than go back, you won't be able to swipe n. center, it works if you change a page in home screen
-when listening to music, the double click in lock screen doesn't work, only if I pause the music
-control center still has that plane grey colour
-9gag app has a little blue dot near the text which tells the app name
-scrolling through songs is kinda laggy
-folders are a bit laggy
-after a few hours of not using the iphone, the clock in the lock screen goes to the middle of the screen
-sometimes, the elements in status bar in homescreen turn black, I am using that default wallpaper with stars or galaxyes, whatever...
-turning the phone on by pressing the sleep/wake button takes a bit to light up.

Miamifan1354
Jun 25, 2013, 02:36 PM
-launch m. tasking and than go back, you won't be able to swipe n. center, it works if you change a page in home screen
-when listening to music, the double click in lock screen doesn't work, only if I pause the music
-folders are a bit laggy
-after a few hours of not using the iphone, the clock in the lock screen goes to the middle of the screen
-sometimes, the elements in status bar in homescreen turn black, I am using that default wallpaper with stars or galaxyes, whatever...
-turning the phone on by pressing the sleep/wake button takes a bit to light up.

Just means it was recently updated, and you haven't opened it yet.

chraos
Jun 25, 2013, 02:40 PM

Beta 2 has introduced 2 arrows pointing towards the right with the slide to unlock text, HOWEVER, most people won't see it because seems that Apple forgot to include it with the English language pack. If you switch languages to German (Deutsche) you will see "Entsperren >>". I would expect beta 3 to include it in the english language.

batting1000
Jun 25, 2013, 02:41 PM
-folders are a bit laggy

Set the same wallpaper twice to fix that, no need to reboot.

justblais
Jun 25, 2013, 02:49 PM
My iMessage badge is stuck at 1, and I have deleted all of my messages.

I really wish you can reset badges.

toggle badges on/off in notification settings and it should reset itself

hamiltonDSi
Jun 25, 2013, 02:57 PM
Bit of a weird issue. I decided to do a clean install of iOS 7 Beta 2 on my iPhone. When I open my tabs in Safari the old windows that were open on my Beta 1 installation are still in the list. Does anyone know of a way to remove these? Otherwise I'll add it to the Bug Reporter.
This is a feature, not a bug.
The tabs & bookmarks are synced with iCloud. When you enterd your iCloud ID the tabs reappeared.

Tyler23
Jun 25, 2013, 03:00 PM
I know I've seen this around but thought I'd re-ask..

Is anyone else having major problems with iMessage? 90% of the time it sends as text about 3 minutes later, the other 9% it takes about 5 minutes and finally sends as an iMessage, and 1% of the time it works normally and sends immediately as iMessage.

I have turned iMessage off and on, rebooted the phone, etc..Any other possible fixes?

Dissident1111
Jun 25, 2013, 03:02 PM
How do you set it back to English? I set it to Deutch and now I can't navigate settings to get it back to English. Don't want to have to reset all settings if not needed.

BillyBobBongo
Jun 25, 2013, 03:07 PM
This is a feature, not a bug.
The tabs & bookmarks are synced with iCloud. When you enterd your iCloud ID the tabs reappeared.

If there's no way to ever close these tabs...then it's a bug!

The tabs from the old install are showing up on my iPhone with a new install. Since I've done a clean install there's no way to ever close these tabs again....unless of course there's some cache involved in the whole iCloud tabs backup that has yet to refresh.

Gjwilly
Jun 25, 2013, 03:08 PM
There's a new Auto setting for subtitles in the Video Player.

nishimura2
Jun 25, 2013, 03:14 PM
How do you set it back to English? I set it to Deutch and now I can't navigate settings to get it back to English. Don't want to have to reset all settings if not needed.

Settings, general, which is on the third block the first one, scroll down to the fifth block the third one, and is the first one.

----------

It tells you that Siri can show you your tweets, but when you ask, it fails to carry out that command.

jnappleseed
Jun 25, 2013, 03:15 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the iPhone is checking the location for weather like every 5 minutes? Every time I pick up my phone, it has the location arrow in the status bar. Going into Privacy - Location Services and turning off weather makes the icon go away from the status bar, confirming it is weather and not some other app.

C DM
Jun 25, 2013, 03:18 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the iPhone is checking the location for weather like every 5 minutes? Every time I pick up my phone, it has the location arrow in the status bar. Going into Privacy - Location Services and turning off weather makes the icon go away from the status bar, confirming it is weather and not some other app.Probably a combination of background updates and/or weather information being included in the Today section of Notification Center--you can tweak all those settings separately as well.

jnappleseed
Jun 25, 2013, 03:19 PM
I know I've seen this around but thought I'd re-ask..

Is anyone else having major problems with iMessage? 90% of the time it sends as text about 3 minutes later, the other 9% it takes about 5 minutes and finally sends as an iMessage, and 1% of the time it works normally and sends immediately as iMessage.

