PDA

View Full Version : iOS 7 Beta 2 Bug Fixes & Changes

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

coolio93
Jun 26, 2013, 02:10 PM
Does anyone else think that the animations just make the whole phone feel sluggish? Even with beta 2, the animations just seem to slow everything down.

The animations in ios6 were much faster and I was able to launch multiple apps and click the home button within just a few seconds.

For example, make a bookmark for some website and then put it into a folder. Open the bookmark, click home, and there is about a 1 second delay before you can click on the home screen to exit out of the folder.

Is it just my phone?

Tyler23
Jun 26, 2013, 02:11 PM
Does anyone else think that the animations just make the whole phone feel sluggish? Even with beta 2, the animations just seem to slow everything down.

The animations in ios6 were much faster and I was able to launch multiple apps and click the home button within just a few seconds.

For example, make a bookmark for some website and then put it into a folder. Open the bookmark, click home, and there is about a 1 second delay before you can click on the home screen to exit out of the folder.

Is it just my phone?

It's beta 2, I'm pretty sure these kinds of things have not yet been optimized.

C DM
Jun 26, 2013, 02:12 PM

Is it just my phone?Yeah, there are more and longer animations in iOS 7. Hopefully they will all be improved in one way or another by the time the final version is released.

pdawg17
Jun 26, 2013, 03:15 PM
Works in my BMW now. ios 7 stays

For me, beta 1 worked for my Ford Sync and now with beta 2 none of my car controls work (play/pause, audio skip). Totally broken with beta 2 for me...

gomoq13
Jun 26, 2013, 03:15 PM
I am experiencing blank boxes for thumbnails for most of my photos in Camera Roll. Anyone else have this problem too? This is on an iPhone 4. The photos do open when I click on them, though. 'Reset All Settings' or hard resetting the phone did no difference.

danielceleste
Jun 26, 2013, 06:31 PM
I just noticed this one:

When sorting by artist, you now get the artist's iTunes photo instead of a random album cover. It's still shows album covers for artists without a custom iTunes page, I'm assuming.

Unfortunately, now a lot of my music looks like the same group of 4 or 5 dudes wearing slightly different clothes.

Thanks, I just noticed that earlier today. It makes more sense to me, because before you'd have to guess which album cover to look for.

----------

Whenever you switch languages, the iPhone will crash.

The phone has always resprung upon changing languages. Is that what you mean?

danielceleste
Jun 26, 2013, 06:44 PM
Anybody know how to clear the rather lengthy list of updated apps?

I don't think you can. I think it's supposed to serve as a history from now on, rather than a queue.

----------

I made it up through page 16 and didn't see this mentioned. Apologies if it's in the subsequent pages.

The progress bar in messages is colored according to the type of message being sent (iMessage or text).

That was present in beta 1 as well.

freemini
Jun 26, 2013, 06:44 PM
This looks rather normal. Actually happens a few times per day. Lock and unlock fixes it.

batting1000
Jun 26, 2013, 06:48 PM
This looks rather normal. Actually happens a few times per day. Lock and unlock fixes it.

You mean you don't use your iPad like that? ;)

5t3f4n
Jun 26, 2013, 06:59 PM
The landscape view in Music.app now shows way less album arts for some reason.
It used to be like 50% missing, now it's down to just a couple left.
Also, the text for missing album art is gone.

http://oi40.tinypic.com/wluq85.jpg

ushoda
Jun 26, 2013, 07:17 PM
My camera app either crashes itself or crashes the entire phone about 90% of the time now. Notifications still go crazy with sound and vibration when theres multiple uncleared notifications for the same app. Using an iPhone 4S.

same here, i can't take pictures directly from whatsapp and i HATE those million duplicated, triplicated or even cuadruplicated notifications of the same app/message.

dictoresno
Jun 26, 2013, 07:27 PM
my weather isnt showing in the notification area, but it is on my ipad mini. i thought i saw it appear for a split sec then disappear. anyone else have that?

EDIT: disregard, it finally appeared after the 10th time of pulling the notification menu down.

newguy1234
Jun 26, 2013, 07:50 PM
The landscape view in Music.app now shows way less album arts for some reason.
It used to be like 50% missing, now it's down to just a couple left.
Also, the text for missing album art is gone.

Image (http://oi40.tinypic.com/wluq85.jpg)

I had the same issue. I synced without my music (deleted it all), then synced again to put it all back, and I had all but 2 album covers showing. Then I added the images for the missing two (right click-get info in itunes) and synced again and now I have 100% of my album art.

photogpab
Jun 26, 2013, 07:53 PM
since my battery is worse now than ever, let me just confirm that i performed the "clean install" correctly.

i downloaded the .ipsw file for beta 2, and did option + restore, selected the file, set up as "new phone".

thats all right? because right now i'm at usage of 2 hours and 30 min with only 10% left :(

dictoresno
Jun 26, 2013, 08:08 PM
i did an "update" from 6.1.4 this time around, not a restore. so far battery life for me seems to be on par with ios6.

adrianroam95
Jun 26, 2013, 08:18 PM
Is anyone else experiencing this?
Whenever I tap the search field in Maps, or the directions button, the entire app just crashes.
I've restarted my iPhone and all, but the issue still persists.

darthraige
Jun 26, 2013, 09:38 PM
Mine hasn't worked at all on either beta. When I open it up all I see is black, no content, nothing happens.

Deleted the app and reinstalled. Working again, til it crashes and I repeat. Haha.

*UPDATE - Using the app for 30 minutes, I've lost 40% battery.

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 26, 2013, 09:44 PM
since my battery is worse now than ever, let me just confirm that i performed the "clean install" correctly.

i downloaded the .ipsw file for beta 2, and did option + restore, selected the file, set up as "new phone".

thats all right? because right now i'm at usage of 2 hours and 30 min with only 10% left :(

That is correct. You will have to try and play detective on the rest.

What do you have enabled? What is your signal strength? Have you been using LTE?

It could be something in settings. It could be an app.

I would start in settings. If you don't see an improvement after turning off certain features, remove all your apps. Reinstall one at a time, and note any changes in phone temp and or battery usage.

There could be a lot of things going on under the beta hood.

oklahoma258
Jun 26, 2013, 10:03 PM
Has anyone else noticed that on the lock screen when you are entering your password it says "return" not enter when you are done typing it? Also I would like a bigger icon there to press for enter, it's so small at the bottom? I'm running the beta 2 on my iPhone 4S

juan6245
Jun 26, 2013, 10:23 PM
The following bugs are things I've been experiencing on my iPod touch (5th generation) since updating to iOS 7.0 (11A4400f):

~ Dynamic Wallpapers cause SpringBoard to crash, and animations to lag.
WORKAROUND: Set a Static Wallpaper, and turn the Parallax off.

~ Wallpaper menus are slow regardless of which wallpaper is used. (Slow to set wallpapers on lockscreen and homescreen.

~ Siri's translucency in the menu is rough around the edges. Sometimes an issue will occur where Siri is unable to respond, causing SpringBoard to crash.

~ Notification Center and Control Center have issues where they cannot be accessed by a gesture. Notification Center has an issue where the Traffic for frequently visited places do not appear on iPod touch in this build, The previous build this was available as an option.

~ iCloud Keychain sometimes has an issue when enabled, where your Home Wi-Fi network is disabled as soon as enabled, and when device is rebooted, or turned off you MUST enter password for Wi-Fi every time. (fails to auto-connect to main network)

~ Memory Leaks? I have noticed in most of my reports in the Xcode Console that the iPod touch is experiencing frequent Low Memory reports due to SpringBoard regardless of the Wallpaper used etc....

~ Multiple App Crashes:
- Safari: crashes when selecting a favorite site (one of the new defaults apple.com for example)
- Music: crashes when scrubbing through a song sometimes (not always applicable.)
- AppStore: crashes on startup if a SpringBoard crash occurs.
WORKAROUND: Hard Reboot Device (seems to solve this temporarily)

~ iMessage sometimes has an issue of jumbling messages together.
WORKAROUND: Close and Re-Open Messages.app

I have filed a lot of these on the developer portal already, and have discussed some of these issues. I was just wondering if anyone else had these particular issues as well? I HAVE tried restoring the device in question over THREE different periods.

- iOS 7.0b1 to iOS 7.0b2 OTA
- iOS 6.1.3 DFU and onto iOS 7.0b2
- iOS 7.0 Xcode Restore
- iOS 7.0b2 restored as new.

None of these seem to permanently fix the issues I am having. Hoping they are patched in beta 3.

The issue with the unresponsive Notification Center and Control Center has to do with Apple disabling both of them when using the App Switcher.

I have been able to replicate this many times. Open an app, then double click to access the App Switcher. Attempting to open the Control Center or Notification Center does nothing. Leave the App switcher. At the Home Screen, you should still not be able to open either the Notification Center or Control Center. Moving one page over to the left or right on the home screen resolves the issue. Both NC and CC were enabled in Beta 1 when using the App Switcher, but disabled in Beta 2.

I am also experiencing similar issues on my iPod 5, but this is the only fix I could find for the NC and CC.

Gjwilly
Jun 26, 2013, 10:26 PM
The # of unread items appears in a small font below the updated status on the bottom.

Yes I know.
And after about 3 seconds the unread items text disappears and all of the blue dots signifying unread e-mails disappear.

Abba 701
Jun 26, 2013, 10:30 PM
I had a major problem today on my iphone 5 running beta 2.it would not get off the lock screen just frozen.Had to downgrade back to ios 6.1.4

jozeppy26
Jun 26, 2013, 10:55 PM
sometimes the time on the lock screen is in the middle of the screen and time in a few seconds will jump back to the top.
you cannot double press the home button from the lock screen to bring up the music controls anymore.
a few restarts on the phone. but it is still better than beta 1. battery seems better as well. still hate the .com button on safari.

Omg I hit that button on accident ALL the freaking time. So annoying.

ryanrocks9654
Jun 26, 2013, 11:08 PM
The touch screen on my iPod Touch 5th gen is not responding, even after hard restart.

EDIT: Downgrading...

Abba 701
Jun 26, 2013, 11:10 PM
The touch screen on my iPod Touch 5th gen is not responding, even after hard restart.

Yes this is the problem I had

Camperniki
Jun 26, 2013, 11:44 PM
If my phone crashes, it signs me out of iCloud accounts. Even if I turn it back on, it will sometimes turn itself off and disable my contacts and calendars for no reason. Anyone else having this problem?

----------

Also having problems with gmail. You no longer have the option to delete emails as a default. you default to archiving them (which doesn't even delete them). Can't figure out how to turn that off.

also, if I'm in a text message, and go back to all messages I sometimes get text overlay of the words "Messages" and the name of the person I was just in a conversation with.

having a hard time with pictures syncing too. They used to back themselves up into a folder I selected when I would sync with iTunes. Now they don't and I have to copy paste out of the folder in my phone to the folder on my computer. Anybody else having these problems??

----------

Getting this too at random. Reverts to OG iPhone black wallpaper. 419757

I get this all the time. nice to know I'm not the only one

lyhte
Jun 27, 2013, 01:39 AM
Haven't seen this mentioned nor do I know if it's new to Beta 2. In the weather app, if you tap on the temperature, it displays humidity, chance of rain, wind speed and "feels like" temp. Pretty neat.

VTECaddict
Jun 27, 2013, 02:23 AM
Not bugs, but I hate the signal dots and how the charging indicator is now outside of the battery icon in the status bar. Takes up unnecessary space.

freemini
Jun 27, 2013, 04:50 AM
They should reduce the area for activating control center on iPad significantly. It's just too big right now, I've got a huge screen, I don't need 1cm of detection to get to control center. I was thinking this could be a problem on iPhone but it isn't, it is on iPad though. I swear, iOS 7 on iPad feels like the first build they ever made for it, it's just filled with problems.

Stoffzor
Jun 27, 2013, 04:53 AM
Anyone noticed that the time is moving on the clock icon? :)

nfl46
Jun 27, 2013, 05:45 AM
Anyone noticed that the time is moving on the clock icon? :)

Yep, it was moving in Beta 1 as well.

Sylon
Jun 27, 2013, 06:55 AM
Had to go back to iOS 6 on my iPhone for the time being. Finding out your alarm clock app crashed when you rely on it to wake you up for work isn't a good thing. Luckily I was woken up before my alarm would have gone off and I noticed it. Oh well, stuff like this is expected in betas. But for now, I'll leave the iOS 7 stuff on the iPad.

aldoF
Jun 27, 2013, 07:07 AM
Interesting...my status bar is gone from the lockscreen and springboard but it pops back up when I go into any apps, I'm sure a reboot will correct. 420178

dictoresno
Jun 27, 2013, 07:17 AM
when replying to an email, i noticed the text doesnt wrap once it hits the edge of the screen like it used to. now it continues to scroll right while im typing, like the margins were increased. is this normal? never noticed this before and searched this whole thread and didnt see it mentioned.

daijholt
Jun 27, 2013, 08:06 AM
Not so much a bug, but I notice if you switch off "show on lock screen" for app notifications, it doesn't show in the pull down on the lock screen either. I'd much rather the option to make notifications just go straight to notification center when they sound so I can look at them without unlocking if I want, rather than choosing between cluttering my lock screen, or having to unlock the phone to see them.

Also, new Siri has been much more vocal today for me. It's almost like she's slowly taking over old Siri.

sankyo
Jun 27, 2013, 08:12 AM
Skype just got an update, so hopefully it will work with iOS 7.

*Fingers crossed!*

VSMacOne
Jun 27, 2013, 08:15 AM
when replying to an email, i noticed the text doesnt wrap once it hits the edge of the screen like it used to. now it continues to scroll right while im typing, like the margins were increased. is this normal? never noticed this before and searched this whole thread and didnt see it mentioned.