I have turned iMessage off and on, rebooted the phone, etc..Any other possible fixes?

That's most likely because the person to whom you're sending the iMessage doesn't have an internet connection when you're sending it. After the app notices it doesn't go through, it backsup to SMS. I experience the same thing with a friend who has cellular data turned off on her phone, so she gets iMessages only when she's on wifi. Do you experience the issue with everyone or is it isolated to one person?

Tyler23
Jun 25, 2013, 03:19 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the iPhone is checking the location for weather like every 5 minutes? Every time I pick up my phone, it has the location arrow in the status bar. Going into Privacy - Location Services and turning off weather makes the icon go away from the status bar, confirming it is weather and not some other app.

It's the background app refresh. It's a new feature of iOS 7, where the phone can update certain apps in the background without manually opening them to refresh them. You can turn it off in settings, general, background app refresh.

jnappleseed
Jun 25, 2013, 03:21 PM
Probably a combination of background updates and/or weather information being included in the Today section of Notification Center--you can tweak all those settings separately as well.

I suspected the same thing, so I turned off background updating for weather but it continued. The only solution, I found, is to turn off weather entirely in location services.

Tyler23
Jun 25, 2013, 03:21 PM
That's most likely because the person to whom you're sending the iMessage doesn't have an internet connection when you're sending it. After the app notices it doesn't go through, it backsup to SMS. I experience the same thing with a friend who has cellular data turned off on her phone, so she gets iMessages only when she's on wifi. Do you experience the issue with everyone or is it isolated to one person?

Issue with everyone. They are successfully sending messages as iMessages to other people, it's only through me that there's an issue. I had the same issue at first with beta 1, but turning imessage off/on solved it. Not solving it in this case.

The people I am messaging are either in strong cellular area or on wifi. They are having no issues with iMessage, it seems to just be a bug with my phone.

jnappleseed
Jun 25, 2013, 03:29 PM
It's the background app refresh. It's a new feature of iOS 7, where the phone can update certain apps in the background without manually opening them to refresh them. You can turn it off in settings, general, background app refresh.

I wouldn't call it a feature when it's draining battery. lol. But yes, I know about the background updating. They should change the update intervals, 15-20 minutes would be fine. Every 5 minutes is just way too much.

----------

Issue with everyone. They are successfully sending messages as iMessages to other people, it's only through me that there's an issue. I had the same issue at first with beta 1, but turning imessage off/on solved it. Not solving it in this case.

The people I am messaging are either in strong cellular area or on wifi. They are having no issues with iMessage, it seems to just be a bug with my phone.

I used to have a similar problem when I would restore my iPhone and set it up as a new device. To fix it, I would have to sign out of FaceTime and iMessage on my Mac, then on my iPhone. After doing so, I would first sign back in on my iPhone then Mac, getting the message XXXXX's Mac is now using (xxx) xxx-xxxx and xxxx@xxxx.com for iMessage and Facetime. Try that and see if it works

Macnificant
Jun 25, 2013, 03:30 PM
I have a 1 unread text message showing on home screen but there is no new messages. I had this in beta 1 also but it showed up after using beta 1 a few days.
I was hoping it would go away after beta 2 but no luck

freemini
Jun 25, 2013, 03:36 PM
Some iPad 3 notes:
Transparent keyboard is terribly laggy, just terrible
Animations are fine after disabling Parallax.
I get random resprings followed by a complete freeze of touch response. Reboot usually fixes it, though not necessarily. Already happened twice today.
Tweetbot can't be set-up. I really, really miss it already.
Bookmarks bar doesn't work.
There's no X to close a single tab. Kind of annoying.

dictoresno
Jun 25, 2013, 03:41 PM
Some iPad 3 notes:
I get random resprings followed by a complete freeze of touch response. Reboot usually fixes it, though not necessarily. Already happened twice today.

Tweetbot works perfectly fine on my iPad mini.

BlueGummiBear
Jun 25, 2013, 03:42 PM
Beta 2 has introduced 2 arrows pointing towards the right with the slide to unlock text, HOWEVER, most people won't see it because seems that Apple forgot to include it with the English language pack. If you switch languages to German (Deutsche) you will see "Entsperren >>". I would expect beta 3 to include it in the english language.

This is by design. Those who speak German (Deutsche) are easily confused and need the arrows. </s>

nishimura2
Jun 25, 2013, 03:47 PM
A concern.

iOS 7 does not notify you when you're finished charging. This isn't an icon that says it's done,

Mlrollin91
Jun 25, 2013, 03:48 PM
A concern.

iOS 7 does not notify you when you're finished charging. This isn't an icon that says it's done,

Yes there is. the lightening bolt flashes when charging and is solid when fully charged.

jererermy
Jun 25, 2013, 03:51 PM
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this bug, but for me this was present on beta 1 and migrated over to beta 2. I am running ios 7 beta 2 on my 16gb iPhone 4s. When I enter into the the contacts app, then navigate to my Favorites tab, sometimes it can get stuck where I cannot access my top contact. I have a total of 7 contacts on my favorites list, and my font is on the default size setting, so there has never been any need for me to scroll. Unfortunately, about 40% of the time when I enter into my favorites, the list is stuck in an upward scroll position to where I cannot select the top contact. I can still scroll it downward with my finger to see the top contact, but as soon as I let go it bounces right back up. The top contact hides behind the Favorites label bar. The only way I've resolved this is to get out of the Contacts app, enter into multitasking view, and close the contacts app process. Upon re-entry it tends to be unstuck.

I hope I'm not the only one with this issue. I'm also curious if this is only an issue that affects non iPhone 5 users. Since iPhone 5 has more screen real estate, maybe it gets stuck because the beta is having trouble with the smaller screen size every now and then. I'm sure the majority of the testing Apple conducts is on the iPhone 5 because it is the premier hardware at the moment.

nishimura2
Jun 25, 2013, 03:52 PM
There seems to be no limit to how many Safari tabs can be opened at once.

Will2145
Jun 25, 2013, 03:59 PM
A concern.

There's a flashing icon next to the battery, it will stop flashing when you're fully charged

chraos
Jun 25, 2013, 04:22 PM
This is by design. Those who speak German (Deutsche) are easily confused and need the arrows. </s>

ohhh, thats why German automobiles are so poorly designed and show complete lack of attention to detail. ;)

but seriously, I think the unlock arrows are unnecessary.....even those "easily confused Germans" will learn how to unlock the phone in under 30 seconds and never forget.

Apple...
Jun 25, 2013, 04:25 PM
My issues:

- still a fair amount of lag
- swiping for Notification/Control Center on the home-screen doesn't always work
- music is messed up (wrong art for artist, cover flow view shows almost none of the albums)
- when you open then close an app, your background disappears
- the keyboard is driving me nuts...it isn't correcting words like it should

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 25, 2013, 04:27 PM
My issues:

- still a fair amount of lag
- swiping for Notification/Control Center on the home-screen doesn't always work
- music is messed up (wrong art for artist, cover flow view shows almost none of the albums)
- when you open then close an app, your background disappears
- the keyboard is driving me nuts...it isn't correcting words like it should

Are you on a 4s or a 5?

Apple...
Jun 25, 2013, 04:29 PM
Are you on a 4s or a 5?
It's an iPod 5.

MrGimper
Jun 25, 2013, 04:31 PM
There seems to be no limit to how many Safari tabs can be opened at once.

There isn't a limit, it was mentioned in the keynote.

caphis
Jun 25, 2013, 04:32 PM
I was able to replicate two previous mentioned bugs today.

After every reboot or respring (which is happening more frequently on b2 than on b1... this one seems to crash more often), I am prompted to re-enter my iCloud password.

Also, with regard to the lock screen randomly losing touch responsiveness, I think it's related to the battery alert. I was able to duplicate when the battery dropped to 20% and I did not dismiss the alert before locking the phone. When I locked it with the alert still open, the lock screen would not respond to touch input and slide to unlock (or open NC, or open CC). Rebooting did not solve the issue -- every time it rebooted, the alert "20% battery remaining" would reappear on top of the lock screen and immediately go into the background. The only way I was able to get it working again was to charge my phone back up to 21%, then unlock it. I believe the battery notification alert is keeping input focus, even when it goes behind the lock screen layer. Would be a killer if I wasn't near a charger.

MrGimper
Jun 25, 2013, 04:33 PM
I suspected the same thing, so I turned off background updating for weather but it continued. The only solution, I found, is to turn off weather entirely in location services.

It's in the beta 2 release notes ... It states that per app background refresh settings are currently ignored. You have to disable all in this release.

kingalexthe1st
Jun 25, 2013, 04:34 PM
Does anyone know if you can add an attachment in a reply to an email within iOS7?

Sdahe
Jun 25, 2013, 04:34 PM
Shall I submit this as a bug report?? :confused:

hahahaha... maybe!

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 25, 2013, 04:35 PM
It's an iPod 5.
Ah. I think your experience would be different on a 5. Maybe the next beta will be better for you on the Pod 5.

seanathon
Jun 25, 2013, 04:45 PM
Some iPad 3 notes:

On my iPad 3, the bookmark bar works fine.

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this bug, but for me this was present on beta 1 and migrated over to beta 2. I am running ios 7 beta 2 on my 16gb iPhone 4s. When I enter into the the contacts app, then navigate to my Favorites tab, sometimes it can get stuck where I cannot access my top contact.

Something similar happened on my iPhone 5 running beta 2 earlier today in the recents section of the phone app. I could not scroll the top portion of the most recent caller. It was stuck halfway between the most recent caller and the next caller on the list. Closing out the phone app in the multi-tasking tray fixed the issue for me.