It happens to me in iMessage when I type after inserting a photo. I don't think it's normal behavior and should be fixed as the iOS7 progresses.

----------

*Fingers crossed!*

Nope. Clicking on the Recent tab still crashes it. Haven't tested the calling yet.

sankyo
Jun 27, 2013, 08:17 AM
Nope. Clicking on the Recent tab still crashes it. Haven't tested the calling yet.

:(

sankyo
Jun 27, 2013, 08:37 AM
The transitions are a little weird, if you choose an app from the Spotlight search, it does it's little animation to take you into the app.

You don't notice anything usually, but when you have notifications on the screen, you get this:

http://i40.tinypic.com/cp7yu.jpg

Wouldn't you expect it to be retina?

aDRock1154
Jun 27, 2013, 09:21 AM
Anyone having issues with Location-Based Reminders? Normal reminders are working fine, but location based did not work yesterday.

All of my settings are correct for this to work. Bug?

HCO
Jun 27, 2013, 09:28 AM
On lock screen while music is play the top controls don't work like to pause the music or to go to next track

nheilweil
Jun 27, 2013, 09:28 AM
I notice that holding down the < or > buttons at the bottom of Safari to page back or page forward no longer pops up a history list. So in way to quickly shoot back several pages to an earlier point.

petvas
Jun 27, 2013, 09:33 AM

*Fingers crossed!*

It still doesn't work

nheilweil
Jun 27, 2013, 09:37 AM
On lock screen while music is play the top controls don't work like to pause the music or to go to next track

Works here. [AT&T iPhone 5]

sankyo
Jun 27, 2013, 09:37 AM
It still doesn't work

Yeah, I know. It's one of those autocrash apps.

apollo1444
Jun 27, 2013, 09:48 AM
Works here. [AT&T iPhone 5]

no it doesn't work, sometimes it lags or the hitpoints required to press those buttons just don't work you have to tap your life on there to make it work

PedroDias
Jun 27, 2013, 09:53 AM
Yes this is the problem I had

I had the same problem. After 3 times turning my iPhone on and off it just started working again.

nheilweil
Jun 27, 2013, 10:28 AM
The transitions are a little weird, if you choose an app from the Spotlight search, it does it's little animation to take you into the app.

You don't notice anything usually, but when you have notifications on the screen...Wouldn't you expect it to be retina?

Yes! It's the red badge on an icon. Right after reading your post, I got a badge on one of my apps and now I see this all the time. It's a really slow animation and very low res.

----------

Is everyone else having a problem with tapping to select when you are in this forums message box? The darn magnifying glass jumping all around and your cursor never ending up where you want it?!

Jasperjax
Jun 27, 2013, 10:37 AM
I can't get Podcasts or eBay to open properly. Anyone else having issues with these two apps?

vinitmenon
Jun 27, 2013, 10:43 AM

happened with me when i updated to beta 2. then i restarted and it started working. but sometimes it doesnt work. so its a bug

nheilweil
Jun 27, 2013, 10:52 AM
I can't get Podcasts or eBay to open properly. Anyone else having issues with these two apps?

eBay's busted for everyone.

Podcasts seem to be hit or miss with folks. There was an update to the Podcast app recently so make sure you've got the latest. I use the Podcast app every day and never had a problem with beta 1 or 2.

Gogurt48
Jun 27, 2013, 11:04 AM
Not so much a bug, but I notice if you switch off "show on lock screen" for app notifications, it doesn't show in the pull down on the lock screen either.

I wasn't able to find "show on lock screen" in iOS 7. Can you tell me where it is?

(P.S. I wish there were a way to search the settings. It's not always obvious where certain controls are)

vinitmenon
Jun 27, 2013, 11:06 AM
I wasn't able to find "show on lock screen" in iOS 7. Can you tell me where it is?

(P.S. I wish there were a way to search the settings. It's not always obvious where certain controls are)

it is at the same place where it was on ios6...

settings>notification centre> go to particular app u need to change notification for... show on lockscreen option at the end of that page.

daijholt
Jun 27, 2013, 11:41 AM

settings>notification centre> go to particular app u need to change notification for... show on lockscreen option at the end of that page.

Yep, right there ^^

I don't think VPN's are too well optimised yet either. I'm not sure how much impact it can actually have, but since installing a VPN profile my battery has taken a hammering!

bushido
Jun 27, 2013, 12:02 PM
i hate how big the silly notification thing is. even bigger than on iOS6, is that a bug? it should move down the screen a little so you can still reach the "buttons" of your open app. its very frustrating when you try to leave a page on your app but you get like 5 imessages one after another and you have to wait for them to go away so you can finally click the button on the app.

matty.p
Jun 27, 2013, 12:26 PM
i hate how big the silly notification thing is. even bigger than on iOS6, is that a bug? it should move down the screen a little so you can still reach the "buttons" of your open app. its very frustrating when you try to leave a page on your app but you get like 5 imessages one after another and you have to wait for them to go away so you can finally click the button on the app.

You can swipe away the notification bar instead of waiting just grab and pull up

jasperk99
Jun 27, 2013, 12:41 PM
I just noticed the Alarm Clock no longer has a weekday only option under the repeat menu, probably a bug, but thought I would post it.......

5t3f4n
Jun 27, 2013, 01:19 PM
1) grab lock screen and swipe all the way to the right
2) release but quickly touch the display again
3) swipe the lock screen back to the left
4) you now have your home screen wallpaper as lock screen wallpaper :D

It stays like this until you properly unlock and lock again.
Pressing the power button to shut off the screen does not reset it.

iPhone4Jay
Jun 27, 2013, 01:19 PM
I just noticed the Alarm Clock no longer has a weekday only option under the repeat menu, probably a bug, but thought I would post it.......

I also had a problem with my alarm not going off because I had my volume turned down. not good. late to work.

I told them I wasn't an hour late. Just 23 hours early for tomorrow.

junior0717
Jun 27, 2013, 01:40 PM
I've had some bugs on beta 2.

1) brightness dims all the way down. Have to manually set brightness to see anything on screen.

2) very laggy when scrolling thru homescreen. (Yes i restored as new. No, I did not restore from any backup.)

3) safari tabs bug out. When flipping thru tabs, safari freezes and closes down. (See attached picture)

4) after killing apps for any sort of troubleshooting, if i hard reset the phone, full list off previously closed apps still appear.

5) apple maps freezes on its own. Have an address that I cant take out of the search bar. When I click the x to erase it, maps crashes.

Beta 2 has been buggier than beta 1. Glad this isnt my primary phone. Will try a full restore again to beta 2 to see if this fixes it.

shandyman
Jun 27, 2013, 02:52 PM

It never did, did it? I am sure that the only had each day of the week and when you select each day of the week, it then said weekdays. That's what I did before, it then says weekdays, same as now on iOS 7

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/28/7y4usute.jpg

mainer4101
Jun 27, 2013, 03:04 PM
It never did, did it? I am sure that the only had each day of the week and when you select each day of the week, it then said weekdays. That's what I did before, it then says weekdays, same as now on iOS 7

Image (http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/28/7y4usute.jpg)

You just don't trust that snooze button, do you? ;)

AbSoluTc
Jun 27, 2013, 03:10 PM

It stays like this until you properly unlock and lock again.
Pressing the power button to shut off the screen does not reset it.

Lol. Just did this. Funny :)

Gogurt48
Jun 27, 2013, 03:11 PM

Thanks. I didn't know where it was in iOS 6 either. I don't think I've ever used it.

Hollowman
Jun 27, 2013, 03:35 PM
Do you guys think we'll get the new ibooks icon?

briankeith513
Jun 27, 2013, 03:43 PM
Yeah, I've been getting freezing, and random reboots with beta 2. Also, when you double tap the home button, music is no longer an option as it was before ios7

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 27, 2013, 03:45 PM

iHope.

dsiiist
Jun 27, 2013, 03:48 PM

Dude I was just thinking about the same thing, it might sync with the iTunes and AppStore icons just like on mavericks

Hollowman
Jun 27, 2013, 03:56 PM
Dude I was just thinking about the same thing, it might sync with the iTunes and AppStore icons just like on mavericks

Hopefully. I have iBooks on my home screen and it's the only icon that is looking out of place really.

matt2053
Jun 27, 2013, 04:14 PM
Yeah, I've been getting freezing, and random reboots with beta 2. Also, when you double tap the home button, music is no longer an option as it was before ios7

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Music controls have been moved to Control Center.

Yun0
Jun 27, 2013, 04:15 PM
skype was updated today to version 4.9, does it still crash on beta 2?

shandyman
Jun 27, 2013, 04:17 PM
skype was updated today to version 4.9, does it still crash on beta 2?

Yup

BigMar89
Jun 27, 2013, 04:30 PM
Do videos on Instagram not play most of the time for anyone? Sometimes the video never plays and I would have to keep refreshing or navigate away from the page for them to work (videos seem to always work on my 4S 6.1.3)

Also, when playing music and getting notifications at the lock screen, when wanting to "Slide To View" a specific notification it never takes you to that app instead it takes you to the home screen. It only does this when playing music. (I think it has to do with the music controls always visible at the lock screen)

newguy1234
Jun 27, 2013, 04:38 PM
I had a major problem today on my iphone 5 running beta 2.it would not get off the lock screen just frozen.Had to downgrade back to ios 6.1.4

This happened to me today on lunch break at work. Couldn't swipe the lockscreen, couldn't swipe control center or notification center, couldn't even swipe to power off.

Did a hard reset, twice, and still couldn't swipe anything on the lockscreen. Figured I was looking at a useless phone until I could go home and restore or whatever.

But I held the home button to use Siri, had her launch an app (Twitter, but I don't think it matters), closed the app, and then everything was back to normal.

Geaux
Jun 27, 2013, 06:11 PM
Ipad mini here.

Anyone having an issue with multitasking option totally disappearing? When I double click HOME or 4 finger swipe up, it looks like the multitask window but it's empty and only showing the wallpaper. If I restart, it's fine but all my apps open pre-restart are in the list. Since download and clean install, this has happened about 4 or 5 times.

nikrizal
Jun 27, 2013, 07:52 PM
Ipad mini here.

Anyone having an issue with multitasking option totally disappearing? When I double click HOME or 4 finger swipe up, it looks like the multitask window but it's empty and only showing the wallpaper. If I restart, it's fine but all my apps open pre-restart are in the list. Since download and clean install, this has happened about 4 or 5 times.

Happened to me several times on iPad 2. Restart the iPad should solve the issue

Camperniki
Jun 28, 2013, 02:06 AM
Instagram working for anyone?

Pictures work now but videos are pretty hit and miss for me

Camperniki
Jun 28, 2013, 02:36 AM
Anyone else getting prompts to log into your iCloud account a lot? I'm all for increased security, but damn.

I get that everytime my phone reboots itself. If you ignore it, it takes all your information stored in iCloud out of your phone. Although I will be signed it and it will (for no reason I can see) delete my iCloud email from the app and turn off my calendars and contacts.

Camperniki
Jun 28, 2013, 02:55 AM
Didn't see this mentioned but when you get a missed call, the screen stays lit up until you lock it. I got a missed call and kept looking at my phone and after about 3 minutes, the screen was still lit up & showing me I had missed the call. Also get that bug if someone calls you and you hit ignore (when the ignore option even comes up)

dictoresno
Jun 28, 2013, 03:11 AM
Didn't see this mentioned but when you get a missed call, the screen stays lit up until you lock it. I got a missed call and kept looking at my phone and after about 3 minutes, the screen was still lit up & showing me I had missed the call. Also get that bug if someone calls you and you hit ignore (when the ignore option even comes up)

i just tried this but calling myself from my work number and the phone dimmed out after 10-15 seconds. im unable to reproduce this bug.

one thing i definitely noticed is that some people get bugs whereas others dont. i suggest doing a few good reboots before assuming bug or not. people are usually able to correct errors and one off issues by rebooting.

zerozoneice
Jun 28, 2013, 03:27 AM

i confirm that behavior

abshole765
Jun 28, 2013, 07:33 AM
Things I've experienced:

Unresponsive Screen
Flickering Screen
Music app crashes so many times I've lost count
While locked & playing music, coverart is behind the arrow for Control Center or w/e
Entering into apps from the task switcher is still a bit laggy
I've had every app I open immediately crash (music, mail, chrome, safari)
Entering into the app & waiting for it to refresh takes ages
Closing apps is quite touchy
Echofon has overlaying text & photo issues (is okay after scrolling past)
Safari & Chrome screens still don't slide as you enter text in a box
Still unable to view individual photos on a map if multiple are taken at that location (Photos IMO needs major work)
Plex crashes
Jawbone UP: cannot sync data
If you write a Note that requires scrolling, the last line is cut off from the screen

nudoru
Jun 28, 2013, 07:37 AM
I'm ok with some bugs and glitches, but the biggest issue for me didn't occur on beta 1 - when then headphones are plugged in, the phone won't ring only vibrate. When I try to answer by sliding the screen, it's unresponsive, and the ear bud button' won't answer either. After a few times at either one, it will answer the call, but neither me or the person on the other end can hear each other.

This also occurs to a lesser extend when I get any incoming call. I can make outgoing calls OK, but the proximity sensor is flakey and my check will usually hit Facetime or speaker.

I initially did the delta upgrade and experienced this, and did a restore and the issue persisted.

This is a deal breaker for me since I'm job hunting right now and my dev device is primary. Going back to 6.1.4 until beta 3.

bad03xtreme
Jun 28, 2013, 07:40 AM
I have noticed after I hang up a call that I answer from the lock screen the phone will not got back into standby mode. It just sits with the lock screen up unless I press the top button.

interlaced
Jun 28, 2013, 12:42 PM
Does anyone use Slice? It's been a while since I've last used it but doesn't seem to want to work on b2.