Jakimo
Jun 25, 2013, 04:46 PM

I used Tweetbot for a long time, good app. For the last six months or so I've used Twitteriffic instead. I've really grown to enjoy it more!

Works fine in iOS 7 beta, so may be worth a shot for ya... :-)

justblais
Jun 25, 2013, 05:19 PM
so far Tweetbot has been flawless on my 5

Jakimo
Jun 25, 2013, 05:27 PM
so far Tweetbot has been flawless on my 5

freemini, it worked for justblais. So, you may want to try Reset All Settings. It helped me out with other apps that were giving me trouble. (For instance, I couldn't 'Agree to terms' with Chrome in ANY way - until I RAS. That fixed it for me.)

Sylon
Jun 25, 2013, 05:35 PM
Tweetbot works fine on my iPhone 4S and iPad. However, mine was already set up when I installed iOS 7.

PedroDias
Jun 25, 2013, 05:38 PM
The end button has a darker red tone

The reminder "balls" are now orange, they were previously white.

shandyman
Jun 25, 2013, 05:42 PM
Some iPad 3 notes:

I'm running it on an iPad 4, no laggy keyboard, animations fine with parallax on.

I get the random freezing and resprings.

No X to close single tab here either, only if you have 2 or more. New bookmarks thing works tho.

BFG86
Jun 25, 2013, 05:48 PM
beta 2 is worse than 1 for me. more freezing, crashing and power cycling required

locoboi187
Jun 25, 2013, 06:21 PM
The issues I've noticed is sometimes the Settings.app crashes and sometimes the swipe up for the controls or swipe down for notifications do not work until i lock and then unlock my phone.

nheilweil
Jun 25, 2013, 06:24 PM

The reminder circles are the color of the category as set in the Reminders app.

For instance, I've got purple for work and green for personal tasks.

Bawstun
Jun 25, 2013, 06:29 PM

This doesn't seem to be working for me on iP4. Once you change the wallpaper the only way I can get the translucency of the dock/folders to change is to reboot the phone.

batting1000
Jun 25, 2013, 06:43 PM
This doesn't seem to be working for me on iP4. Once you change the wallpaper the only way I can get the translucency of the dock/folders to change is to reboot the phone.

Yep. Sometimes you have to set another wallpaper before setting the one you want. You might have to do it a few times, but I've yet to have to reboot the phone to fix it.

BIRDinho
Jun 25, 2013, 07:02 PM
The end button has a darker red tone

You from Brazil or Portugal?

Bawstun
Jun 25, 2013, 07:19 PM
Yep. Sometimes you have to set another wallpaper before setting the one you want. You might have to do it a few times, but I've yet to have to reboot the phone to fix it.

I guess I am just unlucky. I just tried changing 6 different wallpapers and it never changed. :(

batting1000
Jun 25, 2013, 08:15 PM
I guess I am just unlucky. I just tried changing 6 different wallpapers and it never changed. :(

You have to set the same one twice sometimes (consecutively) and sometimes you might have to set a stock wallpaper and then a custom on (and vice-versa).

newguy1234
Jun 25, 2013, 08:35 PM
Anybody know how to clear the rather lengthy list of updated apps?

Bawstun
Jun 25, 2013, 08:49 PM
You have to set the same one twice sometimes (consecutively) and sometimes you might have to set a stock wallpaper and then a custom on (and vice-versa).

I just tried this as well, still no go. Oh well, maybe b3 will work for me.

Anybody know how to clear the rather lengthy list of updated apps?

As far as I know you can't yet unless this has been changed since b1.

CharismaticNerd
Jun 25, 2013, 08:54 PM
Instagram working for anyone?

batting1000
Jun 25, 2013, 08:56 PM
Instagram working for anyone?

Works perfectly on my iPhone 5.

Bawstun
Jun 25, 2013, 08:58 PM
It didn't at first install. Then I force closed the app and it's been fine since.

At first everyone's profile photos and the pictures posted themselves were all just gray silhouette pics.

eta: ip4

superboy143
Jun 25, 2013, 09:03 PM
iTunes Radio now remembers any songs that are marked as "Play more like this" and the icon is highlighted next time the song is played.

TheGreatDave
Jun 25, 2013, 09:05 PM
On my iPad 3, the bookmark bar works fine.

I'm on iPad 4 and it's not. Kinda weird.

CharismaticNerd
Jun 25, 2013, 09:06 PM
Works perfectly on my iPhone 5.

Did you restore from backup?

alexpsbe
Jun 25, 2013, 09:09 PM
The fact that Siri has a new voice isn't surprising, but the male voice still sounds very computerized and not smooth--like the updated female one. I know it's still in development but it needs to be worked out.

What intrigues me is that Apple's design department would choose that design for the Voice Memos app, it draws attention when moving (almost like a Moiré Pattern such as this brick wall [ https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fb/Moire_pattern_of_bricks_small.jpg/197px-Moire_pattern_of_bricks_small.jpg ])

alexpsbe
Jun 25, 2013, 09:32 PM
The reminder circles are the color of the category as set in the Reminders app.