JonnieLott
Jun 28, 2013, 03:53 PM
iPhone 4 here.
I tried to use it, but got multiple notifications from a few apps. Does anyone know how to fix this? Tried hard reset but it came back.
Don't know if anyone else has asked, but going through 34 pages is taking too much time.:p

nheilweil
Jun 28, 2013, 05:31 PM
Failed trying to install a VPN profile from work. Couldn't get it to work in beta 1 eiher.

I got to the screen "Installing this profile will change settings on your iPhone." After I hit the "Install Now" button, put in my Passcode and then got the error message "Profile Installation Failed Your iPhone is not activated."

Anone have a similar installing a VPN profile?

aheying7
Jun 28, 2013, 05:37 PM
I know we!re just in beta right now, but how sluggish will iOS be on the iPad 3?

Zeeshee
Jun 28, 2013, 05:52 PM
What's this in iOS 7?

iapplelove
Jun 28, 2013, 06:03 PM
I know we!re just in beta right now, but how sluggish will iOS be on the iPad 3?

Seems like hit or miss with any iPad. I use an extra iPad 3 to run iOS 7 and it's pretty damn smooth lol. In fact when it does start to act up I have to remind my self it's a beta. I would suggest doing a clean install.

casjohnr
Jun 28, 2013, 06:15 PM
I think I had a Beta 2 bug on my iPhone 5 this evening.

Basically my battery was low so the "20% of battery remaining" notification popped up on the screen but vanished before I hit dismiss. Upon trying to use my touch screen after this it just wouldn't work.

As soon as I charged it up my touch screen started working again.

Essentially I think the notification got 'stuck' behind the lock screen and wouldn't clear until I got the charge past 20%. (Even by holding down the Sleep and Home button to restart wouldn't resolve the issue)

darthraige
Jun 28, 2013, 07:07 PM
Mine hasn't worked at all on either beta. When I open it up all I see is black, no content, nothing happens.

After further testing with the Podcast app, I have to keep deleting and installing it to get it to work. Works when it wants to. Not sure if something else is conflicting with it.

batting1000
Jun 28, 2013, 07:18 PM
What's this in iOS 7?

The (buggy) definition screen that comes up when you define a word.

CharismaticNerd
Jun 28, 2013, 08:40 PM
Pictures work now but videos are pretty hit and miss for me

Thanks dude

Krissypantz2828
Jun 28, 2013, 08:41 PM
iOS 7 beta 2 is definitely worse in my opinion

aimee.elizabeth
Jun 28, 2013, 09:26 PM
Some recent bugs for me are:

When in the stock mail app, sometimes the bottom bar will disappear and that prevents me from replying to mail or creating new ones, very irritating. A hard reboot fixed it, and it hasn't popped up again.

A lot of times my text notifications won't come through when I'm playing Angry Birds (not sure if it happens with other apps too), even though I have notifications for messages on, and a banner is supposed to appear. Only when I pause the game or exit out of it, will I get the text notification.

Jayjayy
Jun 28, 2013, 10:05 PM
I think I had a Beta 2 bug on my iPhone 5 this evening.

Basically my battery was low so the "20% of battery remaining" notification popped up on the screen but vanished before I hit dismiss. Upon trying to use my touch screen after this it just wouldn't work.

As soon as I charged it up my touch screen started working again.

Essentially I think the notification got 'stuck' behind the lock screen and wouldn't clear until I got the charge past 20%. (Even by holding down the Sleep and Home button to restart wouldn't resolve the issue)

I have experienced this bug as well not too long ago(20 mins ago). I couldn't unlock my phone when it was at about 15% but when I charged my phone and it got passed 20% it made a noise as if I plugged it into the charger, screen blinked and I was able to use my phone again

batting1000
Jun 28, 2013, 10:17 PM
Just had a really weird issue where my phone locked up and lagged unbelievably bad. Screen got stuck on the screenshot white flash. Went to iTunes to restore it and when it finished, it booted back up with all my stuff still on it like nothing ever happened...

Krissypantz2828
Jun 28, 2013, 10:20 PM
Just had a really weird issue where my phone locked up and lagged unbelievably bad. Screen got stuck on the screenshot white flash. Went to iTunes to restore it and when it finished, it booted back up with all my stuff still on it like nothing ever happened...

Yah weird things are happening with mine as well!

Yun0
Jun 29, 2013, 02:31 AM
Yup

thank you.

daijholt
Jun 29, 2013, 03:52 AM
Anyone els's Siri stopped working in the last 24 hours? On my iPad she's working fine, but on my iphone 5 all I get now is "I can't take any requests right now".

I reset all settings and that fixed it, but when I put all my settings back to how they were, she's stopped working again.

Unless its something widespread, I gotta figure something in my settings disagrees with Siri all of a sudden.

Krissypantz2828
Jun 29, 2013, 04:15 AM
Anyone els's Siri stopped working in the last 24 hours? On my iPad she's working fine, but on my iphone 5 all I get now is "I can't take any requests right now".

I reset all settings and that fixed it, but when I put all my settings back to how they were, she's stopped working again.

Unless its something widespread, I gotta figure something in my settings disagrees with Siri all of a sudden.

No mines working

hamiltonDSi
Jun 29, 2013, 04:36 AM

Lol. You got a lot of free time.

daviddth
Jun 29, 2013, 05:52 AM
After further testing with the Podcast app, I have to keep deleting and installing it to get it to work. Works when it wants to. Not sure if something else is conflicting with it.

Same here. Gave up and used iCatcher, but it does not access the Podcasts already on the iPhone, so I have 2 copies... Oh well I can always watch the video podcasts on the iPad 3 lol

fleeper
Jun 29, 2013, 07:57 AM
I'm ok with some bugs and glitches, but the biggest issue for me didn't occur on beta 1 - when then headphones are plugged in, the phone won't ring only vibrate. When I try to answer by sliding the screen, it's unresponsive, and the ear bud button' won't answer either. After a few times at either one, it will answer the call, but neither me or the person on the other end can hear each other.

This is the same bug I am experiencing right now. I can hit the answer button the screen and nothing happens usually and if it does work me and the person calling cannot hear each other. I am considering going back to 6 because of this but also debating trying to ride it out another week in case beta 3 comes out.

daviddth
Jun 29, 2013, 08:49 AM

Same here for last 10 or so hours. 1 request went through in that time, but the rest have failed

daijholt
Jun 29, 2013, 09:12 AM
Same here for last 10 or so hours. 1 request went through in that time, but the rest have failed

Mine has randomly started working now, but for how long is anybody's guess. My colleague also has the same issue on and off as well on his iPhone 5. Perculier.

jnappleseed
Jun 29, 2013, 10:50 AM
Has anyone else had trouble with lyrics showing up in the music app? The app seems to ignore spacing and shows the lyrics all bunched up together

Smith288
Jun 29, 2013, 07:15 PM

Clicking the Repeat option you can then say "Every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday"

applelover1016
Jun 29, 2013, 07:49 PM
Just wondering if a dev can do me a favor, can you send feedback to apple to please implement quick reply somewhere in ios 7, i jailbroke for this alone in ios 6, thanks to anyone who can help:D

darthraige
Jun 29, 2013, 10:56 PM
Same here. Gave up and used iCatcher, but it does not access the Podcasts already on the iPhone, so I have 2 copies... Oh well I can always watch the video podcasts on the iPad 3 lol

I dropped iOS 7 beta 2. Started to get real glitchy. Forgot how fast the iPhone 5 was with iOS 6. I'll most likely make the jump to beta 3 when it arrives.

SanjeevRana
Jun 29, 2013, 11:56 PM
One more change seems to be in how Battery Usage is now reported ... seems like some background tasks are now omitted giving a lower read ...

I used phone normally meaning emails, browsing and stuff ... on iOS 6 this would have read 4-5 hours of use but only 1-2 hours on this beta..

daijholt
Jun 30, 2013, 05:54 PM
I've recently noticed a huge drop in performance on my iPad Mini; Safari crashes at the slightest load, and videos in-browser are totally out of the question. Nothing I didn't expect though from the first release, but performance was atually decent in Beta 1 for iPhone and Beta 2 has been absolutely rapid.

socceryo3
Jun 30, 2013, 07:04 PM
Does anyone happen to have access to or a link to the actual change log for beta 2? The only place on the entire internet I can find that even posted one is BGR, and the one they posted saying that it is for beta 2 is clearly not, because it mentions things such as the new Siri voices and the Voice Memos app not being available in this seed, all of which is clearly in beta 2. Everything else seems to reference the BGR article.

cdcrowell
Jun 30, 2013, 07:55 PM
anyone had problem with the screen freezing.3 times ive had the screen freeze and i do a hard reset and it never gets past the spinning screen .restore is the only option

HarryAinslie
Jul 1, 2013, 09:40 AM
- A notification banner is now presented upon the failure of a message to send

I got this at the weekend! I'm in LOVE!!!!

nheilweil
Jul 1, 2013, 11:37 AM
My mail folders went back to the defaults on their own this morning. I had been displaying the awesome new Unread folder as well as a bunch of others. Not a big deal but buggy.

Also, Siri is really sorry but can't take any requests right now. Anyone else having luck with her (or the new "him" Siri which is just wrong!)?

bossm4
Jul 2, 2013, 03:23 AM
Hi there!

I had lot of problems with GPS on iOS 7 beta 1 for iPhone 4. The problem appears with all the navigation apps, Tomtom, Waze, Maps, etc...

Do you know guys if beta 2 solve this problems??

Thank you!!!

hidefguy
Jul 2, 2013, 01:03 PM
ebay app just updated, now works with ios7.

gforce216
Jul 2, 2013, 02:00 PM
Does anyone else have trouble browsing websites with persistent toolbars on the iPad? If you go to a site like the verge or IGN, the persistent bar is glitched in the wrong position. Just wanted to see if you guys encountered a similar bug and if a fix was possible in the settings somewhere. Thanks.

Stupotpot
Jul 2, 2013, 02:42 PM
Ebay seems to work on Beta 2 after the most recent app update to 3.0.2

shandyman
Jul 2, 2013, 03:00 PM
Ebay seems to work on Beta 2 after the most recent app update to 3.0.2

Yip the guy posted about it 2 posts up pointes it out. Working fine now.

AppleNewsTech
Jul 2, 2013, 09:33 PM
The iTunes app now is listed as "iTunes Store" instead of just "iTunes" as in iOS 6. I'm sure that this was to create more uniformity as other reports have stated as a goal of iOS 7

Will2145
Jul 2, 2013, 10:23 PM
why is my siri not working anymore? it kseeps saying it can't take any requests, and what is this siriviewservice under location services?

nvm now siri works

dictoresno
Jul 2, 2013, 10:33 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the iPhone is checking the location for weather like every 5 minutes? Every time I pick up my phone, it has the location arrow in the status bar. Going into Privacy - Location Services and turning off weather makes the icon go away from the status bar, confirming it is weather and not some other app.

I noticed this even with background refresh turned off. Was yours turned on?

Dreamer2go
Jul 2, 2013, 10:46 PM

mine is off
it's draining my battery badly

dictoresno
Jul 2, 2013, 11:21 PM
mine is off
it's draining my battery badly

Yea mine is off and it's draining mine too

sosinsurr
Jul 3, 2013, 12:54 AM
question about twitter and facebook...

is it no longer possible with ios7 to post from your notification center to our twitter or facebook?

shandyman
Jul 3, 2013, 01:44 AM
My autocomplete & autocorrect stopped working yesterday, but definitely turned on in settings.

Holmes88
Jul 3, 2013, 01:46 AM
Really drains the battery fast. I could normally go 8-9 hours with here and there things. Now lucky to make it 4 hours. :(

petvas
Jul 3, 2013, 01:54 AM

is it no longer possible with ios7 to post from your notification center to our twitter or facebook?

No, it's not. Maybe it will come back, but I doubt it..

shandyman
Jul 3, 2013, 01:55 AM
Really drains the battery fast. I could normally go 8-9 hours with here and there things. Now lucky to make it 4 hours. :(

A having battery issues until i started clearing apps out the multi tasking, as some app was causing it. Since then i've unplugged at 6am, gotten home at 7pm with 20%

eastamherstbias
Jul 3, 2013, 02:14 AM
My issues....they seem to have gotten worse with b2.

Can't unlock my phone under 20%. I have to charge it to unlock it.

Can't change my voicemail.

Flashlight won't work sometimes

Reboots answering calls

Drops calls

fast battery drain

Does not give me option to decline a call. Some times it shows it but not usually.

Iradio can't play 5 songs in a row without crashing.

Holmes88
Jul 3, 2013, 02:38 AM
Also the wallpaper on the home screen will turn just black all the time. Even with just a regular picture.

gomoq13
Jul 3, 2013, 02:40 AM
Also the wallpaper on the home screen will turn just black all the time. Even with just a regular picture.

Used to be the case for my iPad 3. Instead of that behaviour, now it just shows the homescreen wallpaper without any icons, status bar or whatsoever. I have to hard reset my iPad 3 to make it all okay again.

treichert
Jul 3, 2013, 08:16 AM
Has anyone else noticed that the iPhone is checking the location for weather like every 5 minutes? Every time I pick up my phone, it has the location arrow in the status bar. Going into Privacy - Location Services and turning off weather makes the icon go away from the status bar, confirming it is weather and not some other app.