For instance, I've got purple for work and green for personal tasks.

My colors messed up for some reason, I had a reminder set as GREEN, but the color 'assigned' to it was purple (the default).

----------

When getting a message or notification (such as a 'text' in Kik Messenger) the lockscreen flashes white, black, and then displays the notification in a normal manner. The flash is VERY fast and just barely caught my eye, but noticeable when looking for it

CocoaPuffs
Jun 25, 2013, 11:14 PM
toggle badges on/off in notification settings and it should reset itself

I wish this works...

Still there.

Bawstun
Jun 25, 2013, 11:20 PM
Can anyone who hasn't changed the font size of the OS go into general > accessibility > larger type and tell me what the default position of the slider is? There are 7 positions you can slide it to.

PNutts
Jun 25, 2013, 11:50 PM
Can anyone who hasn't changed the font size of the OS go into general > accessibility > larger type and tell me what the default position of the slider is? There are 7 positions you can slide it to.

Dead center #4 with Larger Dynamic Type turned off. Turn it on and it's still #4 out of 12.

Bawstun
Jun 26, 2013, 12:40 AM
Dead center #4 with Larger Dynamic Type turned off. Turn it on and it's still #4 out of 12.

Thanks so much! :apple:

gomoq13
Jun 26, 2013, 12:50 AM
I get random resprings on my iPad 3 and iPhone 4S now as well. Also, home screen wallpaper randomly turns black. I didn't experience any of these on beta 1. Now I can't pull down the notification center at home screen too, unless I first swipe a bit to the next page.

VTECaddict
Jun 26, 2013, 01:42 AM
My camera app either crashes itself or crashes the entire phone about 90% of the time now. Notifications still go crazy with sound and vibration when theres multiple uncleared notifications for the same app. Using an iPhone 4S.

NitinNike
Jun 26, 2013, 02:10 AM
Is Siri working for you guys?
-iPhone 5.

Will2145
Jun 26, 2013, 02:33 AM
-iPhone 5.

yes

bbfc
Jun 26, 2013, 02:35 AM
My camera app either crashes itself or crashes the entire phone about 90% of the time now. Notifications still go crazy with sound and vibration when theres multiple uncleared notifications for the same app. Using an iPhone 4S.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. My camera is constantly crashing the phone! I'm using the 4S too.

----------

I get random resprings on my iPad 3 and iPhone 4S now as well. Also, home screen wallpaper randomly turns black. I didn't experience any of these on beta 1. Now I can't pull down the notification center at home screen too, unless I first swipe a bit to the next page.

Happens on my 4S too.

MarkCooz
Jun 26, 2013, 02:43 AM
Hey guys. Was wondering if any of you guys have ran into these bugs that i've experienced upon updating to beta 2.

- When waking up the phone from the lockscreen. The clock would sometimes pop up near the middle and jump straight to the top where it's suppose to be..

- Deleting a City from the Weather app causes it to crash

- The "Define" option doesn't display the definition of a word.

- Keyboard won't switch to the alternate keys when hitting the key... (I always have to either go back to the previous page or close the app then use the keyboard again -- It use to happen in Beta 1 only in Messages app. Now in Beta 2 it happens everywhere occasionally)

- Adding a song/track in a playlist a black/gui glitch happens

I'm sure there's more that i just totally forgot. Writing this at 3:45

leanh1991
Jun 26, 2013, 02:53 AM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one. My camera is constantly crashing the phone! I'm using the 4S too.[COLOR="#808080"]

A reboot will fix that problem. A little bit annoying but it does.

The performance in 4S has been greatly improved, however it still has some minor glitches,such as
- It does lag if you return to Safari from the multi-tasking tray
- Sometimes the Settings app would hang for a while and then crash
- The contact app and Music has not been optimized yet, still freaking lag.
- Spotlight search is still a pain in my *ss, it reminds me of those lagging Android devices everytime I swipe down on springboard.

Hope those glitches will be addressed in next beta.

Dreamer2go
Jun 26, 2013, 02:54 AM
I'm a heavy music guy
so music is my main testing

LOADS of bugs still exist:

1) Search bar sometimes appear, sometimes disappear. Once it disappears, you have to restart Music app to make it appear again.

2) The new "cover flow" when rotating the phone still shows only cover art... doesn't really act like cover flow (I kind of miss cover flow)

3) missing album art when in widescreen mode

4) As reported previously, Now Playing (without bold text) becomes N...ing. Can only fix this with Bold Text

5) As reported previously, home screen's double tap doesnt show clock.

6) Lock screen's time lapse bar is very faulty.... always doesnt work and result in "swipe to unlock"

Will suggest to Apple:
The button "list" in the top right shows "Artist" as well, instead of Album and Playlist

Cheers

NitinNike
Jun 26, 2013, 03:06 AM
yes

Started working for me just after switching to cellular.

rbfshr
Jun 26, 2013, 05:20 AM
Anyone experiencing no notifications after DND has turned off?

jnappleseed
Jun 26, 2013, 05:39 AM
In beta 1 I had a huge bug that would cause the phone to respring EVERY time I held the home button for Siri. After it resprung, I could use Siri only once. If I tried to bring it back up, it had to respring. 1 respring then 1 use. Terrible.

I updated OTA, and I am not experiencing the smoothness that everyone is writing back. I notice a lot of lag when closing and opening the multitasking view, closing and opening apps. But I'll deal with it if I don't have to deal with the resprings anymore

coffeemadmanUK
Jun 26, 2013, 05:47 AM
When I first installed beta 2 I had an issue where none of my notifications were showing on the lock screen.

The fix: restart the phone.

Simple things...

jpg
Jun 26, 2013, 06:00 AM
Anyone having success connecting to a network where you need to accept a wifi certificate?

Works here on iPhone 5 :) Hurray!!!

Sylon
Jun 26, 2013, 06:05 AM
Anyone else getting prompts to log into your iCloud account a lot? I'm all for increased security, but damn.

aDRock1154
Jun 26, 2013, 06:11 AM
I woke up this morning and I had that prompt waiting for me.

It also happens for me every time I reboot the phone.

On a side note, my iCloud backup wasn't being triggered... I had to manually backup this morning after I logged back in.

rbfshr
Jun 26, 2013, 06:18 AM
Is weather not meant to be shown in notification center? I swear it was there in Beta 1 (I rolled back to OS 6 not long after) but I'm not seeing anything now.

Godzirra
Jun 26, 2013, 06:25 AM
Is weather not meant to be shown in notification center? I swear it was there in Beta 1 (I rolled back to OS 6 not long after) but I'm not seeing anything now.

Had the same thing after installing beta2, had to restart my i5 after toggling weather off in notifications, then back on after a restart. Did this 3 times or so, and it came back.

The only problem, is now when i select the weather, it highlights it, opens the weather app, and when i go back to notifications, it's still highlighted.

coffeemadmanUK
Jun 26, 2013, 06:49 AM
Anyone experiencing no notifications after DND has turned off?

It works now in beta 2.

freemini
Jun 26, 2013, 07:02 AM
On my iPad 3, the bookmark bar works fine
Not for me. See pic, it's on but doesn't work (I did close safari before taking pic). I might restore if you say it works for you. Can you pic?
freemini, it worked for justblais. So, you may want to try Reset All Settings. It helped me out with other apps that were giving me trouble. (For instance, I couldn't 'Agree to terms' with Chrome in ANY way - until I RAS. That fixed it for me.)
I doubt that'll fix it. It works if you restore from backup as you don't need to sign in to Twitter anymore. It works on my iPhone 5 from beta 1 and my dad's iPad mini from iOS 6. My iPad 3 hasn't been restored from backup (was jailbroken) and it can't get past the setup process.

rbfshr
Jun 26, 2013, 07:08 AM
It works now in beta 2.

Not for me, had to power cycle. Gonna just disable DND for now.

----------

Had the same thing after installing beta2, had to restart my i5 after toggling weather off in notifications, then back on after a restart. Did this 3 times or so, and it came back.

The only problem, is now when i select the weather, it highlights it, opens the weather app, and when i go back to notifications, it's still highlighted.

Cool, this worked! Couldn't replicate your bug at all though, wouldn't stay highlighted for me ever.

robertkarlsen
Jun 26, 2013, 07:29 AM
beta 2 is worse than 1 for me. more freezing, crashing and power cycling required

Me to. Beta 2 is a disaster. Rolled back to ios 6.1.3 (4S) for now. My appdeveloping will have to wait!

daviddth
Jun 26, 2013, 07:38 AM
-iPhone 5.

Usually, but not always

rrares1996
Jun 26, 2013, 07:51 AM
There is something that drains my iphone's battery. It's an iphone 4, location services, bluetooth, 3g, parallax, background app refresh, all of them are disabled. I fully charged the iphone and I only unlocked it twice to check a missed call. As you can see in the screen shot, it is in stand by for an hour and the usage time is the same, I didn't use my iphone for even 5 minutes.

Appledict
Jun 26, 2013, 07:54 AM
I found something, status bar icons were slightly bigger than home screen's sb icons in beta 1. Now, with beta 2, there's no size difference between home screen and lockscreen's status icons. At least on my ipod. Just me (bug) or everyone else?

Screenshots from iOS 7 beta 1.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6742/00il.png

daijholt
Jun 26, 2013, 08:27 AM
I've noticed how smart iOS 7 is getting, or I just never saw it before because I hardly use facebook.

There was an update in the notification centre from someone's status, and iOS actually attributed an emotion to it. It said Jane Doe is feeling happy then put the status in quotes after it which was about passing a course. It looked something like : Jane Doe is feeling happy: "passed my course!".

Very clever indeed.

darthraige
Jun 26, 2013, 09:08 AM
Anyone else's Podcast App stop working? Was working flawlessly yesterday, today? Nope.

vcao
Jun 26, 2013, 09:13 AM
Anyone else not getting new email notifications (but the badge shows)? I'm not seeing email banners, or on lockscreen or notification center...

Tyler23
Jun 26, 2013, 09:14 AM
Anyone else's Podcast App stop working? Was working flawlessly yesterday, today? Nope.

Mine hasn't worked at all on either beta. When I open it up all I see is black, no content, nothing happens.

SamGabbay
Jun 26, 2013, 09:15 AM
Anyone else not getting new email notifications (but the badge shows)? I'm not seeing email banners, or on lockscreen or notification center...

I had the same issue in all iOS betas... You need to manually go into Settings > Notification Center > Mail > EMAIL ACCOUNT > Turn them all on if you want...

vcao
Jun 26, 2013, 09:26 AM
I had the same issue in all iOS betas... You need to manually go into Settings > Notification Center > Mail > EMAIL ACCOUNT > Turn them all on if you want...

They've already been turned on and off manually. Guess I'll try a clean restore. they were working in b1

----------

Nevermind. :rolleyes: Hard reset cures all...almost

VSMacOne
Jun 26, 2013, 09:29 AM
Are you getting just the added white space with the dock bar or the black status bar, or both came back? Did you have both before?

I'm getting the black status bar. Didn't have the white space issue before.

batting1000
Jun 26, 2013, 09:35 AM
I get a small stutter when swiping between home screen pages when I don't use the default space wallpaper. Reported it and included a video.

VSMacOne
Jun 26, 2013, 09:44 AM
Hey guys. Was wondering if any of you guys have ran into these bugs that i've experienced upon updating to beta 2.

- When waking up the phone from the lockscreen. The clock would sometimes pop up near the middle and jump straight to the top where it's suppose to be..

- Deleting a City from the Weather app causes it to crash

- The "Define" option doesn't display the definition of a word.

I'm sure there's more that i just totally forgot. Writing this at 3:45

Getting all three of these. Just bugs that should be ironed out in future releases.
FYI, Weather won't crash if you delete a city as long as it's not the last one on the list. For instance, I added a few, and then tried to delete some, and it only crashed when I was trying to delete the one at the bottom of the list. Hope this makes sense!

coffeemadmanUK
Jun 26, 2013, 10:14 AM
Not for me, had to power cycle. Gonna just disable DND for now.

----------

Cool, this worked! Couldn't replicate your bug at all though, wouldn't stay highlighted for me ever.

I read your post completely wrong :p My comment was directed at the chap who couldn't access wifi on beta 1 where you had to accept a certificate, which you can do now.

My apologies!

nheilweil
Jun 26, 2013, 10:25 AM
I've noticed how smart iOS 7 is getting, or I just never saw it before because I hardly use facebook.

There was an update in the notification centre from someone's status, and iOS actually attributed an emotion to it. It said Jane Doe is feeling happy then put the status in quotes after it which was about passing a course. It looked something like : Jane Doe is feeling happy: "passed my course!".

Very clever indeed.

Unfortunately, I don't think that iOS 7 is magically interpreting Facebook friends emotions. Facebook rolled out new emoticons in their client so that you can post a status like "Loving iOS 7 beta! -- 😄 feeling happy" and that's what probably showed up in your notifications.

Kohkane
Jun 26, 2013, 10:41 AM
Pretty sure this is a bug, but I'm not recieving banner notifications from messages or facebook or anything. I have to restart my phone to get the working again. Not a big deal, but slightly annoying.

VSMacOne
Jun 26, 2013, 11:16 AM
Pretty sure this is a bug, but I'm not recieving banner notifications from messages or facebook or anything. I have to restart my phone to get the working again. Not a big deal, but slightly annoying.

Have you tried Reset All Settings? I don't have any issues with Notifications, but this reset usually fixes a lot of stuff.

darthraige
Jun 26, 2013, 11:17 AM

I'm now receiving triple banner notifications when I'm in certain apps.

*UPDATE - Hard reset fixed my issue.

daijholt
Jun 26, 2013, 11:26 AM
Unfortunately, I don't think that iOS 7 is magically interpreting Facebook friends emotions. Facebook rolled out new emoticons in their client so that you can post a status like "Loving iOS 7 beta! -- 😄 feeling happy" and that's what probably showed up in your notifications.

I just figured it was analysing key words. Oh well, maybe one day!

Tyler23
Jun 26, 2013, 12:35 PM
Still having major problems with iMessage on beta 2 (well, beta 1 was bad too). Before, an attempted iMessage would send as a text 90% of the time (after a few minutes of not sending at all), wait 5 minutes before sending as an iMessage (9%), and send as an iMessage as normal, immediately, 1% of the time.