That is how it's designed to work. It's checking your location BECAUSE you picked up the phone and activated the screen.

darkknight14
Jul 3, 2013, 10:34 AM
I'm finding BETA 2 has fixed a lot, and broke a lot (I know and accept its expected with a early BETA)

My main issue is connection dropouts when on a call, even though I have good signal coverage, this is something that I didn't experience in BETA 1.

Here's to BETA 3 anyway.

nheilweil
Jul 3, 2013, 11:27 AM

Flashlight is greyed out and not selectable if your battery is under 20%

Jakimo
Jul 3, 2013, 01:40 PM
Hi there!

I had lot of problems with GPS on iOS 7 beta 1 for iPhone 4. The problem appears with all the navigation apps, Tomtom, Waze, Maps, etc...

Do you know guys if beta 2 solve this problems??

Thank you!!!

With clean install and reset of all settings, beta 2 is solid in GPS tasks. Navigon is still broken, but Maps and Waze work fine...

nheilweil
Jul 3, 2013, 08:20 PM
Flashlight is greyed out and not selectable if your battery is under 20%

Turns out I have you bogus info. After days if my flashlight being greyed out when I was on low power, it worked fine today at 3% battery. Not sure which state is the bug!

vinitmenon
Jul 3, 2013, 09:00 PM
Turns out I have you bogus info. After days if my flashlight being greyed out when I was on low power, it worked fine today at 3% battery. Not sure which state is the bug!

maybe it allowed u to use flashlight so that u could find out your charger :P

sosinsurr
Jul 4, 2013, 12:18 AM
How many people are experiencing being locked onto their lock screen and not being able to swipe to open, power off, etc?

Anyone found a quick work around so you can access your phone? Or is it just a "wait-it-out" kind of deal? That's what I've had to do each time.

gomoq13
Jul 4, 2013, 12:30 AM
Anyone else having issues where you can't bring down the notification center or bring up the control center unless you first swipe a bit to the next page? I have this issues on all my iDevices. This wasn't happeneing in beta 1. I've already tried resetting all settings and clean installing the iOS. Hmm ...

Camperniki
Jul 4, 2013, 12:58 AM
Had to go back to iOS 6 on my iPhone for the time being. Finding out your alarm clock app crashed when you rely on it to wake you up for work isn't a good thing. Luckily I was woken up before my alarm would have gone off and I noticed it. Oh well, stuff like this is expected in betas. But for now, I'll leave the iOS 7 stuff on the iPad.

I've had this too and not even the default alarm app >.<

----------

I've been getting a lot of that myself but only recently

----------

My issues....they seem to have gotten worse with b2.

Can't unlock my phone under 20%. I have to charge it to unlock it.

Can't change my voicemail.

Reboots answering calls

Drops calls

fast battery drain

Does not give me option to decline a call. Some times it shows it but not usually.

Iradio can't play 5 songs in a row without crashing.

It's weird. Some calls I get that option and some calls I don't. Haven't been able to figure out why

Camperniki
Jul 4, 2013, 01:09 AM
I recently purchased a new book in iBooks but it didn't fully download all the pages. It will say it's the last page in a chapter but end mid sentence. Anyone else having these problems? Never had them before

bossm4
Jul 4, 2013, 06:24 AM
With clean install and reset of all settings, beta 2 is solid in GPS tasks. Navigon is still broken, but Maps and Waze work fine...

Thank you very much!

nheilweil
Jul 4, 2013, 04:46 PM
maybe it allowed u to use flashlight so that u could find out your charger :P

Hahaha...you won't believe this, but that's exactly what I did use it for! Too funny.

vinitmenon
Jul 4, 2013, 06:57 PM
Hahaha...you won't believe this, but that's exactly what I did use it for! Too funny.

lmao... un-believable.... i guess iphone used it light sensor to sense its dark and allowed u to use ur flashlight.. :P

eastamherstbias
Jul 5, 2013, 01:32 AM
How many people are experiencing being locked onto their lock screen and not being able to swipe to open, power off, etc?

Anyone found a quick work around so you can access your phone? Or is it just a "wait-it-out" kind of deal? That's what I've had to do each time.

The only way is to charge it above 20%

freemini
Jul 5, 2013, 02:45 AM
The only way is to charge it above 20%

If it's the same reason this happens on iPad, I've heard using Siri to open an app dismisses the invisible battery warning.

pduncan56
Jul 5, 2013, 05:06 AM
Please bring back cover flow in ios7

kmichalec
Jul 5, 2013, 12:40 PM

What do you mean Navigon is broken? Been using it every day back and forth to work for the last 5 days, with no issues on m iP5 with iOS7 b2.

t0264
Jul 5, 2013, 02:28 PM
Main issues I've noticed are
1) Double notifications in some apps like Twitter, Snapchat etc
2) Music app sometimes crashes or the music doesn't play requiring a double restart of the app
3) The spinning Springboard wheel sometimes comes up at when booting up the phone
4) Siri often can't connect
5) The touch screen sometimes stops responding requiring a hard reset

Anyone else experienced issues 3/5?

HowEver
Jul 5, 2013, 06:53 PM
Same here, Navigon is fine.

What do you mean Navigon is broken? Been using it every day back and forth to work for the last 5 days, with no issues on m iP5 with iOS7 b2.

jnappleseed
Jul 5, 2013, 07:48 PM

I had to completely disable weather in location services. That was the only fix

----------

That is how it's designed to work. It's checking your location BECAUSE you picked up the phone and activated the screen.

No, I don't think you understand. When I am watching a movie or video, the screen is unlocked for 20+ minutes and it's checking the location every 5 minutes; not just when I unlock the phone.

Jakimo
Jul 5, 2013, 09:50 PM

Hm.

I ran completely clean install for beta 1, Navigon USA/Canada simply crashes on launch. Updated to beta 2, same results - and I've seen others post the same.

Did you restore with past settings? I'd love to have it working.. I remember for example, I couldn't get past License agreement after clean Chrome install until I Reset all settings. That fix didn't work for Navigon for me.

Suggestions?

Jakimo
Jul 6, 2013, 12:40 AM
Here's another thread, many folks can't get Navigon working...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1601346

daviddth
Jul 6, 2013, 01:29 AM
Here is one for someone out there to check please

Start a personal hotspot and connect a PC to it (I used Bluetooth here)
On the iPhone open Facebook app and try and click the friend request, messages or Notification icons on the top row of the app.

I could not click on the icons at all, but I dont think I ever tried this on iOS6 to see if it works ok there, but seems to fail on 7. If others can confirm it I'll submit it as a bug, but it could simply be a facebook issue so I'll also let them know

Thanks

Perth12
Jul 6, 2013, 10:21 AM
Using an iPhone 4s with ios 7 b2 installed the zoom feature doesn't work with the front camera. "pinching" the screen reveals the standard bar with slider to change the zoom level however moving this back and forth has no effect on the video or the real time display.