As of a few hours ago, it was sending as a text 99% of the time, and as a delayed iMessage the other 1%. Then, all of a sudden, it went to showing text as the default, and will no longer even attempt to send as an imessage and the text window just shows Text Message.

I have tried turning iMessage off and on, logging in and out of iMessage, and restarting my phone. Nothing has worked.

Any advice?

chekz0414
Jun 26, 2013, 12:56 PM
The following bugs are things I've been experiencing on my iPod touch (5th generation) since updating to iOS 7.0 (11A4400f):

~ Dynamic Wallpapers cause SpringBoard to crash, and animations to lag.
WORKAROUND: Set a Static Wallpaper, and turn the Parallax off.

~ Wallpaper menus are slow regardless of which wallpaper is used. (Slow to set wallpapers on lockscreen and homescreen.

~ Siri's translucency in the menu is rough around the edges. Sometimes an issue will occur where Siri is unable to respond, causing SpringBoard to crash.

~ Notification Center and Control Center have issues where they cannot be accessed by a gesture. Notification Center has an issue where the Traffic for frequently visited places do not appear on iPod touch in this build, The previous build this was available as an option.

~ iCloud Keychain sometimes has an issue when enabled, where your Home Wi-Fi network is disabled as soon as enabled, and when device is rebooted, or turned off you MUST enter password for Wi-Fi every time. (fails to auto-connect to main network)

~ Memory Leaks? I have noticed in most of my reports in the Xcode Console that the iPod touch is experiencing frequent Low Memory reports due to SpringBoard regardless of the Wallpaper used etc....

~ Multiple App Crashes:
- Safari: crashes when selecting a favorite site (one of the new defaults apple.com for example)
- Music: crashes when scrubbing through a song sometimes (not always applicable.)
- AppStore: crashes on startup if a SpringBoard crash occurs.
WORKAROUND: Hard Reboot Device (seems to solve this temporarily)

~ iMessage sometimes has an issue of jumbling messages together.
WORKAROUND: Close and Re-Open Messages.app

~ Sometimes Dock can become "duo-toned" if the wallpaper is changed from a still to Dynamic
WORKAROUND: Reboot Device.

I have filed a lot of these on the developer portal already, and have discussed some of these issues. I was just wondering if anyone else had these particular issues as well? I HAVE tried restoring the device in question over THREE different periods.

- iOS 7.0b1 to iOS 7.0b2 OTA
- iOS 6.1.3 DFU and onto iOS 7.0b2
- iOS 7.0 Xcode Restore
- iOS 7.0b2 restored as new.

None of these seem to permanently fix the issues I am having. Hoping they are patched in beta 3. *EDIT* I have chosen to downgrade to 6.1.3 on my iPod touch 5th generation. This beta has caused too much trouble, I believe I have reported everything I was supposed to, to Apple. I will come back once I receive that email that beta 3 has come to the Developer Center.

C DM
Jun 26, 2013, 01:50 PM
I found something, status bar icons were slightly bigger than home screen's sb icons in beta 1. Now, with beta 2, there's no size difference between home screen and lockscreen's status icons. At least on my ipod. Just me (bug) or everyone else?

Screenshots from iOS 7 beta 1.

Image (http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6742/00il.png)
Yeah, the status bar and the information/icons in it are the same size everywhere now in beta 2.

----------

Very clever indeed.It's a Facebook thing, not an iOS thing (even not knowing, that one would typically more likely attribute it being something from Facebook rather than iOS).

iPhone4Jay
Jun 26, 2013, 01:57 PM
Getting this too at random. Reverts to OG iPhone black wallpaper. 419757

I've noticed this as well. Pull out the bug spray.

jason2811
Jun 26, 2013, 01:58 PM

Very clever indeed.

Pretty sure this is a feature that Facebook recently implemented. It's not an iOS feature. https://www.facebook.com/help/427780037309149/

iPhone4Jay
Jun 26, 2013, 02:00 PM
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not I haven't tested it yet. But my test iPhone is my Alarm and I set it for 730am everyday. Today I woke up late for work cause I didnt hear my alarm. Come to find out my iPhones volume was all the way down which affects the alarm from playing loud when it goes off. I dont think this was the case in the past.

Any ideas if this is a bug or not?

HCO
Jun 26, 2013, 02:03 PM
sometimes the time on the lock screen is in the middle of the screen and time in a few seconds will jump back to the top.
you cannot double press the home button from the lock screen to bring up the music controls anymore.
a few restarts on the phone. but it is still better than beta 1. battery seems better as well. still hate the .com button on safari.

filmfanatic24
Jun 26, 2013, 02:06 PM
sometimes the time on the lock screen is in the middle of the screen and time in a few seconds will jump back to the top.

Seeing this quite often myself. You can also swipe up to get it back to normal.