HowEver
Jul 6, 2013, 01:15 PM
The Google Translate app won't work for me in iOS 7 (so I used Safari and translate.google.com instead).

cwosigns
Jul 6, 2013, 01:52 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but when in a phone call, the call status bar obscures you top part of the calendar where all-day events are. I was on the phone with my doctor trying to schedule an appointment, and almost scheduled it during an out-of-state vacation. Luckily, I looked at my work phone (GS3) and saw that I was going to be away.

Looking forward to these UI things getting fixed in a future beta or final release.

kamalaggi
Jul 6, 2013, 05:13 PM
I have another issue with Beta 2

If I sync with iTunes all my music gets deleted off my phone and have to put it back on again.

I did a clean install of Beta 2. Wondering of anyone else has this problem.

DmbShn41
Jul 7, 2013, 12:53 PM
Not sure if this has come up before, but if you're in the Contacts app, search for a contact. When the list narrows down to just the search criteria, there is no way to get out of the search, no back button, cancel, and clicking in the area where you typed, results in nothing. Only way I have found to make Contacts usable again is to kill the app in multitask. Sorry if this has been hashed already.

Pank9j
Jul 7, 2013, 02:35 PM

Not possible as of now! Maybe next beta's let us do that!

Jakimo
Jul 7, 2013, 02:36 PM
DmbShn41
#914 Today, 11:53 AM
Not sure if this has come up before, but if you're in the Contacts app, search for a contact. When the list narrows down to just the search criteria, there is no way to get out of the search, no back button, cancel, and clicking in the area where you typed, results in nothing. Only way I have found to make Contacts usable again is to kill the app in multitask. Sorry if this has been hashed already.

---

Yup, that's been an issue ever since beta 2 for me. Quick solution is to head to the springboard and double click home to kill Contacts app.

Dialing has issues too, I'm sure glad I have Dialcetica. Works beautifully...

gomoq13
Jul 7, 2013, 02:36 PM
Using an iPhone 4s with ios 7 b2 installed the zoom feature doesn't work with the front camera. "pinching" the screen reveals the standard bar with slider to change the zoom level however moving this back and forth has no effect on the video or the real time display.

Same issue on my iPhone 4S.

Pank9j
Jul 7, 2013, 02:38 PM
Yup, that's been an issue ever since beta 2 for me. Quick solution is to head to the springboard and double click home to kill Contacts app.

Dialing has issues too, I'm sure glad I have Dialcetica. Works beautifully...

You can also click recent and then click back on contacts!

Jakimo
Jul 7, 2013, 02:41 PM
You can also click recent and then click back on contacts!

??

Once the tunneling happens, there is no way out of the list at all. No buttons (including Recents), no swiping out.

The only way out is to exit, kill, relaunch.

Pank9j
Jul 7, 2013, 02:48 PM
??

Once the tunneling happens, there is no way out of the list at all. No buttons (including Recents), no swiping out.

The only way out is to exit, kill, relaunch.

Try tapping recent button next to contacts and then click on contacts again. It worked for me.

jealousguy86
Jul 7, 2013, 02:53 PM
Hey, I have a quick question for those with iphone 5 and 7 beta 2. My phone is a company phone and it was my work's email through it. I have to have the security code lock on at all times, with no options to turn that off anymore since i installed their email.

should i install beta 2? will i have to reinstall my work email? or will it just upgrade and it'll be normal, just with the new software. I don't know much about how this all works..

Thanks

Jakimo
Jul 7, 2013, 03:13 PM
Try tapping recent button next to contacts and then click on contacts again. It worked for me.

Once you tunnel, there is nothing but a list of names. There's a thin line near top that would separate names from search field, but no search field and no way out at all.

It's an obvious and big bug, I think this'll be nailed by the next beta... rumors say July 8.

oklahoma258
Jul 7, 2013, 03:56 PM
Any ideas as to what time the Beta 3 comes out tomorrow (ET)?

Lodestone
Jul 7, 2013, 03:57 PM
Still doesnt work. Crashes after displaying the ebay splashscreen.

Ebay App works fine for me in Beta2

DmbShn41
Jul 7, 2013, 04:13 PM

Not the Call app with contacts inside of it, the actual Contacts app.

Surely this has been submitted to Apple by now. I'm having issues logging into the bug report system for Apple.

Hey, I have a quick question for those with iphone 5 and 7 beta 2. My phone is a company phone and it was my work's email through it. I have to have the security code lock on at all times, with no options to turn that off anymore since i installed their email.

should i install beta 2? will i have to reinstall my work email? or will it just upgrade and it'll be normal, just with the new software. I don't know much about how this all works..

Thanks

I suggest you don't install it. Wait for public release. Or buy an extra device that you can afford to not have access to, or have to depend on. These betas are extremely unreliable and buggy, not ready for public consumption.

Lodestone
Jul 7, 2013, 05:19 PM
I installed B1 and I had access to AirPlay.. Since now doing the update (OTA), Its no longer there.. Anyone else had this?

ritmomundo
Jul 7, 2013, 07:09 PM
Ebay App works fine for me in Beta2

Yeah, it works in Beta 2 since ebay updated their app last week.

lsutigerfan1976
Jul 7, 2013, 09:03 PM

I have been trying to use Navigon Central. And it crashes when you try to use it. So maybe it is some of the Navigon apps that are working. And some that are not. And i have beta 2 and Iphone 5.

Jakimo
Jul 7, 2013, 10:22 PM
In particular, I use Navigon USA and Canada with beta 2 on an iPhone 5. It's broken, no doubt about it...

stevomorning
Jul 8, 2013, 11:57 AM
One new feature I've just found today, if you create email and send it to someone from Exchange account it changes the From email address to the matching account. This is if your default account is different.

On ios6 I use to send emails from my personal email accounts by mistake all the time, a nice welcome feature.

ncsmith4
Jul 8, 2013, 08:54 PM
In iTunes Radio, the "Play More Like This" and "Never Play This Song" are greyed out. Anyone else?

Also, if you are playing music, and your phone is locked, shouldn't a one button press trigger the time with a SECOND button press triggering the music controls? That way it's a lot harder to accidentally hit the music controls in your pocket. I thought that's what the "double tap" the home button to get music controls was supposed to accomplish in the first place?

kmichalec
Jul 11, 2013, 12:21 PM
In particular, I use Navigon USA and Canada with beta 2 on an iPhone 5. It's broken, no doubt about it...

Not sure why it's broken for you. I use exactly the same thing, on the exact same setup iP5, beta 2, and I just used it to drive from Detroit to Niagara Falls Canada and back over the last 6 days, plus detours on the way, and did not have a single issue with the Navigon North America app.

Maybe try a restore?

Jakimo
Jul 11, 2013, 12:35 PM
It didn't work for most people, including Navigon engineers!

I've since been touch with them, there's good news coming.. They are going through a huge update that'll be ready for iOS 7 launch.

In the meantime, everyone has Navigon working again with beta 3. Works fine now...

stockinvestor
Aug 22, 2013, 05:09 PM
Just add a weeknumbers calendar.

yeah workaround bitc* :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: